Need Help from somebody down South

you can also buy a flare tool from a farm place like fleet farm or farm and fleet, they are about 15 bucks, 5 bucks for the line bender and about 15-20 bucks for 25 ft of coiled up line at vato zone, then a couple fittings, total around 50 bucks, then you have some extra line to replace the front lines if needed

I don't want to make the lines... I'm not an idiot, I know how to fix and do almost anything to cars... If you don't live somewhere rust free and can't go pull me some lines I don't want to hear it! :D

I don't want to make the lines... I'm not an idiot, I know how to fix and do almost anything to cars... If you don't live somewhere rust free and can't go pull me some lines I don't want to hear it! :D

You are making yourself sound like an idiot

My offer still stands, as I stated earlier. But, I do have to ask, if you are so knowledgeable, and I do not doubt your abilities, then why do you insist on not making your own? Especially with the low cost to make and the short time it would take to make them, and the ability to do it now.:confused:

You are making yourself sound like an idiot

Luke... this is a non paying job for my parents, I don't want to waste my time making crap I could just have them pay for... I don't have any tools for making lines and don't want to buy them because if I'm going to buy the tools I'm going to buy a hydraulic flaring tool and a high quality bender which will run ~$450... If you don't know all the information pertaining to the situation then you will be the one who sounds like an idiot...

My offer still stands, as I stated earlier. But, I do have to ask, if you are so knowledgeable, and I do not doubt your abilities, then why do you insist on not making your own? Especially with the low cost to make and the short time it would take to make them, and the ability to do it now.:confused:

Just answered that question... I have paying jobs and I have jobs that are skill building and interesting... this is neither, I'd rather just pay for lines.

Luke... this is a non paying job for my parents, I don't want to waste my time making crap I could just have them pay for... I don't have any tools for making lines and don't want to buy them because if I'm going to buy the tools I'm going to buy a hydraulic flaring tool and a high quality bender which will run ~$450... If you don't know all the information pertaining to the situation then you will be the one who sounds like an idiot...

so doing a $25 brake line job is a waste of time like I said buy a
line with the correct fitting on one end then on the other use a
compression fitting on the other you could have done the job in
15min and had to buy no tools so how do i sound like an idiot
just so you know you are not the only one on here who works on cars

if any nube came on here with what you are saying all the regulars would be
all over you ass about not listing and that you shouldn't be working on cars

I would never use a compression fitting on a brake line... don't trust em for something as important as stopping.

Also buying just the fittings I needs is $40, $40 in line, $25 in tools + my time...

I honestly have no idea how this turned into an argument...

o and also you can rent the flare tools for free at autozone right down the road from you

I’ve got a flaring tool and I think I might even have a tube bender. I bought them when I did the brake lines in my 93 F-150. There not the expensive ones but there yours to use if you don’t have any luck finding OEM one's.

Buy the rust free lines if someone will ship then to you.
Making lines is a total PITA.

Its a no brainier.
I have made lines for rusty trucks/cars. It sucks ass.

I just have to chme in and agree with ford nut, and KK for his reasoning. I would do the same.

As for compression fittings on brake lines, never ever. That is redneck IMHO. If you are going to do a job do it right the first time.

To hunter what is so hard about making brake lines
And you are right compression fitting would only be in an emergency
Or if you refuse to make flare ends

I checked here in PCB and no luck, when all else fails check with http://www.greensalescompany.com/ they specialize in all obsolete ford parts out of Ohio, I've had good luck with them. They buy all obsolete parts from ford dealers and manufacture some also. Quick fact, the owner bought 8 train cars full of parts from an out of bussiness dealer for $15,000.00 , without looking at it, once he got it all back to Ohio, one train car was full of original 427's, so one motor paid for 8 train cars.

Quick fact, the owner bought 8 train cars full of parts from an out of bussiness dealer for $15,000.00 , without looking at it, once he got it all back to Ohio, one train car was full of original 427's, so one motor paid for 8 train cars.

:eek:

I just have to chme in and agree with ford nut, and KK for his reasoning. I would do the same.

As for compression fittings on brake lines, never ever. That is redneck IMHO. If you are going to do a job do it right the first time.

I agree 100%

Compression fittings leak..... bad idea even in a pinch IMHO.

Most Brake lines have a double flare. Line pressure can be up to 1000 psi.

You need the right flare to make it work without a leak.
It sucks....it can be done but anyone who says its a snap to do is sadly mistaken.

Used rust free stock lines are the best option.
A rust free truck is better yet!!!!

slowmkviii, I never did say it is hard to make lines did I? KK said he did not want to make them period who are we to second guess or decide that he should make them. He has his reasons.

I had a brake line fail on my truck last year, thank god it was like a half mile home and it was the rear line feeding the flex to the diff. I did manage to replace it with a premade from the auto parts store but man was it a pain to try and bend it without kinking it. Just one bend was a biotch to do as it was a tight 90 right at the fitting. If I had a factory one I would have been done in 10 minutes. Even premade it took close to two hours.

Did anyone ever solve your problem? if not i can call around on fri pick them up on sat and ship. I would think they would ship them for you but i do not mind doing it. i concur fuGk bending lines it sucks.

edit: pm sent

Members online

No members online now.
Back