my 98 on Vogtland 1.6 springs

purpony

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
finally got around to taking a pic... here is my 98 on vogtland 1.6" lower springs. Just figured id post a pic for others to reference. Car has been sitting on the springs for about 1 1/2 months now. Between the springs and Tociko blue shocks, the ride is fantastic! No more leaking airbags.

IMG_3771_zps71884bb5_small_zpsd572cf94.jpg

I really need to get my cobra brakes installed.. the factory brakes look so tiny!

Love it, you're running DLFs perches in the rear with the prothane isolators correct? I know those are 18" mustang rims on there but what size tire? 45 series for the height? If so I'd like to know how much tire to fender gap there is in the rear. Let me know.

That looks pretty good. The ride height is just about perfect. But the rear looks just a shade higher than the front. And those wheels look fantastic and fill the fenderwells perfectly. That's a seriously good lookin' car you got there :)

It just makes me sad it's on coils. But that's jut me. On the plus side, like you said, no more leaking air springs.

yep. i thought i would like how the vogtland 1.6s sit, and i definitely like how they sit.
nice.

Thanks guys- Im liking the stance as well!

I couldnt find the vogtlands either, but after searching around i bought them from super coupe performance, only place i could find them in stock.
The rear has settled some since i installed them, hoping after driving it some, it settles a little more.

My car doesnt really see snow or salt. I bought the car this past spring in FL and it is SPOTLESS on the underside. I only had it out this day to get it aligned. Its back in the garage. I drive my explorer all winter.

Wheels/Tires are factory 2012 mustang 18x8 and 235/50/18 tires.
Front hubs are Mustang, rears are redrilled.

I bought them on ebay from a sell that had a bunch. They were brand new take off wheel/tire combo probably from Roush or Steeda. I think i paid $550 for them plus shipping. I am using a 5mm spacer up front to bump them out just a tad and plan on doing the same in the rear. I bought a set of .250
rear spacers but dont have the full amount of thread needed for the lugs. Could go longer lugs but i think ill just mill the spacers down. Dont really need them in the back though.

I bought them on ebay from a sell that had a bunch. They were brand new take off wheel/tire combo probably from Roush or Steeda. I think i paid $550 for them plus shipping. I am using a 5mm spacer up front to bump them out just a tad and plan on doing the same in the rear. I bought a set of .250
rear spacers but dont have the full amount of thread needed for the lugs. Could go longer lugs but i think ill just mill the spacers down. Dont really need them in the back though.

reviving this thread..question..did you ever end up using spacers in the rear? when you had the rear hubs redrilled did they use the stock length studs?

Also on a side note, post a pic of the rear wheel from the side, I'd like to see the tire to fender gap with those vogtland 1.6 springs, I'm really considering buying a set of those springs and swapping the rears out on mine to even out the ride height between front and back..if it weren't for the perches and isolators it would be fine but they do add about 1/2" of overall height to it.

sorry, havnt been on in a while... I have not put spacers in the rear yet but may. I did stock length studs, wish i went a little longer. Ill try and get some pics for you...

Members online

Back