My $300 LS build

...NOW... we have "cyber bullying",,, causing many kids to commit suicide,,, ...

Worse yet, those doing the cyber bullying are sometimes held responsible and publicly prosecuted for the victim's suicide. While I agree that these people are scum and they should be "corrected" in some way if possible, I think that it sends the wrong message to any other suicidal folks. It may give them encouragement. "I can punish the people bothering me by killing myself."

Obviously I had a few last night. Everything is cleaned up.

Sorry, did not mean anything by this other then caution with respect to posting too personal information on the interweb machine. You know how that grapevine works. Wicked web we weave at times. Stay cool ;)

Ok guys, for all who have been following my progress... I fired the LS for the first time today, and she purred like a kitten. Drove it around town for a bit (no headlight or tail light housings, or license plates) gotta love small town. Haha. But all went very well!

Right on ... did Robin comment on the progress?

Internet crash... so I'm on "snail net" at the moment... and have to do this the hard way.

Quote Joe:

"Worse yet, those doing the cyber bullying are sometimes held responsible and publicly prosecuted for the victim's suicide. While I agree that these people are scum and they should be "corrected" in some way if possible, I think that it sends the wrong message to any other suicidal folks. It may give them encouragement. "I can punish the people bothering me by killing myself."

I get the point you are making... but if someone is of the thought process... "I'll show you. I'll kill myself to make you suffer",,, then that person does actually need to talk to someone, (beyond the bullying they may be dealing with). Maybe this is/was part of why we have had so many school shootings over recent years, (i hate to mention that because things have been calm for a while now).

People are either extrovert or introvert,,, sometimes depending on the situation. Push a person hard enough... and they will go to extremes. Extroverts will take it out on "other" people... and introverts will take it out on themselves. Same goes for those who are being persecuted. They will either talk to others about it... or internalize it. Sometimes people will do the opposite. We humans can be so unpredictible at times... when pushed to our limits.

Back in high school,,, there was a day i missed my bus. I got on the nly bus left... and begged the driver to drop me off anywhere within a mile of my house. The bus was packed full,,, and the only seat left was with a bully. I tried to reason with him... and he wasn't listening. I was getting p!ssed,,, and kept looking at the bus driver, (he was watching me).

I'm usually an easy going guy, (lover, not a fighter),,, but I got to the point that I had enough of the bullies "attitude". I punched him right in the nose,,, which planted the back of his head against the bus window, (surprised it didn't break). The bully slowly turned and sat down... and I sat down right next to him. The bus driver was watching the whole time.

Next day... I felt bad enough about what I did,,, that I went to the school office, and told on myself. The bully was then brought into the office,,, and we had a "mediation". The bully was apologetic,,, and said that he was dealing with other problems. The situation ended in a "peaceful" situation.

Years later, (after high school), the bully and I met again through "mutual friends". He was actually very nice to me... and had no issues about the past.

I guess my point is... to try and understand BOTH sides. Why is the bully being a bully??? Maybe there is a "deeper" reason. Maybe the bully needs as much help as the people that are being bullied. ???

Personally... I blame the recent issue of "cyber bullying" on the parents not being involved in their kids lives. Yeah... we have the wonderful modern technolgy of the cell phone that keeps us in contact with our kids at all times... but tht magic cell phone has a way of causing "detachment" within the family!!!

How many people still have "normal" "sit down dinners" with their children? Those that do... how close attention do you pay to your kids attitudes??? If something seems wrong,,, do you take the time to talk to them??? Sometimes it may mean getting into conflict with them,,, but if you can save them... then it is worth it. Sometimes they won't appreciate it until years later. It may take 15 years or more before you get a "thank you" from them. But... if a parent remains un-involved in their childs life... they may never get the appreciation of wisdom that was never passed along.

So... in the end,,, the problem may be the lack of interest and involvement of a parent/parents... in a childs life. We all learn by example! When the example isn't given "at home",,, we may look for an example elsewhere. If a person can't find that "example" anywhere... then that person becomes "an island to themselves". THAT very rarely produces good results.

I'm getting off my soapbox at this point.

Beyond that... I realize that most of society seems to be swayed by "public opinion" nowadays... without a "strict moral code" to determine what is "right and wrong". Sadly,,, "mob mentality" is not correct either. That's why we no longer have "witch hunts"... and why we have a court system to make decisions. Most of those decisions are still made on an "ancient" Document.

