My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got it done today, cost me an arm and a leg, but I have to admit the guy does amazing work.

I ended up not doing my cats (again!), seemed like too much work and it would be too expensive. Ill have to figure something else out

I did 2.5" piping from the cats back, 2.5" magnaflow x-pipe (#10791), bassani mufflers (#4820) and 4" Magnaflow tips (#35121)

Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome. I don't think i quite got the same sound as Alex and NYC_LS8 did, not sure why, but i like them 100x more than my magnaflows.

Some pics:
12a99997.jpg

f32ed047.jpg

Quick Teaser Video w/ iPhone:
th_4b73499c.jpg

I forgot to tell the guy to turn off Advantrac so you can hear it kick in when he pulls out.

As Alex has mentioned before videos don't do them justice. You need to hear them in person to truly appreciate the sound. I plan to wash her up tomorrow and get some HD videos up for you guys.

Sounds similar to mine. Might be the camera, but again, they do sound a little different in person.

Give it a few days and report back on the sound and how you like it :cool:

Sounds good mlara1129, bassani mufflers are most likely the ones im going with if I can ever get a gen 1 LSE rear valance.

It may sound a little different than mine did because the mufflers need to break in a bit. Like Alax said, give them a few days and then let us know. Even still sounds pretty damn close. Hard to tell from just that clip, though.

I know you'll like them a lot when they do get some miles on them. :)

Car is going to sound great. Any thoughts of having to exhaust tips powdercoated black before you put them on?

Sounds great man !!!

Check the bottom of your passenger side tail, in the vid, he drags it as he joins the roadway.

Sounds similar to mine. Might be the camera, but again, they do sound a little different in person.

Give it a few days and report back on the sound and how you like it :cool:
I'll do that, and it was my iphone so not the best quality.

Sounds good mlara1129, bassani mufflers are most likely the ones im going with if I can ever get a gen 1 LSE rear valance.
Dude just do the bumper cut outs yourself, they look great if properly done.

It may sound a little different than mine did because the mufflers need to break in a bit. Like Alax said, give them a few days and then let us know. Even still sounds pretty damn close. Hard to tell from just that clip, though.

I know you'll like them a lot when they do get some miles on them. :)
I hope thats the case. I will have more/better videos up, hopefully today didn't get a chance to whip out the camcorder yesterday.

and I mean I liken then A LOT now lol maybe ill be in love once they break in more then :D

BY THE WAY, i'm going to steal your Sig idea :)

Car is going to sound great. Any thoughts of having to exhaust tips powdercoated black before you put them on?
hehe i think you missed the video, they're already on LOL...better videos are on their way.

Sounds great man !!!

Check the bottom of your passenger side tail, in the vid, he drags it as he joins the roadway.

Thanks dude. I think he just missed it lol i checked and there is no damage, thank god.

WOW, sounds great so far. Looking forward to HD goodness :)

That's not cheap at all lol.

yeah, buts its better than the 750 for a magnaflow set up, sounds good. I want to hear the bassani's in person

I saw the video. I was asking since everything else is blacked out on your car. I think they would have looked super slick in black.

damn sounds good.

everytime i see a video of these good lookin and sounding LS i want one more and more.

I saw the video. I was asking since everything else is blacked out on your car. I think they would have looked super slick in black.
ooh...maybe ill consider it in the future, but for now i like the polished look. And my black on white combo is not entirely by choice, I would kill for a set of silver barcelonas LOL

damn sounds good.

everytime i see a video of these good lookin and sounding LS i want one more and more.

Thanks man, you should definitely own one at some point if you get a chance.

Subscribed for more videos :)

This makes me want to redo my exhaust.

Glad to see you finally got it done. Kasey is the best at what he does. If you wind up changing the cats that will change the sound more.

Yup no complaints at all, the guy is a master.

I definitely want to change out my cats, i would be shocked if they sustained no damage after driving with misfires for so long, maybe ill go with those cheap thunderbolt ones. I talked to Kasey about my cats and he thought they were fine because i had no CELs, but then again he might not be too familiar with the LS

Cool! Looks great, I like the fit and how they mounted the mufflers horizontal so they tuck in there. Well done. Congrats!

thanks again guys...

by the way Soop, i have to go ship out my stock bumper today and can find out shipping for you, if youre still interested.

Members online

Back