My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

SOLD !!!

I'm so getting the Bassani mufflers now instead of the Magnaflows !!!

mlara, thanks for the vid, excellent job ... truth be told, I think I pee'd a little

oh, and it's the Turbo whine you're hearing (normal) at least just tell people it's got a Turbo.

Good job man, be proud !!!

Didn't pee. Didn't nut. Did listen though. LOL.

I still prefer the Magnaflow tone but without a doubt, it sounds really good Mlara.

you must be going super fast cause you keep disappearing

Its his Flux Capacitor. When he hits 88mph he travels thru time. Didnt you notice how fast he came back around the first trip? Duh...jeeezzz.

Awesome sound man! I noticed you dont have any resonators in your system. I am considering removing mine to see what it sound like before I buy the Bassani's.

Sounds great man. Question, if I were to buy the correct bassani mufflers would it literally just be a cut out the old ones weld in the new ones job? (dont wanna do the whole exhaust yet)

Sounds great man. Question, if I were to buy the correct bassani mufflers would it literally just be a cut out the old ones weld in the new ones job? (dont wanna do the whole exhaust yet)

Yup, as simple as that

To each his own. I have 3" Bassanis on my '63 F-100, but I prefer the Magnaflows on my LS.

KS

I just watched it again and you're NUTS if you don't like the way it sounds. Makes the LS sound incredible. :cool::D

it definitely sounds good and i like this set up much more than my magnaflows, its just not the sound i was expecting i guess...

im still happy with my decision to go with bassanis.

NYC, when you added the aero turbines did the sound of the bassani change at all? did they quiet down? last thing i want to do is have them quiet down, i feel they're right at the perfect volume.

Before I had them put in, the car was LOUD - like Mustang-ish loud. Even for the 3.9, it was way too hollow sounding for me and what I was going for. The resonators just took the raspiness out and made the car sound more 'Euro-ish'.

I wonder if maybe the mufflers I had were different? I dunno. I bought the setup off of an old member here. Even tried searching the posts of it and there was no mention of which mufflers they were.

Before I had them put in, the car was LOUD - like Mustang-ish loud. Even for the 3.9, it was way too hollow sounding for me and what I was going for. The resonators just took the raspiness out and made the car sound more 'Euro-ish'.

I wonder if maybe the mufflers I had were different? I dunno. I bought the setup off of an old member here. Even tried searching the posts of it and there was no mention of which mufflers they were.

actually from what you just said i think we may have the same mufflers lol I thought it was just me, but it def sounds mustang-ish right now. I kinda like it though.

I may look into the resonators later on.

do you remember if your set up droned before the resonators? i've never experience drone on any of the exhaust i've done so far, so im not quite sure what it is or how it sounds. Right now there like this strong...i;m not sure what to call it...vibration? at lower rpms or as soon as i start to give it gas but it goes away at higher rpms. I'm thinking this is the drone? or could it be that the exhaust is making contact with the chassis? idk It seems like its been decreasing as i drive the car more and more tho

That's drone if it's a deep bassy sound inside the car. Especially when you say it goes away in the higher RPMs. Usually happens around cruising speed or like, 2000 RPM or so. If it was hitting something it would rattle and you'd have that metal on metal sound instead. The resonators will get rid of that drone for sure. I liked that Mustangish sound for a little while, but then again, the LS isn't fast and I wasn't trying to get a lot of attention with it. lol

I'm probably wrong, but I feel like drone is just a loud exhaust so you're able to hear it inside the cabin.

When you start going above the loudness of magnaflows with resonators on, it starts to drone.

My Corsa exhaust on my 300 was loud and never droned at cruising speed/around town. Even had hi flow cats on that 6.1 and I could carry a conversation at any RPM. :D

But :q:q:q:q it was louder than :q:q:q:q on the outside :)

BTW, my Mark VIII exhaust that was no cats, center muffler and no rear mufflers had a drone that went right through you. I like loud exhaust but could not take it. You notice drone more on a incline at around 2000 rpm like Tommy mentioned. When you have it you know it, not just loud exhaust noise, this is different.

My Corsa exhaust on my 300 was loud and never droned at cruising speed/around town. Even had hi flow cats on that 6.1 and I could carry a conversation at any RPM. :D

My exhaust is loud in side the cabin with almost any rpm, it doesn't bother me though. I love the sound. I love the rumble I get. You can hear me coming from quite a ways away.

Loud can mean different things.

Ive heard some exhaust that are silent at idle but loud at wot and reverse. I would prefer i louder idle than i have now with the same tone during wot. Exhaust on these cars sounds very similar to a 6 cylinder unfortunately.

yeah mine is far from silent on idle, its not loud but you can hear it. I have only heard one v-6 in person with an exhaust and it sounded quite different, although it was a totally different set up as well.

since the topic of hi-flow cats came up, and i don't have the time to search right now...

can malfunctioning cats:

1) not throw any CELs?
2) affect exhaust sound?

@ mlara,

Just going over this thread again as I'm ready for my exhaust now.

Bassani is having a Clearance sale on their Stainless 4820 mufflers.
Regular price is $179, clearance price $89 each.

Can you confirm,

http://www.bassani.com/display_product.php?product=90&cat=36

4820 Universal Muffler Center In/Offset Out
4" X 8" X 16", 2.5 inlet and outlet.

this the one ?

thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back