Need Help from somebody down South

kustomizingkid

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The brake lines in my F150 all rusted out, and Ford no longer sells them, and I don't have any of the tools to make the lines... would any member who lives south in the rust free zone be able to make a junkyard run and pull me some lines?

Its a 97 F150, disk front brakes and drum rear. I need the lines that run on the back axle, and the line that runs from the master cylinder to the drivers front caliper, and the line running from the drivers front to the passenger front.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

It really doesn't matter where you live as long as you can find rust free stuff... its just not a reality up here... stuff is all rotten.

ok, im going up to brandywine today ill let you know if i find a nice set.

Well NASCAR is on now and no work during this, and tomorrow I am off with the wife and Tuesday I am off by myself, so that is when I can do it. Let me know and If I need to get them for you I can overnight them to you if needed.

97 was the first year of the new body style. But the rear end stayed the same, the front may not since they cahnged the frontend parts then.

97 was the first year... now I know they changed the brakes at some point... I just don't know of the top of my head.

The truck has to be a 97+

I think 97-99 will work...

I wasn't sure but I seen that truck the other night and remembered it when you said something. I don't live close to it but I'm sure everything on it would be rust free. Since he's parting and it sets high enough for him to get to, he might hook you up fairly cheap and ship it.

You know you can get straight line from any auto parts store
The stuff is easy to bend by hand I also have a cheep tube Bender if you need

You know you can get straight line from any auto parts store
The stuff is easy to bend by hand I also have a cheep tube Bender if you need

Great idea, line is cheap and the little medal hand bender is only like 5 bucks, it is what I use when needed. Just need to flare and fit with male fittings for the proportioning valve on the rear axle.

way cheaper to buy straight line from the auto parts store, shipping long brake lines would be such a waste of money.

they had a 96 F 150. and a 99 F 350.... only ones i could find at this junk yard. and they had 1 98... but all that was left was the body.....

sorry, ill keep my eyes open

Straight lines would be great if they sold them with the proper ends... but they don't.

The 97 F150 uses lines with different ends on each end of the line, and I'md not ging to cobble together two lines to make it work... I'd rather just get some good proper OEM lines and be done with it.

:q:q:q:q MN.

Great idea, line is cheap and the little medal hand bender is only like 5 bucks, it is what I use when needed. Just need to flare and fit with male fittings for the proportioning valve on the rear axle.

Don`t need a bender. An old spring can be slipped over the line and a nice kink free bend can be made by hand.

you can also buy a flare tool from a farm place like fleet farm or farm and fleet, they are about 15 bucks, 5 bucks for the line bender and about 15-20 bucks for 25 ft of coiled up line at vato zone, then a couple fittings, total around 50 bucks, then you have some extra line to replace the front lines if needed

Members online

Back