New Car

Removing cats will make it loud, X pipe will be louder,

And yes my Magnaflow Bullets are louder than my Raven D-40s

The Ravens are on a dual cat- X pipe system, and the Bullets are on a full cat system

Thanks for the compliment, watch the video a bunch more, i want to be a YouTube millionaire like Rebecka Black

How's it going guys I haven't posted in a long time. But Im on the site quite often. Sorry to bring back an old post, but Im having a similar problem of someone who just created the overheating thread. So rather than trying to take over his post or create a new one I figured I bring back this one.

To start off I live in Ohio, as some off you may know this winter has been crazy cold. My car has been giving me the low coolant message so I would top off the reservoir. Which wasn't very low at first. Until this week I checked it and it was empty, so i filled to the cold line. As I drove that day after about 5miles the low coolant msg came again, then no more than 5miles more the check eng temp msg came on and the temp gauge needle was on red. I pulled over and while doing so the needle slowly went back to half. So I continued on and the needle stayed at half and went up a little past it when I went faster than 50mph. After another 4-5miles it stayed at half and didnt move again.

Its been doing this same sequence for about two weeks. Has anyone had this problem before. Or have any thoughts on what it could be???

Heres an updated pic

image.jpg

How's it going guys I haven't posted in a long time. But Im on the site quite often. Sorry to bring back an old post, but Im having a similar problem of someone who just created the overheating thread. So rather than trying to take over his post or create a new one I figured I bring back this one.

To start off I live in Ohio, as some off you may know this winter has been crazy cold. My car has been giving me the low coolant message so I would top off the reservoir. Which wasn't very low at first. Until this week I checked it and it was empty, so i filled to the cold line. As I drove that day after about 5miles the low coolant msg came again, then no more than 5miles more the check eng temp msg came on and the temp gauge needle was on red. I pulled over and while doing so the needle slowly went back to half. So I continued on and the needle stayed at half and went up a little past it when I went faster than 50mph. After another 4-5miles it stayed at half and didnt move again.

Its been doing this same sequence for about two weeks. Has anyone had this problem before. Or have any thoughts on what it could be???

Heres an updated pic

Leaking water pump, radiator, hoses, heater core etc. Best to put some dye in and trace the leak.

Make sure you fill it up at the crossover. But my guess is that it's leaking somewhere. I'd check all the hoses, bottom corners of the radiator, adapter gasket and beneath the waterpump.

If possible, put something (flattened box) under the car and start it up cold till' it gets close to op temp. If it's got a leak then it should show something on the board, unless of course its internal.

Before I say anything, STOP DRIVING it that way! You will ruin that gorgeous Mark VIII running it hot. As prior mentioned, It could be a number of things. You need to take it out on a test drive. Let it idle in your driveway until it reaches optimum temp. Then take it out for a spin around a couple blocks. Bring it back home, Pop the hood & take a look. You should spot the leak. Remember, when the temp rises, these cooling systems develop high pressure so you are bound to see it.

Firstly, next time it overheats check to see if the fan is on. A bad vcrm module or vclm(gen 2) module will cause the car to overheat intermittently which when it gets to high temperatures can cause the coolant to "vanish". In other terms if your car overheated all the coolant can burst out even if you don't have a leak. So first fill it up properly(crossover tube) and next time you see the needle to go past the half way mark get out of the car and check to see if your fan is working. If your fan is working and it still overheats than we can start looking for other problems.

Firstly, next time it overheats check to see if the fan is on. A bad vcrm module or vclm(gen 2) module will cause the car to overheat intermittently which when it gets to high temperatures can cause the coolant to "vanish". In other terms if your car overheated all the coolant can burst out even if you don't have a leak. So first fill it up properly(crossover tube) and next time you see the needle to go past the half way mark get out of the car and check to see if your fan is working. If your fan is working and it still overheats than we can start looking for other problems.
My fan works still temp needles goes up n down

Members online

Back