Need help on price

ponytail john

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know that the people on this forum are in the know so I need to put a price on my rearend collisioned 93 Mark Vlll with 79,000 miles. I don't have the room to part it out so that is out of the question so any help will be greatly appreciated. The last pic. shows the Octastars, rear quarters are buckeled, pic. is before the wreck.:)

Frontengine52707.jpg

Rear992.jpg

MarkwithOctastars.jpg

I think you should just put a gen II rear clip on it, well I dont know the the exact conditions but between $800.00-$1200.00

I think its worth more because of the Octastars some will pay over $800 for them alone.

Maybe sell the wheels seprate.

Contact jamies98lsc

Lincoln Auto Parts 727-485-8455 or 727-365-1769
Specializing in 93-98 Mark VIII's
We also service Mark VIII's
42160 US 19 N Tarpon Springs FL

He would give the the best idea what to do or what it might be worth in your area.

i already spoke with him on this, and for whoever said 800 for octastars, maybe 2 years ago they would have, i do this for a living and let me tell you, if you would pay 800 i'd like you as a customer, because no one is spending any money at all on these cars right now. the last set i had were almost mint and they sold for 300 bucks for all 4 . like i said no one is spending money right now, this economy is hurting everyone, rich or poor.

i already spoke with him on this, and for whoever said 800 for octastars, maybe 2 years ago they would have, i do this for a living and let me tell you, if you would pay 800 i'd like you as a customer, because no one is spending any money at all on these cars right now. the last set i had were almost mint and they sold for 300 bucks for all 4 . like i said no one is spending money right now, this economy is hurting everyone, rich or poor.

Wow I guess I a little bit behind the times.
And you have had me as a customer.

I would have to agree with Jamie on this. The economy stinks right now. In all honesty, if you can't part it out, just junk it. The problem is the vehicle is just not worth anything to the general public. The first thing they are going to do is look at Edmunds/kbb/nada. Then they will look at the damage, and say forget it. There is a lot of damage on that car. No one is going to buy it and then take it to be repaired. I'm sorry, but thats my analysis.

john i'd love to buy it from you for parts to help myself out and help you get rid of it and make a little money, but like i said to you what you want for it and what i would give you for it are two different worlds, the car has meaning to you which i understand fully, it was your car, it has low miles and a lot of good parts still, but to me, it has no meaning except another mark to rip apart, so to me its worth alot less. you have my email if you decide to just take what you can get, im not pressuring you to sell it to me cheap, i honestly dont care if i bought it or not, i buy them left and right, but if times get desperate, let me know.

It would be a shame to just junk it. I hope Jamie and John would work this out.

Too bad you are too far south for me I'll take it and part it out. Front end... not damaged. Lost of good parts left.

$2500 to repair and over $7000 for the car if not more,man that was a nice car,

If you were a reasonable distance away I would buy that car, but unfotunatly florida's a real haul.

Just about everything on the front suspension has been changed except the thrust rod bushings so it's still tight. This guy on the east coast of Fl. needs an engine for his 95 Mark so I'm waiting to hear from him and if I don't hear from him in a couple of days Jaime gets it for what he said he'd give me.:)

Speaking of Octastars, I seem to have found that one of my center caps is chipped and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a replacement for it.

Put the Mark on Craigs list yesterday morning for $700 and the first guy that looked at it bought it so unfortunately it's gone but the guy made out like a bandit.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back