need advice on a '00 LS

defflepp1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
yesterday i went to look at a 2000 LS V6 5 speed. fully loaded, sunroof, leather, power tilt/telescope steering all the bells and whistles. it has 122,000 miles in very good condition. the only thing i have a concern about is what sounds like a lot of valve noise. when is running there is a constant ticking noise that gets faster as the engine gets faster. so my question is, is that normal? is that something i should be really concerned about? and by the way there asking 4995 for it. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

yesterday i went to look at a 2000 LS V6 5 speed. fully loaded, sunroof, leather, power tilt/telescope steering all the bells and whistles. it has 122,000 miles in very good condition. the only thing i have a concern about is what sounds like a lot of valve noise. when is running there is a constant ticking noise that gets faster as the engine gets faster. so my question is, is that normal? is that something i should be really concerned about? and by the way there asking 4995 for it. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is the AC on? Mine "ticks" when the AC is on.

Run away as fast as you can. That is way too much for what it is. Shop around more.

Truly loaded (except for the moonroof, the features you listed are standard) 2006s with navigation can be had for less than twice that price. I would pass too.

Test drive a gen I, and then test drive a gen II. I found the difference to be huge. You may also want to compare a V6 to a V8. There's less difference there, but the V8 only costs you 1 MPG.

No but you can get a gen II with a V8 and sst.

its not a true stick but you arent restricted to a 10 year old vehicle.

There are no GEN II 5 speeds. I think that is what he is looking for here.

To be factual, ALL LSes are 5-speeds. The manual 5-speeds were limited to MYs 2000-2002. IIRC, less than 2000 manuals were manufactured.

dont buy it ls's r junk! i cant wait to sell mine, i love the car but i Hate it!

dont buy it ls's r junk! i cant wait to sell mine, i love the car but i Hate it!

Quit sharing your stupid sh!t on this site! If you don't like the damn car, sell the SOB and go buy yourself a pedal bike! Then you would get awesome 'gas mileage' and dependability..

Every Car is different,especially being that you are buying a car that is 10 years old and has 122k miles. You never know how the person before you treated the car. If You are good with cars take a look at it or take it to a mechanic. see if you can get it on a lift also. i seen a lot of post about coil packs. My first one went out at 138k miles. I had 2 Window regulators go out since i owned it at 70k miles. other thn that i had no issues on my 2000 ls v6. Yes there are common problems that happen with every car. Searching through this site you might notice coils and driver side window motors. I like the car personally, the only thing im not a fan is of the way it depreciates . your lucky to get it at the lower levels. i bout mine for 10k back in 06...

The manual trans LSs are a completely different market from the autos. You can't compare prices between manuals and autos. Nice manuals are hard to find and the asking prices can seem ridiculous when you compare them to autos.

A ticking noise from the injectors is normal and is speed dependant. There may also be some normal valve train noise. The magnitude of the noise is the question and can't be addressed here.

Compared to the V8s, the v6s are bulletproof.

Quit sharing your stupid sh!t on this site! If you don't like the damn car, sell the SOB and go buy yourself a pedal bike! Then you would get awesome 'gas mileage' and dependability..

who gives a f about gas mileage? the dude asked a ? and i gave him my advice the car is completley junk bro and u know it. dont get all shi**y w me cuz u r in love w ur Ls chill out.

I would shop around. I bought my '02 V6 last year for $4500 with 97,xxx miles on it and I thought that was pricey but I needed a car since my transmission went in my other car and it was sexy and I had the cash lmao, so I couldn't really shop around but I'm happy.

lol dam dude u love prius,no thank you ill get my chevy silverado

who gives a f about gas mileage? the dude asked a ? and i gave him my advice the car is completley junk bro and u know it. dont get all shi**y w me cuz u r in love w ur Ls chill out.

No i hate them you just keep talking trash about the LS.

If youre LS is a lemon dont spread that hate around here. Set it on fire and buy something else.

If youre LS is a lemon dont spread that hate around here. Set it on fire and buy something else.[/QUOT

sorry bro but that cars pissn me off, i rather tell people thats its a pos then let them go buy one and find out for theirselves and waste thousands of $ like im doing right now. ok so dont take it offensive. and its not just my Ls its 90% of them and everyone on here knows it, besides fewlucky ones that had no probs. why u think they discontinued them? lol

If youre LS is a lemon dont spread that hate around here. Set it on fire and buy something else.[/QUOT

sorry bro but that cars pissn me off, i rather tell people thats its a pos then let them go buy one and find out for theirselves and waste thousands of $ like im doing right now. ok so dont take it offensive. and its not just my Ls its 90% of them and everyone on here knows it, besides fewlucky ones that had no probs. why u think they discontinued them? lol

It seems like if 90% of LSes were lemons, one of my two would be, but neither has been. Nor has my co-worker's LS. I also don't recall any lemon law cases applied against the LS. I do agree that some seem to be lemons, but I think that the percentage is quite small.

The majority of the problems with the LS are the same and documented.

Yes its costs money to fix but at least you know what needs to be done to fix it.

Members online

Back