My first Mark VIII Project

Gents.

16F37335-8E46-469A-832F-B3BA019D5E02.jpeg

I finally picked some switch bezels off of a freshly junked Mark. They're black but the dye I have is great and came out looking practically flawless.

Finally the driver door is buttoned up and complete. The passenger door needs the whole cleaning and rebuild process. I like to grease the windows while I'm in there as well.

I had an intermittent blower motor that happened to go out on one of the hottest days this year. As soon as I got home it started working. Then a few days ago it was not coming on at all after work. I noticed that in both instances it had rained shortly before this problem and that there was a trace of water inside the cover panel for the compartment under the glove box.

I found out about how water drips right into the fresh air intake. Good to know. I sealed it with closed-cell insulation foam in place of the original foam. I used a slightly longer piece because why not?

I then removed my blower motor resistor, which is not like the old ones that just used coiled wires. This one seems to be covered with surface-mount components and what look like transistors. It was covered in corrosion and I thought it would be done for. I used alcohol and a toothbrush and thoroughly rinsed it as best I could to remove every trace of water and some oily substance. What do ya know, it works in every fan speed again.

E48EE800-7C37-4A64-AF31-83BADA1D2DD1.jpeg

I'm putting this project on the back burner. This car doesn't ride like a Lincoln should and my back is paying for it. I feel such a great relief when I take the Town Car out now *phew*

Great work dude. You deserve a break for sure.

Gonna keep that trick in mind with the blower motor resistor. It may come in handy for me.

Got pictures of my door panel. I don’t know what my next step is going to be, I’m kind of split between a lot of different priorities.

I have been driving in three-days of constant downpours and not one drop has made it to my carpet. So far my repair seems to be working. I just used some household door/window peel-and-stick insulation. I adhered it to the bottom edge of the windshield glass under the vent cowl.

I now have heat as well. I picked up a gray blend door lever from the junk yard and was able to work it in without breaking or removing anything further than dropping the glovebox. Phew that’s refreshing!

B594913D-769B-4EE7-8880-B8C281078253.jpeg

I posted a new thread asking for help slivering the reflectors for the head and tail lamps. This is what I’m driving right now

886905E9-7E4F-4C9D-A4A0-0FA227A5EC4F.jpeg

My plans are as follows:

1. Install MVH-1400NEX double DIN head unit. MAYBE a backup camera as well.

2. Replace torn headliner.

3. Install remote start, with a push-button starter in place of the key cylinder.

4. Upgrade to dual crossover exhaust with Magnaflow mild mufflers.

5. Polish headlights and CNC fabricate an adapter for 9006 HID bulbs.

I love all the things you are doing to your Mark VIII already. I was wondering if you had the opportunity to Install remote start, with a push-button starter in place of the key cylinder? I am very interested in installing a push-button starter in place of the key cylinder and wanted to touch base on even tips you may have.

Members online

Back