My look like 2003 dash

Alexbougie

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
that my new dash

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

So, how did you mask the indicator lights on the climate control and what color/type/brand paint did you use?

Looks very nice!!!

I use dupli-color Ford Sliver frost, for indicator light on climate controlI paint over and after I remove paint for it with an Exacto

Is that the same as the code TS? I dont see any metallic in it. When I painted my surround and grille I was referred to that color by a guy at Napa but I was weary do to it not saying metallic even though according to his computer it was the proper match for the code TS.

Loks damn good BTW!

have you considered using the stainless appliance paints?.

So, how did you mask the indicator lights on the climate control and what color/type/brand paint did you use?

Looks very nice!!!

Im not sure if he removed them but since they are raised and have the gap its actually rather easy to tape it and stick the blade in and make the cut.

I use dupli-color Ford Sliver frost, for indicator light on climate controlI paint over and after I remove paint for it with an Exacto

I'd like to find the satin nickle color of the stock 03-06.

Im not sure if he removed them but since they are raised and have the gap its actually rather easy to tape it and stick the blade in and make the cut.

Why waste alot of time and effort to tape off all the buttons when they are easily removed, and as for the indicators it makes no sense to paint over them only to have to scratch the paint back off. The indicators are clear plastic lenses(not LED's) that are easily pushed out. Seems like he was in a hurry and forgot to tape off the top fin on the pass vent, I hope he sanded down the parts & wiped them down w/thinner before painting.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3322744

Why waste alot of time and effort to tape off all the buttons when they are easily removed, and as for the indicators it makes no sense to paint over them only to have to scratch the paint back off. The indicators are clear plastic lenses(not LED's) that are easily pushed out.

OK, I got the indicators removed. What did you use to remove the buttons? I tried with a jeweler's screwdriver and the blade is too fat.

OK, I got the indicators removed. What did you use to remove the buttons? I tried with a jeweler's screwdriver and the blade is too fat.

I did mine back in 03 so IIRC I used a set of small blade screwdrivers that are usually used for repairing electronics(radio's,CD changers,nav units) You need (2) screwdrivers, the buttons are VERY thin plastic and have a little window cut outs on each side that slides over the inner plastic piece tabs. You need to slide the screwdrivers between the two plastic pieces on both sides before trying to remove the button face. If you try removing one side at a time it puts too much strain on the window and it will crack. I have my original black face unit somewhere in the garage, if I get some time tomorrow I'll dig it out & take a pic of the buttons removed.

That looks pretty good. I'm thinking about changing from balck to silver in the spring.

Here's some pic's of the buttons & screwdriver's:
The main thing is to take your time! Do not push the screwdrivers in with alot of force as you will shear off the plastic tab. Slide them in easy and twist slightly to pop the outer button off the tab.

Here's some pic's of the buttons & screwdriver's:
The main thing is to take your time! Do not push the screwdrivers in with alot of force as you will shear off the plastic tab. Slide them in easy and twist slightly to pop the outer button off the tab.

Thanks. Those are the screwdrivers I have. I will have to look for the smallest ones......

Members online

No members online now.
Back