My new shop.

Congrats man...I missed this thread as I only frequent the mark viii part of this site...very stoked for you to get it up and running...

Good luck and best wishes

congratulations, i cant wait for it to open, you deserve much success...

Definitely not pay and play, looks like a fixer upper to be sure. Roomy though and looks like there's little you couldn't do there. Visualize it cleaned up and completed and you'll get there. Everyone seems to know you and by the post count I see why, however some of us don't, where is Dawson?

Personally, I like the Bimmer. Sweet one that. Can't stand the 7 series redesigns that came after the one you have...

I'd like a pic to add to my Bimmer folder, got some good sized ones you don't mind sharing?

Last edited:
Damnit. I actually love my new truck. :bang: Traded the 1988 Jeep Comanche with 289k miles straight up for this 1996 Silverado with 139k on it.

2-9.jpg

1-10.jpg

Truck is really clean. Has a couple more issues then I was told. (of course) Knew the AC didnt work and the drivers door handle inside was broken. Turns out the brake booster is bad. No brakes no brakes no brakes TOO much brakes! :rlaugh: Also it has glasspacks and they suck. Also has a spuradic air bag light but pretty sure its the MFC.

Other then that she drives excellent and has no dents or tears. AC now blows at 28* :D

Those with keen eyes will notice the Mustang GT and Lincoln LS in my shop. I was toying with the idea of getting an LS but after working on one..... no freakin way. Took 8 hours to do the oil pan on this V6. The V8 model books 17 hours for the same job. But looking at placement of engine components and electronics has really turned me off. Nice suspension design and brakes are good for the cars size but everything else.... yuck. Rubber driveshaft coupler, reversed water pump, innacessable coil pacs on the passenger side, alt placement etc etc. Do not want.

I was toying with the idea of getting an LS but after working on one..... no freakin way. Took 8 hours to do the oil pan on this V6. The V8 model books 17 hours for the same job. But looking at placement of engine components and electronics has really turned me off. Nice suspension design and brakes are good for the cars size but everything else.... yuck. Rubber driveshaft coupler, reversed water pump, innacessable coil pacs on the passenger side, alt placement etc etc. Do not want.

Gen 2 V8 oil pan is a straight shot, and the coils are easy to do as well. As for the other complaints...yes. :shifty:

That is an early production 96 as it has the 95 dash in it. Watch out for the seat track frame breaking the seat bottom. Just make sure the bolts from the track to the seat are always tight as they come loose alot and then cause the seat bottom to crack and then break. Ask me how I know:D

Those with keen eyes will notice the Mustang GT and Lincoln LS in my shop. I was toying with the idea of getting an LS but after working on one..... no freakin way. Took 8 hours to do the oil pan on this V6. The V8 model books 17 hours for the same job. But looking at placement of engine components and electronics has really turned me off. Nice suspension design and brakes are good for the cars size but everything else.... yuck. Rubber driveshaft coupler, reversed water pump, innacessable coil pacs on the passenger side, alt placement etc etc. Do not want.

Again thats a gen I V6 and way different than an 06. The brakes should be good, they are two piston up front and advancetrac.

The ALT's dont really fail like that, havent seen anyone post about replacing the oil pan either. Coils/plugs are easy on the V8. Epic suspension design love how smooth it rides for not being air ride.

Again thats a gen I V6 and way different than an 06. The brakes should be good, they are two piston up front and advancetrac.

The ALT's dont really fail like that, havent seen anyone post about replacing the oil pan either. Coils/plugs are easy on the V8. Epic suspension design love how smooth it rides for not being air ride.
Meh, still turned me off. The other thing is this car was at 79k miles and just had $2000 worth of work done and it still needed every single suspension component replaced. Every single ball joint and tie rod was bad and 3/4 of the control arm bushings were bad and this is a well cared for low mile one owner car.

Its an ok car just not really for me.

Thats odd. Lots of LS's on original suspension well past 100K with no issues.

But that was also a 10 year old car as well. I dont know but we love them especially with mods.

Thats odd. Lots of LS's on original suspension well past 100K with no issues.

But that was also a 10 year old car as well. I dont know but we love them especially with mods.

Because one mans junk is another mans treasure ...lol

Hey Laser! Can I come visit your shop? This looks like a great stop off on the way to Vegas.

Best of luck to you with the shop. I as well have lots of mark VIII work you could do for me.Took My Pilot training in Texas lots of good memories. Worked at the drag strips at san antonio and green valley long ago [1963]. if my frustration with Mark Projects gets to be too much Ill be putting one on the trailer and heading you way. Im about 1300 from fort worth. Angelos BBQ by the stockyards gives me extra incentive. we wish you well. George Eisenhart

Members online

No members online now.
Back