Need help locked my keys in car

so your car has been running for five hours? Call a tow truck to come break in

About 6 hours now LOL. I can hear it from inside the house I was playing my luther vandross cd pretty loud so its like a party in the street. Gonna go out and break the window in a min my dad wants to help

It most certainly will if you press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the outside of the driver's door at the same time. Also, if you lock the doors manually instead of with the inside button.

This obviously isn't true with Gen I's... What's the trick to let the car lock while it's running?

And, whether I lock doors with the button inside or using keys (manually), all doors lock and alarm sets.

This obviously isn't true with Gen I's... What's the trick to let the car lock while it's running?

And, whether I lock doors with the button inside or using keys (manually), all doors lock and alarm sets.

Yes, but he has a gen II, so we are talking about a gen II. He was cleaning it, maybe he hit the buttons. Or maybe he hit the manual lever on the only door he had unlocked.
Locking with the key in the driver's door triggers and electric switch to the car's electronics. Locking with the manual level inside the door does nothing electrical, so the car doesn't know you locked it, so it doesn't do the unlock thing...

About 6 hours now LOL. I can hear it from inside the house I was playing my luther vandross cd pretty loud so its like a party in the street. Gonna go out and break the window in a min my dad wants to help

Dude I can't believe you are going to break a window to get inside. So many easier ways, just look on youtube if the video I posted can't be done.

Oh brother... 6+ hours, and you still haven't called a locksmith? A locksmith will come open the car, will show in less than an hour and will cost about 100 bucks. You've already screwed the hood, the temp sender, and who knows what else, so now you're several hundred dollars in previously unneeded repairs, and still aren't into the car. A locksmith would come in, work on the car about 2 seconds, and you'd be into the car.

Why do people resist calling a locksmith when they lock their keys in? Such a simple solution, and sooooo much cheaper than not calling one. And yes, I know the shame of the locksmith call, locked my keys in my car once, with my small kids inside. I called the locksmith because it was night in November. Had there been any risk of harm I'd have gone right through the glass with a rock without a second thought. Ever since then, I don't close a car door without the keys being in my hand.

Luthor Vandross? Really?

wait a sec...... haha i see whats really going on ....., touche SoonerLS touche

Props

, imma fly solo on this until maybe someone else gets in on it (some may have a clue as to what im talking about), props man love the car nonetheless :D

troll-meme-live-wallpaper-5-0-s-307x512.jpg

troll-meme-live-wallpaper-5-0-s-307x512.jpg

you seriously did not just crowbar the hood open, jesus. well at least that was a nice car, I'm sure this is only a sign of things to come.

important thing to consider, you may have caused some serious damage to the hood latch as prying should not allow it to open. you need to make damn sure that the latch is not damaged or the hood could fly up causing thousands of dollars in damage (not to mention causing a wreck and possibly killing you or someone else on the road.)

call me crazy, but have you tried to call the guy that you brought the car from to ask him what the door code is so A: you can get into the car, B: this never happens again, and C: you can program in your onw code code so that you dont forget it.

and go immediately to the dealer and have two more keys made. you always want to have three keys on hand, that way if you even lose one, you can always program a new one with the two remaining keys you have as with only one key you will need to have a dealer (or some locksmiths) program it for you...

One of the reasons I keep the key separate from the remote.......

after locking my keys in my car 100 miles from home and using the metal strips from a wiper blade to pick the lock I learned to always keep a spare on me. I buy a key at the hardware store, have it cut, break the plastic off and stick it in my wallet.

Go inside.

Call a locksmith.

Have a coke and a smile.

Oh, And slap yourself in the face for blasting Luther vandross. I mean, I'll listen to a little R&B, but normally that's if a chick has it playing while we're doing things that are appropriate for that music.

/thread.

you seriously did not just crowbar the hood open, jesus. well at least that was a nice car, I'm sure this is only a sign of things to come.

important thing to consider, you may have caused some serious damage to the hood latch as prying should not allow it to open. you need to make damn sure that the latch is not damaged or the hood could fly up causing thousands of dollars in damage (not to mention causing a wreck and possibly killing you or someone else on the road.)

call me crazy, but have you tried to call the guy that you brought the car from to ask him what the door code is so A: you can get into the car, B: this never happens again, and C: you can program in your onw code code so that you dont forget it.

and go immediately to the dealer and have two more keys made. you always want to have three keys on hand, that way if you even lose one, you can always program a new one with the two remaining keys you have as with only one key you will need to have a dealer (or some locksmiths) program it for you...

something tells me common sense doesn't run to deep over there. Im sure if he wasn't going to spend the $40 to have a lock smith come out, he's certainly isn't going to spend the $100+ to have a key made and programmed... Im sure he also has a new grill and possibly a new window to pay for.

Just set fire to the car that should stop the engine. It still might not let you inside, but that doesn't seem to be your main concern :p

If you let go of the door handle too fast the driver's door will lock itself. This is a mechanical design problem usually associalted with someone moving too fast when exiting the car. This is not the only car out there that will do this. I have a rule in my shop...always put the driver's window down if a car is running. Had a few jump into gear & parking brake won't hold it.

Call a AAA tow truck they can get in in about 30 seconds.

Or buy a Steck BIG EASY entry tool kit part #32955. Then you can get into any car.

I install magnetic entry systems in my customers cars that leave keys in the car and lock the doors. These are used on wheel chair vans.

Stop tearing up your car Hoods and windows are alot more expensive than AAA. After all this is over get a couple extra keys made. put in in the car under the carpet or seats & put one in your house.

Guys I dont have aaa so we couldnt just call them. We used a rock to break into the front window so we could turn it off :(

broken.jpgbroken2.jpg

broken.jpg

broken2.jpg

Wow.
So, as you get all this fixed, please do get two more keys made. Since you only have one key, you will need a dealer (or some locksmiths can do this too) to program in the keys (actually, the car gets programmed to the keys, not the keys to the car). While you're there, get them to pull the factory keypad code for you. Once you have that, you can program your own personal code in that you can remember. First, check your owner's manual to see if anyone stuck the card with the factory code on it in there.

Alternately, since you will have to take the driver's door trim off to replace the window, you can try looking on the driver's door module for a label with the factory code on it. Recently, I have seen it claimed that the code is actually there, just not exactly as expected.
"on the driver door module there is a sticker with a barcode above the bar code is a number that will look like this xxxx-xxxxxx-xx
you can see it by simple pulling out you power window switches the middle 6 digits will have a letter in it take the letter out and the other 5 digits will be the lock code for your car. "

No offense but I see it hard that you don't know where your battery is. I feel sorry that you have a lincoln. You should take time to know your car. Stuff happens, it happens to all of us but you should be more prepare. If you really loved, like or even care about your lincoln, you wont jam a bar under your hood. Also leaving your car on for 6 hours is not harmful but not smart, call lock smith. This should be a LESSON learned.

1. Get spare key
2. reprogram key code
3. fix your damn hood
4. give lincoln to someone who cares for it.

Sorry to be harsh but its a pitty.

I'd love to hear Andrizzle's response to all this. Either he'd laugh, cry, shrug his shoulders, or shake his head. This was one of the nicest LS's on LVC.

Members online

Back