My Progress ......Custom WILWOOD BBK

LS_Monk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got by Rotors, Calipers and 1 Rotor Hat. I have already modified the rotor hat to fit. Now I have to do some cutting on the knuckle to make the rotor fit. More Pics to come.

4 Pistion Norrow Mount DynoLite Calipers
12.90 Cast Iron Slotted and Drilled Rotors
Custom Drilled Rotor hat

IMG00028-20110521-1739.jpg

IMG00031-20110522-1601.jpg

IMG00042-20110712-1844.jpg

IMG00044-20110712-1844.jpg

Nice work! I'd be interested in knowing roughly how much this setup would cost?

It looks way better than the stock setup :rolleyes:

Prices are after 13% TAX and in Canadian funds

1 Rotor after 300
1 Rotor Hat after 13% tax 200
1 4 Piston DynoLite Narrow Lug Mount Caliper 180.8

They are giving me all the parts same price as Summit pretty much only real difference is the damn tax

So all in all I would guess and say 1400ish plus I have to drill my bolt pattern and open up the center bore .500 in diameter in the Hat. Also Custom make a bracket to fit.

looks awesome, I'm just iffy on cutting away at my knuckles. Its great to see someone trying new things, I wish theres at least some aftermarket for these cars.

Now I have to do some cutting on the knuckle to make the rotor fit.

Be very careful. Those parts are cast aluminum and it would be catastrophic if you hit a void in the casting.

Nice work.
What's up with the pics, dirty camera lense?

Sorry camera lens is just crappy MIKE Blackberry Phone.
I have to wack a little more off my rotor hat to adjust my rotor depth. Hopefully get a little closer tomorrow. That way I can hopefully only trim one dust cover ear off the knuckle to make the rotor fit.

I'm very interested in your project. Is there a reason you didn't go with a larger rotor? I'd think that with aftermarket wheels, it'd be possible to go to a 14" or more diameter.

KS

I'm very interested in your project. Is there a reason you didn't go with a larger rotor? I'd think that with aftermarket wheels, it'd be possible to go to a 14" or more diameter.

KS

I still wanted to store my car on the stock 17`s in the winter time and put my rims in the house. That why I didnt go with another persons set-up of 14`s with the 6pot

Another option is to contact Todd at TCE Performance, he has adapters and deals in Wilwood products. No modification required as far as cutting etc goes. Mine were a little more than the price quoted earlier in this thread but not a lot more (front) and I got 14" rotors and 6 piston calipers. I have also done the rears (13" w/Parking brake caliper) and Todd can address this too. FYI. I have pics if anyone's interested.

And no, stock wheels are not an option with this BBK set up. Probably not ideal for a northern clime car unless you store it for the winters.

Last edited:
Getting the bracket welded today. Both wheels fit, the Avarus AV3 19" and stock 17" very little clearance but THEY fit! One thing nice with custom and can do whatever YOU want. Hopefully done by Monday of next week! Will take a picture of the bracket once its painted.

wilwood and stock rims.jpg

Wilwood with stock rims.jpg

Wilwoood Lincoln LS Avarus.jpg

Wilwoood Lincoln LS Avarus2.jpg

wilwood lincoln ls in motion.jpg

This is the bracket that I made to mount the wilwood caliper. Only part modified on the knuckle was I had to cut 1 ear off for the dust shield and I tapped the original holes with 14mm-20.

wilwood bracket 1.jpg

wilwood bracket 2.jpg

wilwood bracket 3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back