My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

Got my bassanis installed on Friday. LOVE them. My buddy is a film major and has a professional grade movie camera. The mic on it is amazing so we are going to do a bit of a montage. I'm getting my eibachs installed in a week or two then we will do it.

ben-stiller-do-it-do-it-88ce5.jpg

+1

Can't wait to see the vid!

Big thanks to BigRig!

Big Rig brought to my attention that my mufflers may be mounted backwards. I hadn't paid attention to this because i didn't think the direction mattered, but i just got off the phone with Bassani and it turns out they are directional! One way flow only. The guy told me it will affect sound and performance and eventually could ruin the muffler if they'e mounted backwards.

This could explain why I didn't get the sound I wanted (like Alax7 and NYC), and also the Bassani guy said it could also cause the drone i'm experiencing.

Talked to my exhaust guy and hes going to fix it...i have a feeling i'm going to be much happier in a few days.

Anyway, for guys looking to do this make sure you pay attention to this.

Thanks again BigRig.

Just to make sure for when I purchase these :)

Center in/offset out 2.5" bassani mufflers (#4820)?? Is this the same for Gen1 -00 Ls V8?

Mllara Just watched your videos in comparison to Alax7 and Nyc and I feel you could def tell a diffrence between your set-up and theres, Wouldn't the mufflers have some kind of directional arrow for installing?

Big Rig brought to my attention that my mufflers may be mounted backwards. I hadn't paid attention to this because i didn't think the direction mattered, but i just got off the phone with Bassani and it turns out they are directional! One way flow only. The guy told me it will affect sound and performance and eventually could ruin the muffler if they'e mounted backwards.

This could explain why I didn't get the sound I wanted (like Alax7 and NYC), and also the Bassani guy said it could also cause the drone i'm experiencing.

Talked to my exhaust guy and hes going to fix it...i have a feeling i'm going to be much happier in a few days.

Anyway, for guys looking to do this make sure you pay attention to this.

Thanks again BigRig.

So that now leaves the big(rig) question,
is the 4820 now still the correct one, even if it offsets out ?

Wouldn't that mean(if it can fit a center in),
that the bumper cutouts would have to be tighter together or further apart ?

By maybe 2 - 3"

The shop will make it fit. They will just cut the pipe before the muffler to allow the offset out to fit where the cut outs are. There does need to be enough room to the inside of the mufflers so they can be pushed over some.

I'm not sure, they may even have to go vertical as apposed to horizontal install.
or the adjustment is so small, like you said, they can compensate for the differance.

Makes you wonder where others are cutting out in the bumper.

Check the orientation of your Bassani mufflers !!!
... they "are" directional flow and need to end at the rear with the offset out.

Bassani could have added a little arrow though.

Bump ... sorry !!!

I can smell them already, they are getting closer.

mlara, you ever get them turned around yet ?
sounds better ?

Stopsign, you got a vid of your new Bassani's yet ?

Can't wait to get mine on.

I did. That heache causing drone is gone. I think it sounds great and im much happier, but i honestly still cant say i got the sound Alex got.

I noticed a lot of you talking about replacing the Cats... Are you considering universal or the magnaflows made specifically for the LS? Does anyone know if the universal cats will work?

I noticed a lot of you talking about replacing the Cats... Are you considering universal or the magnaflows made specifically for the LS? Does anyone know if the universal cats will work?

Universal cats will work fine for clearing a rear O2 sensor code if the cat is the reason the code is set, but may not pass your local emissions testing if you are subject to them. They are usually not legal for use in California.

Universal cats will work fine for clearing a rear O2 sensor code if the cat is the reason the code is set, but may not pass your local emissions testing if you are subject to them. They are usually not legal for use in California.
California is not legal for use in California...

I am, but on cars with OBDII they only connect the computer and let the computer tell if it is running properly.

Ahh my favorite thread bumped to the top once again ...

Hite, PM send. thanks a ton, can't wait.
(sorry I was on the road for a couple of days)

I may have my cats replaced when I do the exhaust. Just knock it all out at one time just in case. The only reason I was wondering about the universal cats was for 2.5" piping. If I go with the Magnaflow setup, I guess it doesn't matter.

Mlara has inspired me. I'm getting this exhaust done next Friday. Already have all the parts sitting in my basement.

sounds good man.

are you in Elizabeth, NJ? I'm in Newark...like 5 mins away...can't believe we haven't met yet.

sounds good man.

are you in Elizabeth, NJ? I'm in Newark...like 5 mins away...can't believe we haven't met yet.

That's cool, your in Newark, been there before,
I do some runs in the fall, winter and spring time out that way.
crossing the GW and Throgs Neck going to the 95's.

Even Hazleton, Allentown and been to Philly several times.

We get $100USD incentive pay any time we cross the GW into Long Island.

Cool area, busy Metro.

not that scary as made out to be.

< Truth Fact: > do have both doors locked at all times. :biggrin:

I'm having trouble matching them,
I'll look again. (old tired eyes)

Members online

Back