New gal on the block

do you still have the grill???? it doesnt look terrible, a fixer upper, tonight at 7 or 8 i cant remeber, be on chat

I hate I missed that darn chat. It was in pieces so it couldn't be saved. Plus it had some yellow gunk barely holding it on because it was cracking. Though I did save the emblem and it's in good shape. Thanks for trying though!

Mounting_Bracket.jpg

welcome to the group! Is that Cumberland, as in Packer territory?:shifty:

Nope. Cumberland as in Cumberland Mountains. I live on a hill on a plateau on a mountain. I assume you speak of football in which I do not follow. However, I like to watch the tight ends on occasion. :D

Welcome to LVC!!!! This site needs more ladies to keep these hotties in check - they are full of..... well, full of something!!! lol Whatever it is you will learn to look over it and luv them anyway!!

Spend a rainy day reading thru the website, you will find all you need here, if you haven't been pm-ed on it already!

Great to have you!!!

MsM8

Thanks for the welcome. It was starting to feel like growing up all over again....the only girl stuck in the middle with all boys.

The link for the headlights works for me.:confused:

Do the headlights if the car is a DD.
Install a aftermarket HID kit, worth every penny.
Bad stock lights are dangerous at best.

If you don't work on cars I hope you have deep pockets, or go find a mechanic that will go to hell and back for next to nothing...or for a few hugs and kisses.

These cars can be a total PITA.

She means my attachment in the link doesn't work. That was my bad - I tried to edit a long time ago and lost my temper and deleted it all.

*look of embarrassment*

I'll explain the process to her later.

She means my attachment in the link doesn't work. That was my bad - I tried to edit a long time ago and lost my temper and deleted it all.

*look of embarrassment*

I'll explain the process to her later.

LOL.......just sell her yours.
You don't use them :p

LOL.......just sell her yours.
You don't use them :p

True! But... I took them back apart to do again! Lol.

I'll be putting that car back together soon and giving it away - sick of the sight of the thing.

True! But... I took them back apart to do again! Lol.

I'll be putting that car back together soon and giving it away - sick of the sight of the thing.

Why not...I sold my 93 for a song, after fixing every known gen one issue.

Nothing worse that a car in parts taking up space.
10-04035.jpg

Do the headlights if the car is a DD.
Install a aftermarket HID kit, worth every penny.
Bad stock lights are dangerous at best.

If you don't work on cars I hope you have deep pockets, or go find a mechanic that will go to hell and back for next to nothing...or for a few hugs and kisses.

These cars can be a total PITA.

I wish I could do more than nothing at the moment so I have a "one thing at a time" motto. Fortunately, I have 4 brothers and a father that are experienced mechanics. But we all know how it is to get family to help sometimes so I have extra X&O's to dish out! ;)

Anyway, the headlights are definitely a priority since my AA flashlight put out more light than the crappy stock headlights that are still on the car. my dad helped me put some lights behind the grill, (or where the grill should be), so I could drive at night. That's why I was looking to have a chrome grill to cover them up.

I agree that they need to be totally replaced, but I haven't really looked in to pricing. I just looked on the sale section, but didn't see any. There are two junkyards that have the driver side assembly only for $150 each. SURELY you guys can help me out. Please?

If your dad can install lights were the grill should be he can do the headlight fix with the housings you have.
Its the lowest cost fix, just takes time.
PM blue for the pics he got mad at.
Have your Dad read the thread.

Dads are awesome....

I don't have the pics, but I can explain the process and also show that tech article on Lincolnsonline.

Other alternative would be sending the lights to Jamie. (provided he's still doing them) That job is a PITA.

I love my daddy!

I need replacements though. Here's what I am dealing with:
new_lights.jpg

Ah OK - yeah, you'll need a left headlight. That right one could be restored, though. Jamie (user name BAD97LSC) can restore lights to like new for around $120, so if you can find a good used left headlight from the junkyard, you could send both to him. Then, get a cheap Ebay HID kit for a 9005 application and you'll have great lights again.

OMG post in the parts section.

Headlights wanted for Gen one....you never know what you might get.
I bought a new in the box set form this site.

I"ll have to take a closer look to see if the passenger side needs to be shined on the inside. Otherwise, it's just a polish and new HID I can do myself. That will have to wait when I can work more than two days a week. :(

I didn't want to post and get someone's hopes up to sell if I didn't have the money, but I guess I could see what's out there and make no promises of when I can pay. Plus.... I'm new and peeps are new to me so we must build trust. I'd hate to have that whole PayPal thing happen to me. It's too much work to drive to someone's house. hehe

:Bang

I"ll have to take a closer look to see if the passenger side needs to be shined on the inside. Otherwise, it's just a polish and new HID I can do myself.

It will - the low beam rear and top will have chrome burned off. The lights are a cheap and nasty design.

Thank goodness the engine rocks! I can deal with fixing the headlight issue over that any day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back