"New car hunt" - Visited Mercedes and Jaguar

lol
Mark, it's Automatic Speed Limiter. It allows one to set a speed limiter basically on the engine. I can pick a speed between 18mph and 100+ according to the manual. Say, if i set it at 65mph and reach that speed, mph won't increase even if i floor it.

....I think i will be using the checkered flag instead.

That interior just says "Sexy" man. Congrats on the car. Love that seat color!

I hate you so much right now :p

I love that brown leather. What do they officially call that?

I hate you so much right now :p

I love that brown leather. What do they officially call that?

haha. It was a painful wait, but all worth it. I definitely see you upgrading to one of this.

It's called London Tan.

What he said...

Pshh, i'd be happy with just a base model! Nice man, looks really sharp

The base model is still pimp and full of new technology. They can be had for mid $20,000 but i would probably stay away from the 09 model year.

haha. It was a painful wait, but all worth it. I definitely see you upgrading to one of this.

It's called London Tan.

The base model is still pimp and full of new technology. They can be had for mid $20,000 but i would probably stay away from the 09 model year.
I'm still paying on my Navigator... once it's paid off, no more car payments for a while! lol

So what years is yours Edgar? I'm dying to see more of this beauty!

As some of you know, the LS is no more and i picked up a XF.

Thought i would give you guys a sneak peak of the interior.

7633248526_74a254f6fb_b.png

Man that is beautiful! "If" I had money I would no doubt get me an XFR I'm absolutely in love with that car! Can't wait to see more pics!

Mark, if i told you the year then you would know which generation i got. Two more days, i will share some pictures......i promise :)

Dennis, thanks man. The XFR is insane. Might be too much power for daily use. This thing with the NA 5 liter engine, tears up the tires first, second gear no problem and that's with traction control + stability control on.

Both are great cars, and you guys are right even here in NS there are lots of BMWs around and the older Benz's so a Jag would be a good pick. Also consider the A8 which is a sweet ride as well and for sum reason I like the size and style of the LS460

Congrats on the purchase, LOVE the interior color!!
Looking forward to seeing more pics. :)

Something that I've been wondering about since the XF first came out. What happens if the electric motor fails that raises the gear selector out of the console. Do you think you would still be able to turn the knob to select a gear?

LOVE the interior color!!

Something that I've been wondering about since the XF first came out. What happens if the electric motor fails that raises the gear selector out of the console. Do you think you would still be able to turn the knob to select a gear?

I think that there was a recall for that very problem early on when they started using that gear selector. AFAIK, they are reliable now. I guess that the worst case would be that you could pull the trim off and manually crank the knob into the up position and just leave it there. This would be the same with the AC registers that power open and closed.

Both are great cars, and you guys are right even here in NS there are lots of BMWs around and the older Benz's so a Jag would be a good pick. Also consider the A8 which is a sweet ride as well and for sum reason I like the size and style of the LS460

Styling wise, the XF has the germans beat. Both BMW and Benz looks nice, but Jaguar is on another level. The funny thing is, all of the german cars USED, cost more than a new XF.

Congrats on the purchase, LOVE the interior color!!

Thanks for the compliment. As Joe stated, the problem was on the 09 model year. There was a recall on it. It had to do with bad soldering inside the unit.
Jaguar provides complimentary roadside, which i have for the next 4 years, so if anything does happen, they will take care of it. Jaguar offers warranty up to 8 years and 100,000 which is nice.
I have to say, Jaguar has come a long way.
http://www.madisonjaguar.com/JD-Powers-Rating-Jaguar.html

I think that there was a recall for that very problem early on when they started using that gear selector. AFAIK, they are reliable now. I guess that the worst case would be that you could pull the trim off and manually crank the knob into the up position and just leave it there. This would be the same with the AC registers that power open and closed.

Through the main screen, the car allows you to either have the vents open or closed. If on auto, they open if the car is started and close if the engine is stopped.
Which is a nice feature to have that will save the motor.

05ls v8 i ask you to consider the cls 55amg in black color with tan interiro its much luxe(and much special coz its the first car in that categorie ....) than the jag,,,
the only 2 good thing for the jag,1-they have bad cote in the used so people like us save a lot of money.2- they are special coz its the britsch style,,its so nice we have allthe time in our dream the bentley(symbole of br luxury) cars so special.
1-cls55amg
2-jag
3-wait some time and get the new f10 m5 its the beautist car i ever seen it will be my next in 5 years...(sorry for my bad english)

sorry congratulation realy nice car...happy for you to get a realy nice car ...:)

Congrats man. After seeing the car in person it is truely gorgeous. And Mercedes and BMWs are a dime a dozen out here. The Jag stands out.

