Need help bringing my new mark viii alive

It was older like 79, I doubt it would work on any Merc 1990 up.

Fixed that for ya, you must have bumped your head.

Lol..i just like the LS engine..its well built, strong even in stock form and can take alot of abuse..and responds well to basic bolt ons. Not to mention they're plentiful.

Lol..i just like the LS engine..its well built, strong even in stock form and can take alot of abuse..and responds well to basic bolt ons. Not to mention they're plentiful.
The LT1's in the 94-96 B-Body's are great engines as well, they last forever and gave out pretty healthy numbers for back then, 260HP and 330 Lb FT of torque. You should see the monstrous burnouts them stock B-Body's can do.

Shared the Fleetwood one a while ago, but both these are stock!
[video=youtube;izY1xoHHUv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izY1xoHHUv8[/video][video=youtube;7pCSF-6AJyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCSF-6AJyA[/video]

You can do the same thing with just about rwd v8. Not impressed. I could do the same thing with my stock mark but im not stupid enough.
Yes, but what makes this funny is the fact that Town Cars and other cars like this weren't built for power or speed, could you imagine the 80 and 90 year old women these cars sold new to doing this. LOL Think if some kids in their crap box ricers trying to show off and all the sudden some grandma in her huge ass Buick rolls up and smokes them out. Don't tell you wouldn't laugh! ;)

In 1992 I had just gotten a brand new Eclipse (non-turbo) 5spd with 135 amazing HP. My brother was driving our grandfather's 91 Town Car with the all-new modular 4.6 as we reached a redlight. As a total laugh I revved up at him and he revved back. I thought it would be an easy win. When the light turned green all I saw was a Town Car disappearing ahead of me. It was a total beatdown. As I became more car-savvy I learned not to take the big boats lightly :D

Since then I've owned far-faster Eclipses (12-sec quarter mile) -- and far-faster Panther vehicles than that 91 too, but I never forgot the shellacking I took 22 years ago!

In 1992 I had just gotten a brand new Eclipse (non-turbo) 5spd with 135 amazing HP. My brother was driving our grandfather's 91 Town Car with the all-new modular 4.6 as we reached a redlight. As a total laugh I revved up at him and he revved back. I thought it would be an easy win. When the light turned green all I saw was a Town Car disappearing ahead of me. It was a total beatdown. As I became more car-savvy I learned not to take the big boats lightly :D

Since then I've owned far-faster Eclipses (12-sec quarter mile) -- and far-faster Panther vehicles than that 91 too, but I never forgot the shellacking I took 22 years ago!
Oh yeah, even those not so floaty boaty Conti's and Deville's are faster than they look, judging by your sig pic im sure you know, I can't speak for the Continental, but I do know about them Deville's, let's say jumping on the freeway can be quite fun, they almost encourage you to get on it.

alright new issue. first couldnt get no lights power anything. disconnected wires to alt and i have lights and chimes. go to crank and starter just clicks. put new alt on and lights and everything good but still clicks and barely turns over one tooth at a time on starter. can see belt move slightly each click. tried to plug Scanner into obd2 port and scanner does not even recognize the pcm. any thoughts?

alright new issue. first couldnt get no lights power anything. disconnected wires to alt and i have lights and chimes. go to crank and starter just clicks. put new alt on and lights and everything good but still clicks and barely turns over one tooth at a time on starter. can see belt move slightly each click. tried to plug Scanner into obd2 port and scanner does not even recognize the pcm. any thoughts?

Sounds like your battery might just be low on juice, either that or you starter is dying and sucking your batter down.

If i ever have engine trouble and have to pull it..it is not going back in. Ill pay a shop to retrofit a GM gen III small block into it. Its been done on a thunderbird before so i know its possible.

:eek: I...I...I just don't know how to respond to this...Heresy!...Sacriligde!!! :lol:

saw someone who had a Chevy 350 in their Mercedes.

If things go according to plan, in the next couple of months I may find myself in possession of a 1986 Mercedes 280SL with a locked up engine. My plan is to remove the Merc engine and install the 4.6 DOHC and 4R70W from the '97 LSC. Could be an interesting project. Hopefully.

Could be just a weak battery or bad starter, but I would drop the belt down from the alternator, and check all the pulleys by hand, and make sure something is not locked up. The ac comp bearing pulley would be the most likely. The starter can't overcome a locked comp bearing. I once bought a 97 for $400 because the guy thought the engine was locked up. It was the ac bearing locked up.

take the battery out and take to advance auto they can check and charge for free. do the cheap easy stuff first!

alright took valve cover off and the secondary timing chain on driver side is really loose. tensioner went bad? has anyone else had this issue before?

yes, chains jump occasionally.
this is an interference engine.
so did the valves put a hole in any of the pistons?

Members online

No members online now.
Back