Need Toreador Red Drivers Door Handle ASAP!

Fent

LVC Noob
Reaction score
Well just got home from work and my other car is sitting on the rim. Guess i ran over something.....Go to get my air pump and my door handle breaks.

Awesome! So can anyone hook me up with a Toreador Red Drivers door handle....thanks so much in advance.

PM me if you can on price and shipping....i hope its not hard to change out from what i read in the searches it doesn't seem that easy...

If you can't find a toreador red one, I've got a set of chrome ones I'll sell you for $50 shipped.

If you can't find a toreador red one, I've got a set of chrome ones I'll sell you for $50 shipped.

OK thanks i will keep that in mind.

I am guessing there is no chance in hell you can glue this?

Go pick up Duplicolor t.red at your local auto parts store and paint one. I painted both of mine and can't tell the difference.

And if you mean glueing/epoxy/whathaveyou the handle back together good luck. You have to remember the handles take alot of abuse and no matter what you do it'll fail.

Well it looks like its broken from the outside and all the pins and hardware are in tact on the inside of the door.

Is that the typical breaking point?

So if i lift the door handle up and look i still see the tab on the right side i could pull on and pop the door (just hard to hold onto it).

Not sure if that can be glued or not? Either way if someone has a direct match id like to just get the handle.

Thanks again in advance.

That's the most common failure point.

Also, that handle is made out of metal (albeit, crappy metal, but metal nonetheless), and it broke. You're not likely to be able to find a glue that would hold it...

Trying to put it back together will be a complete waste of your time. I got bored when mine broke and f'd with it..Nothing held...

If you can weld thats about the only option other then replacing.

Also earlier handles are thinner metal then the second gens. Dont notice it by looking at them but when you grab the handle you can feel the thicker lip.

If you can weld thats about the only option other then replacing.

Also earlier handles are thinner metal then the second gens. Dont notice it by looking at them but when you grab the handle you can feel the thicker lip.

It's not weldable.....

The metal is too thin and porous and just melts away.

A Navy Nuclear-qualified welder wasn't able to do it....

That's what I said but was assured by the person I was talking to that it could be done. He has yet to prove it to me. :lol:

My point was its better to replace it. More so since its really the only thing you can do.

I tried to weld mine when I first got my car... wow that cheap pot-metal just melts... lol

If you have the money Fent, Ford STILL sells a factory BRAND NEW handle (which is what I bought for my '93 before I totalled it)

And it's already in primer and ready to paint. I think you were the fella I talked to at Edgewater right? I can paint it for you too if need be.

It's also an extremely difficult and tedious job to get your fingers/hands inside the door to get all the clips and such, gaurantee you'll break the yellow one that clips over the lock cyl... it's a PITA.

I tried to weld mine when I first got my car... wow that cheap pot-metal just melts... lol

If you have the money Fent, Ford STILL sells a factory BRAND NEW handle (which is what I bought for my '93 before I totalled it)

And it's already in primer and ready to paint. I think you were the fella I talked to at Edgewater right? I can paint it for you too if need be.

It's also an extremely difficult and tedious job to get your fingers/hands inside the door to get all the clips and such, gaurantee you'll break the yellow one that clips over the lock cyl... it's a PITA.

Yes thats me. I am looking for a new one just didnt know if you could JB weld it. That stuff is pretty amazing. Just dont want to do all this work and the paint not turn out or last like i want.

Do you (or anyone else) have a part number for the unpainted one?

A picture of these clips would be great too if for some reason someone has one. (il try and take one if not) However my dad has done professional body work/paint for over 30 years so i am not worried about the panel although i have warned him he is in for a fun sunday lol :):rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks again, hopefully someone reply's with a "i have one left" here in the next few days lol

Really just trying to avoid painting one and it not last or match.

I figured someone on here has to have one!

Looks good, know where to get new stripping for the door? mine is all cracked away and i wanted to paint that red because i have an LSC grill

Bump...!

Sorry, I don't know where...

I DO know where you can get some chrome door handles, though... :p :D

Maybe you could just install the driver side chrome one until you find a toreador red one...

I don't know how often you drive this car, but I know from experience that it really sucks having a broken door handle...

You can still buy them from the dealer fairly cheaply, though you'll have to paint them...

Go pick up Duplicolor t.red at your local auto parts store and paint one. I painted both of mine and can't tell the difference.

And if you mean glueing/epoxy/whathaveyou the handle back together good luck. You have to remember the handles take alot of abuse and no matter what you do it'll fail.

I have had a set of pearl white Chrome one laying around (98 Conti) Primered and sanded for about 2 years now. couldnt get a decent paint quote from a paint shop so they just sat.......when I read this last week i ran to Advanced and got the T Red Paint. matches near perfect. Thanks LVS :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Well last bump before i buy some expensive dealer part i guess.

They want $90 for it unpainted

I had it held with CA glue till my brother opened my door
(i was popping it and pulling from the top)

Wow what a head ache!

Also cant get my new Kicker L7's to sound good with the factory radio, thats a story for a new thread tho...

handle or housing? or both? 98lincmk7lsc has handles he will sell you, for cheaper than that i bet.

Good luck Fent, I had to buy a new one when I replaced mine.

Can't wait to get back to get my 93 back to the track, just got mine back together. Hope to see you at the track again

Members online

Back