05ls v8 i ask you to consider the cls 55amg in black color with tan interiro its much luxe(and much special coz its the first car in that categorie ....) than the jag,,,
the only 2 good thing for the jag,1-they have bad cote in the used so people like us save a lot of money.2- they are special coz its the britsch style,,its so nice we have allthe time in our dream the bentley(symbole of br luxury) cars so special.
1-cls55amg
2-jag
3-wait some time and get the new f10 m5 its the beautist car i ever seen it will be my next in 5 years...(sorry for my bad english)

sorry congratulation realy nice car...happy for you to get a realy nice car ...:)

Thank for the recommendation, but i like exclusivity.

Congrats man. After seeing the car in person it is truely gorgeous. And Mercedes and BMWs are a dime a dozen out here. The Jag stands out.

Thanks Rich.

its all right ,,you know having a lincln ls means that you are exclusive and means that all of us are exclusive coz there aren t alot in the roads and makes you feel driving some thing like a rolls (in exclusivty i mean)we see it in the eyes of other user of the road whats this car?year?i love that and thats why i m in my 2nd ls....all what i say fits perfectly in your xf amazing car man(not alot in the road)perfect choise

its all right ,,you know having a lincln ls means that you are exclusive and means that all of us are exclusive coz there aren t alot in the roads and makes you feel driving some thing like a rolls (in exclusivty i mean)we see it in the eyes of other user of the road whats this car?year?i love that and thats why i m in my 2nd ls....all what i say fits perfectly in your xf amazing car man(not alot in the road)perfect choise

FYI, there were less than 216 thousand total LSes built.

FYI, there were less than 216 thousand total LSes built.

Exclusive isn't all it's cracked up to be. My last actual car before the LS was a 1989 Buick Reatta. You want exclusive, they only made a total of 20,000 of them over a 4 year period, including coupes and convertibles. Buying new parts was impossible, buying used or rebuilt parts took months of research. It cost 2200 dollars (200 dollar deductible, insurance picked up the balance) to replace the windshield, AND I had to track down where to get one. Turns out Pilkington (the same people that make the LS windshield) has the information needed to make the Reatta glass, but they had to make me a one-off and it took a month to get it. The Reatta was a car I'd always wanted, until I had one. I've never been so happy to see a car go as I was when I sold that car. It was a nice drive for a front wheel drive, but it needed restoration and I simply could not do it.

The LS is a far superior car to the Reatta though, no question.

To the OP, I love that interior. Were I going to have an interior custom built for anything, that shade of brown is what I'd go with. Perhaps a bit more red in it, but I love that color.

Exclusive isn't all it's cracked up to be. My last actual car before the LS was a 1989 Buick Reatta. You want exclusive, they only made a total of 20,000 of them over a 4 year period, including coupes and convertibles. Buying new parts was impossible, buying used or rebuilt parts took months of research. It cost 2200 dollars (200 dollar deductible, insurance picked up the balance) to replace the windshield, AND I had to track down where to get one. Turns out Pilkington (the same people that make the LS windshield) has the information needed to make the Reatta glass, but they had to make me a one-off and it took a month to get it. The Reatta was a car I'd always wanted, until I had one. I've never been so happy to see a car go as I was when I sold that car. It was a nice drive for a front wheel drive, but it needed restoration and I simply could not do it.

The LS is a far superior car to the Reatta though, no question.

To the OP, I love that interior. Were I going to have an interior custom built for anything, that shade of brown is what I'd go with. Perhaps a bit more red in it, but I love that color.

I remember years ago when Kenny Bernstein drove a Reatta in top fuel funny car (NHRA drag racing for those that dont know) and they wanted to outlaw it because it was too areodynamic. I always like the Reatta and wondered what one would be like with a 1000hp V8. In 20-30 years it will be just as hard to find parts for the LS. The youngsters will be saying...remember the Lincoln LS, man I wish I could get parts for one of those. Thats when I will be able to say I have one of the rarest in my garage...2002 LSE. If only it was the V6 5spd. I will never sell my LS!

Members online

No members online now.
Back