New guy from FL with a '93 China blue

martz0r

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just picked it up today to replace my Crown Victoria P71 that I had for 3 years. Unfortunately I totaled it on the 9th, and working with a limited budget I set out to find a car on Craigslist today for ~1,500 dollars.

Here she is:

mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

The body is in excellent condition with no fading and has 143k. The seats aren't torn, the interior doesn't really show any wear with the exception of the ash tray door not staying closed and the cup holder door being flimsy... Common problems I'm sure.

I've always loved the Mark VIII's (mainly 2nd gens) but I got a killer deal on this car. $1,000!

Here's my old car with 153k:

vic1.jpg

And after the accident:

accident8.jpg

Glad to be a part of the MkVIII fam! My only gripe is the fuse for the interior lights/mem seats etc. keeps blowing. I guess I will have to track it down the culprit by process of elimination, unless anyone has an idea. Also, the car just had the air bags converted to coil suspension along with new brakes and coolant. After a few maintenance items, first items on the list is a J mod and tint!

Would pull the wheels off the Crown, do a mustang hub conversion and slap em on the Mark

Real nice find. I really like that color and would love to own one. Welcome and good luck with her!

Would pull the wheels off the Crown, do a mustang hub conversion and slap em on the Mark

Yeah, I was pretty upset to find out the Marks don't have the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. If I do the conversion, I think I may paint the wheels back to their original silver. Haven't decided yet.

holy moly. super clean for $1000. nice find.

:W to :V

Thanks!

So, will my FRPP 3.73s I had planned to install in the Vic go into the Mark? The search wasn't.. uh... OK, well I'm just lazy and I figured I'd ask in here. ;) Same rear end?

The gears will work in your Mark. Both vehicles have an 8.8 rear end. Just the Vic has a solid rear, and the Mark is an IRS.

So, will my FRPP 3.73s I had planned to install in the Vic go into the Mark? The search wasn't.. uh... OK, well I'm just lazy and I figured I'd ask in here. ;) Same rear end?

similar.
the gears will fit no problem.
although you will probly have major traction issues without a trac lock.

How far are you from Orlando? Nice car for the money!

Thanks. I'm about 2 1/2 hours south. North Port.

Real nice find. I really like that color and would love to own one. Welcome and good luck with her!

Thanks. Can't wait to throw a nice coat of wax on her and shine the chromes up.

A lot of nice Marks on here!

And believe me, I will definitely add a t-lok.

Clean looking ride! Not quite sure how I feel about the blue interior though.

BTW... Where's the rest of that trailer?.... LOL!

congrat on your new mark viii, had a 93 mark with the same rims as yours also before it was involved in an accident, got a 95lsc and really enjoy having the gen1. my 96 t-bird has also a blue interior, i didnt mind the color and still have her. anyways, welcome to the group:)

regards,
ramon

Welcome! Nice looking MK VIII! I love the chrome 20 spokes! You have all of your center caps? Also, your Vic looked sick!! Can you tell a difference between the VIC and the MK VIII? =p

My 93 had the same color enterior, I thought it was cool...until I got a Black on Black :)

Too bad you're not closer, could use the hood and probably the seats from your Vic

Welcome to LvC! I saw your thread on CVN about the car. There are quite a few members here who either own a panther, or have owned one in the past. Sorry for you loss, but you have come to the right place. and again welcome. It looks like it will be fun reading about your build up on that car.

Welcome. I love China Blue. When I was looking for a Mark Viii it was between that color, black, silver, or chameleon, but couldn't find any. So I found a Midnight Opal

Thanks for the welcomes!

I can't wait to get started on this car. It even still has the original owner's manual and warranty card tucked away in the black leather Lincoln book.

Has anyone had any experiences with the fuse for the power mirrors/memory seats/ dome lights etc. blowing? Just wondering if there's a specific item that could have a worn wire shorting the fuse out before I go hunting.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I can't wait to get started on this car. It even still has the original owner's manual and warranty card tucked away in the black leather Lincoln book.

Has anyone had any experiences with the fuse for the power mirrors/memory seats/ dome lights etc. blowing? Just wondering if there's a specific item that could have a worn wire shorting the fuse out before I go hunting.
bad seat motors or sticking switch or frayed wire or door sensor shorting..... could be a lot of things. Unplug the seat motors and see if it still pops.

Thanks Laser. The driver's side seat motor actually is bad and needs to be replaced. That would do it?

last 3 words heard in that p71 before impact... "tree, TREE, TREEEEE"

Just screwin with you man welcome to lvc. what all did you have in the p71 and what year is it? you can drop a lot of it in the mark.

thanks! I realized after I made this thread that there was a new members section, lol

last 3 words heard in that p71 before impact... "tree, TREE, TREEEEE"

Just screwin with you man welcome to lvc. what all did you have in the p71 and what year is it? you can drop a lot of it in the mark.

Dead on about the tree lol. It was a 2003, and I have a mod list here:

http://closeupcleaners.com/crownvictoria

I wanna put the Bullitts on it, but too much money right now to convert it to the SN95 hubs and all that jazz. That's why I am thinking about getting adapters, because if it's set up anything like ~03 Vics, you need spacers to run these wheels anyways (well don't need, but would like absolutely retarded without them). At least I didn't install my 3.73s yet and can save that for the Mark, with a trac lok of course. First things first though... get rid of this TC shudder and do a j-mod.

Welcome! Driveline mods alone will wake your car up in a hurry. The JMOD is a very very good preliminary mod to everything else you want to do. I'm sure you have experienced the sliding 4R70W shifts and know exactly what I'm talking about. ;) I am a big fan of the Panthers and have ridden in and driven a couple very fast Panthers but the Mark VIII can do the same with less effort. The 4-valves can become very serious hp makers especially with the Teksid block. The Northstar Cadillacs of this era don't hold a candle to what the Mark 8s are capable of. And you won't need to keep a bag of floor-dri handy either! ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back