New gal on the block

K

Klenora

Hey guys and dolls!
I was searching the Internet for some Gen 1 ideas/parts and came across an active Lincoln forum so I decided to sign up and hear all the latest and greatest to spruce up my Mark VIII. I've had it for about a year, but haven't really worked on it the way I envision with the exception of adding an alternator and replacing that crappy little plastic piece in the steering column so I could put the key switch back in the steering wheel. It might be a longshot, but I'm hoping for some advice and customizing tips/tricks.

This is where it sat for 3+ years the day I got it:
143.jpg

Here's a little about the car's needs:
-clearcoat peeling (stupid car covers!) :Bang
-grill is in pieces (I recently removed it and installed additional lights)
-headlights yellowing and cracked :( (need replacements desperately)
-driver's side door panel loose (looks like it was removed once)
-center console box keeps popping up (needs a new lid)
-driver's side door bushing needs to be replaced (annoying door ajar that WD40 won't fix)
-replace the cracked wood grain (have the OEM part in OEM box :cool:)
-SUNROOF!

OK so the last one isn't really a need, but more of a want. That list is a heck of a lot longer and not as easy to fix.......

Last edited:
Hey guys and dolls!
I was searching the Internet for some Gen 1 ideas/parts and came across an active Lincoln forum so I decided to sign up and hear all the latest and greatest to spruce up my Mark VIII. I've had it for about a year, but haven't really worked on it the way I envision with the exception of adding an alternator and replacing that crappy little plastic piece in the steering column so I could put the key switch back in the steering wheel. It might be a longshot, but I'm hoping for some advice and customizing tips/tricks.

This is where it sat for 3+ years the day I got it:
143.jpg

Here's a little about the car's needs:
-clearcoat peeling (stupid car covers!) :Bang
-grill is in pieces (I recently removed it and installed additional lights)
-headlights yellowing and cracked :( (need replacements desperately)
-driver's side door panel loose (looks like it was removed once)
-center console box keeps popping up (needs a new lid)
-driver's side door bushing needs to be replaced (annoying door ajar that WD40 won't fix)
-replace the cracked wood grain (have the OEM part in OEM box :cool:)
-SUNROOF!

OK so the last one isn't really a need, but more of a want. That list is a heck of a lot longer and not as easy to fix.......

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Lincoln Mark VIII if you have one you either hate the car or love the car...sometimes both in the same moment. I live in Nashville, what part of the country are you hailing from?

Welcome to LVC.
Here is a write up on your head light issue.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=40254&highlight=headlights
BAD97LSC "Jamie" might be talked into doing a set for you for the right price.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/member.php?u=7958

What do you want to do with the car?
Daily driver, or weekend warrior?

That will help with the advice.

As for me, I would install ray switch "to slam the air ride while parked" or ASHAM8
http://members.chello.hu/breda.belarobert/asham8/
J-mod, a chip, 4.10s and a tune, maybe a converter.

Depends on how you drive.

welcome to the site one of the old guys here as in age. kk is one of the younger but still a good guy did i say that. check out the chat room on wed. evening around 730 jds353

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! This is a great site with a lot of good information and good people!

do you still have the grill???? it doesnt look terrible, a fixer upper, tonight at 7 or 8 i cant remeber, be on chat

Welcome to LVC!!!! This site needs more ladies to keep these hotties in check - they are full of..... well, full of something!!! lol Whatever it is you will learn to look over it and luv them anyway!!

Spend a rainy day reading thru the website, you will find all you need here, if you haven't been pm-ed on it already!

Great to have you!!!

MsM8

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Lincoln Mark VIII if you have one you either hate the car or love the car...sometimes both in the same moment. I live in Nashville, what part of the country are you hailing from?

Oh cool! You are a couple of hours away from me. I live on the plateau in Crossville. :)

Welcome to LVC.
Here is a write up on your head light issue.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=40254&highlight=headlights Oh no! bad attachment!
BAD97LSC "Jamie" might be talked into doing a set for you for the right price.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/member.php?u=7958 hmmm....

What do you want to do with the car? Fix the unfixed and add a few customizations OR jerk out the engine and throw it in to a Cobra :D
Daily driver, or weekend warrior? daily

That will help with the advice.

As for me, I would install ray switch "to slam the air ride while parked" or ASHAM8
http://members.chello.hu/breda.belarobert/asham8/
J-mod, a chip, 4.10s and a tune, maybe a converter. Maybe I should add an addition to include a mechanic with money and a love for the car/me?

Depends on how you drive.

[hanks for the tips!

welcome to the site one of the old guys here as in age. kk is one of the younger but still a good guy did i say that. check out the chat room on wed. evening around 730 jds353

Sorry I missed it. I had to work and I get dog tired afterwards. I'm probably older than most of the people here. Besides, we don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. That's what George said anyway.....

Simmer down, Pepps. One is enough for you. :lol:

Either way. Welcome, I suppose. Use the search function. It's there to help you not look like a n00b.

Stay away from that ass of a Search NAZI. You annoy him, he'll rag on you for S&G's.

I'm still a n00b, but S&G's aren't all they are 'cracked' up to be!

SandG.jpg

Welcome to LVC. We have a wealth of knowledge here. We can get your Mark looking good in no time at all.

Thanks GMAN! Now where do I take the car for you guys to spiff it up again? ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back