My new beast.

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well picked I up a real nice boost wagon last week, more pics to come. 1986 35k original miles. 550hp.

gn5.jpg

gn1.jpg

gn2.jpg

gn3.jpg

Nice car man! My buddy has a Regal Turbo T with 23psi of boost so I know how scary fast those cars are.

I didn't start the video in time because things happened all too fast but here is coming back from getting race gas. At the beginning of the short video I am recording in the passenger seat and he is in the boost pulling away from a guy on a bike before he had to let off because of a car in front of him. The week before, we put the screws to a big block Plymouth Barracuda with a very lopey cam. I am amazed what these V6 cars do with boost.

Buick T Type - YouTube

Here is just tooling around on street tires which have no chance. LOL

Buick T Type fun - YouTube

Buick Regal Turbo - YouTube

All this and the car wasn't even running at its optimum. He's at the drawing boards with the car right now. He bought it for $5500 and the previous owner ran an 11.1 in the car on the brakes.

I live near a chassis fab shop, and they have a regular customer who has a nice GN.... runs in some sort of stock appearing class, where you have to have factory a/c and power steering and all that. The car has a well hidden cage, 12bolt in the rear and a nasty motor and nasty turbo setup and runs like low 8's or something and is a total streetcar. If it weren't for the Billet Specialty wheels you wouldnt know it was a race car just sitting there...... well, besides the 'chute too. Lol

Nice piece man and great price, geeeeeeezzzz $5500???

Yup! Although I will say that is why he is at the drawing boards. LOL The car is hacked up pretty good and things need to be cleaned up and re-done. Although there is no rust anywhere on the car, the paint was pretty cheaply done. The car is fast but has issues. He was puffing white smoke shortly after we got back with the car that 2nd week because of a head gasket issue. I haven't talked to him in quite some time, but I think he may have started lifting the heads under heavy boost. Once it is all done right, it should be a pretty mean machine. These cars with some aggressive boost will pretty much wax the crap out of most cars on the road. On street tires, this seriously was the first car that I have ever rode in where I feared for my life. That thing gets crazy light when the boost kicks in and it broke the tires loose at 60mph on the freeway. Needless to say, that didn't last long. He bought a set of drag slicks for the car just to run it on the street because on street tires there is absolutely no point. LOL

Have fun with it and stay alive. These cars could easily kill a man. LOL

Damn those are cool cars. Looks real good with the blacked out lights, any plans for it?

Now why would you want one of those .. LOL ....

Very nice ...

LOL Thanks Guys, Rich I used to work at Turbo Tune back in 1990-95 and this is all we did all day 5 days a week as Turbo Regals. This is my 7th Turbo G Body now, first one in 16 years. LOVE these cars. No real plans the intent was to mega detail and sell but the deeper I get into this car and how rock solid it is I don't know yet? It already has a TON of work done and runs 11's.

Chit, these cars hauled ass in their day right off of the assembly line. Didn't they run like 13.6s bone stock?

Looks great Geno. I need to pull mine out of the shop and beat on it a little. Heck I don't think I have driven it in a year...Have fun with it if you decide to hang on to it.

-Alan

I have always loved the GN's....almost bought a T-Type a looong time ago, and had a chance at a GN also many years ago but didnt have the money at he time. I really wish I would have just borrowed the money .

Sweet GN.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back