My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

What exactly do you have now. I was trying to watch your videos to get an idea on the mags, but I'm confused on what your setup is.

I have the same setup in my videos but i changed tips. I have oem cats, aluminum pipes welded in place of the resonators, magnaflow x-pipe and magnaflow 11225's with 3.5" round outlet tips. And of course the thunderbird intake.

@ NYC LS8, thanks those look like the ones. now I can cross referance the p/n to a canadian supplier.

@ Marla, yeah, my bodyshop neighbor is taking care of some upcoming work.

4" would be too big on a gen I with cut-outs ?

i would say it depends on how big you make the cutouts.

If you're modeling if after the size of the Gen II's then 4" would be ideal...find a gen II and trace the cut outs :D

mlara,

did I just read in another thread, you are putting the resenators back on ?

"too bad my LS can't back up the sound...resonators going on soon"

can you comment on this ?
too much interior droning ?

I've had several people tell me, I will end up putting them back on later.
It's got me wondering if I should maybe not cut them out now ...

PS: thanks to Hite337, I am now the proud owner of some brand new Bassani mufflers
and they are going on this weekend or next week. can't wait.

Thanks mlara, thanks hite !!!

No resonators makes it sound very loud and Mustang-ish. The same reason mlara is putting the resonators in is the same reason I did - way too much noise for such a low powered car. Besides, it's a Lincoln and not a Mustang. With the resonators it gives it that "just right" sound.

mlara,

did I just read in another thread, you are putting the resenators back on ?

"too bad my LS can't back up the sound...resonators going on soon"

can you comment on this ?
too much interior droning ?

I've had several people tell me, I will end up putting them back on later.
It's got me wondering if I should maybe not cut them out now ...

PS: thanks to Hite337, I am now the proud owner of some brand new Bassani mufflers
and they are going on this weekend or next week. can't wait.

Thanks mlara, thanks hite !!!

Don't get me wrong I love my exhaust as it. Has a great tone, and if i had stock cats i would probably keep it as it is. However, i have high flow cats now so it made my exhaust even louder and very raspy. It actually sounds catless sometimes IMO. Has that popping crackling sound i pointed out in the XKR video.

And the other thing is not being able to back up the sound lol You'll be surprised how many people want to race because you have a loud exhaust. Spanked several hondas, acuras, vw and even turbo Saabs since i got my bassanis. All looking for a race, flashing their hazards at me among other things. (been meaning to start a thread about this)

and thats all fine and dandy until you get CTS Vs, GTOs, and last night an XFR following you around thinking you have something special under the hood. NO LIE, these guys managed to pull up next to me at the red light. Obviously wanting to race, but with my dark ass tint couldn't see my "i don't want to get spanked face." So light turns green and they gun it, leaving me in the dust. Of course i didn't go for it, i knew what i was up against...didn't want to get embarrassed specially not in front of the GF lol

Anyway i digress. I already got my aeros and they're going on soon (maybe next week). $80 shipped for a pair of polished ones :eek: Hopefully i can get a before and after resonators video up. And i'm not sure if i would recommend keeping the stock resonators. Don't know how flow and sound will be affected. If you want resonators i would prob say go for the Aeros, supposedly they do everything regular resonators do, without restricting flow.

Let me know, if you need anymore feedback lol

Yessir, KC's which was soooo far away... the hairpin turn was fun though! How would I know if they put them on correctly or not?

Yessir, KC's which was soooo far away... the hairpin turn was fun though! How would I know if they put them on correctly or not?

Well he should know since i was there not too long ago fighting with him about it lol. Im surprised he hasnt mentioned me.

He did on the phone. Said "Oh do you know the guy with the white LS?" I told him you recommended me... But yeah after I get the car back is there anyway for me to check to make sure it's been placed correctly?

I kept my stock resonators on. Actually, my entire exhaust is stock, just the old mufflers cut out and the new ones welded in (I know, I'm terrible, Ill do a full custom eventually). I LOVE the sound. It just makes the car sound like it should. A nice low rumble that turns heads, but doesn't make every head in a square mile turn. I could go a touch louder, but much more and I would be uncomfortable in my own car haha

Don't get me wrong I love my exhaust as it. Has a great tone, and if i had stock cats i would probably keep it as it is. However, i have high flow cats now so it made my exhaust even louder and very raspy. It actually sounds catless sometimes IMO. Has that popping crackling sound i pointed out in the XKR video.

And the other thing is not being able to back up the sound lol You'll be surprised how many people want to race because you have a loud exhaust. Spanked several hondas, acuras, vw and even turbo Saabs since i got my bassanis. All looking for a race, flashing their hazards at me among other things. (been meaning to start a thread about this)

and thats all fine and dandy until you get CTS Vs, GTOs, and last night an XFR following you around thinking you have something special under the hood. NO LIE, these guys managed to pull up next to me at the red light. Obviously wanting to race, but with my dark ass tint couldn't see my "i don't want to get spanked face." So light turns green and they gun it, leaving me in the dust. Of course i didn't go for it, i knew what i was up against...didn't want to get embarrassed specially not in front of the GF lol

Anyway i digress. I already got my aeros and they're going on soon (maybe next week). $80 shipped for a pair of polished ones :eek: Hopefully i can get a before and after resonators video up. And i'm not sure if i would recommend keeping the stock resonators. Don't know how flow and sound will be affected. If you want resonators i would prob say go for the Aeros, supposedly they do everything regular resonators do, without restricting flow.

Let me know, if you need anymore feedback lol
Can you post the brand and part numbers of your cats and resonators?

I have a Magnaflow cat-back system as well as an intake duct I got from LSK long ago. But nobody ever wants to race since I put in the rollcage! I'm feelin' kinda neglected!

KS

Members online

Back