Need your guys help.

Angel12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've been having creaking noises coming from my suspension(front and rear) my rear more than my front I'm figuring its my bushings hopefully. So i hoisted her up at friends place and noticed that this was cracked (see pic below ) I'm assuming its not my bushing. Can someone direct me in the right way I've been searching but no luck. It's located under my right rear by the tire the boot where the bolt is in is cracked thanks

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

The boot that the bolt is sitting in is cracked bad, in the 1st pic its what surrounds the bolt in the middle

No joke just a question..Funny how ppl are. So the boot is cracked If i replace it and my problems goes away, problem solved. As you can see I don't know either that is why I asked

Okay sorry so I am confused what is that part that is located in the pic I showed is it the bushings or something else cause you see when I hit the gas I hear click I figures it's the cracked part since it somewhat loose and cracked is the stabalizer bar bracket I need?

Joe thanks for all it help you've been such great help now and before with my other problems

I've used that point to raise my LS many times. On my 2000 the flange around the bolt has cracked and there is no noise. A creaking sound would indicate dry/worn bushings.

Yea I am confused now too. I always use that inner part to jafkstand my LS. Is this incorrect or something??

Well that seems to be the route of my noise problem I try to reproduce the stress on the shocks/rear passenger side to hear the clicking noise while its in the driveway no go and this bracket that's in the pic is somewhat loose and cracked so that is what I'm thinking might be my issue I hope

Well that seems to be the route of my noise problem I try to reproduce the stress on the shocks/rear passenger side to hear the clicking noise while its in the driveway no go and this bracket that's in the pic is somewhat loose and cracked so that is what I'm thinking might be my issue I hope
try it out, good luck, but imo that is thick rubber, and it would absorb vibrations and rattle

Is that possible can I take it off without causing any other issues ??

I've looked everywhere and i can't find this part I'm going to try Lincoln dealership 2mrrw anyone else??

Eureka!! so # 11 will be the part now I've been searching and no one has that part

9 W706614 Rear subframe bolts
(4 required)
10 — ABS sensor electrical cable locator
11 5D042 Subframe and bushings assembly
Removal and Installation

i might be wrong ...thats the same part in the pic right? above

s6x~us~en~file=n0002822.gif~gen~ref.jpg

Members online

Back