Sorry Stealth... a bit more hijack. I'll be done shortly.

Quote Rigs:

"Sorry, did not mean anything by this other then caution with respect to posting too personal information on the interweb machine. You know how that grapevine works. Wicked web we weave at times. Stay cool ;)"

It took a bit,,, but I get what you mean. I now regret "cleaning up" everything I said. Thinking about it more... if I can save a parent from suffering what I have suffered... I would have left most of what I said,,, in recent past posts.

That being said,,, if anyone has the "stomach" for it... watch a movie called "Traffic". It has stars like Michael Douglas, Don Cheadle, Dennis Quaid... and others. It's a story about a father trying to save his daughter from a life of drug abuse. It's "raw"!!! So be warned. I watched it once... and tossed it in the corner. I was mad, crying... and ready to puke at what the content was, (mostly because I know it is an accurate portrayal of the wrong side of life).

My son has caused his OWN problems,,, by poor decisions... and knows he needs to do something. Thank GOD he doesn't like needles... otherwise I may be dealing with a more serious problem than what he has! Heroine is very pervasive where I live!!! I've been thinking about buying a couple of antidotes,,, just to carry if I run into someone on an overdose.

As I was venting earlier, (now deleted), my son was a good kid that got wrapped up in a company that wants "strong backs"... that will do what they are told. The company DOESN'T do drug testing,,, because they know that if they did that... they would have to pay higher hourly wages to get "good caliber" people.

Sooo... in a way,,, because the company "knows" that drug use and sales is pervasive within the comapny... they are in a sense guilty of ALLOWING "drug trafficking"!!!! At one point my son was moved from one "crew" to another to get him away from the problem... but that didn't fix anything,,, because my son was already hooked. Soooo... in a sense THEY CONDONE it,,, by allowing it!!!

So now... a warning to other parents!!!!! Watch for strange people and/or strange vehicles at your mailbox. If YOUR child seems "different" after observing these circumstances,,, then you have something to be concerned about. Worst case... check their body while they are sleeping. If you see any "needle tracks"... don't waste time!!! Get them some help,,, whether they want it or not.

It was only after the last "mailbox" incident,,, that I noticed the coincidence in my son's behavior. I let it go for a couple of hours,,, but commented on his physical performance while helping me work in the basement. All of a sudden he went to bed. I talked to him then... and told him he had a problem. He actually admitted to me that he did. A few weeks later he ended up flipping his vehicle... and has been jumping through "court hoops" since then.

This isn't the first time! A year ago he got busted for DUI/DWI,,, while testing positive for "coke and smoke". When he flipped his vehicle a couple months back,,, I accepted his custody from the paramedics... but almost thought to allow him to go to the hospital, (with no injury). Would he have tested positive for other substances at that time??? Don't know,,, but by my observation of him it seemed only to be alcohol.

My apology to those that think this is TMI !!! I'm just rtrying to give other parents a "heads up". We as parents have enough worries aboutb our kids... but drugs is as much or more pervasive as when we were kids. The "smoke" is much more potent than it used to be. "Chronic" ain't what we used to have to deal with.

I KNOW this may not be the thread... or the proper place in this forum!!! Thing is... if I posted this in the proper place within this forum,,, many people than need to know and understand this information... might not see it. THAT'S why it's HERE!!!

However!!! If I do see that same vehicle "lurking" around my mailbox AGAIN... they WILL get the idea that they aren't welcome!!!

I apologize for the quadruple post. I forgot to "referesh" the page after clicking "post reply". The casualties of forgetting how to deal with "snail net", (I.E. "dial up").

Hey Rigs... I get the Robin comment. Turn on the infared "Bat-lights". Right??? ;)

We have us a real "stealth" Lincoln here. Hey Stealth... you gonna do a real gas turbine engine too??? :eek: :)

Even on the downslide of things... I can still make jokes. :rolleyes:

So how about a bigger V-8 then??? It's possible to get 350 horse out of a 3 valve 4.6... and the VVT solenoids should match up to the wiring in the LS for the 3.9. Might have to add some resistors to get it to "play nice",,, but it seems possible.

Beyond that, (here i go one last time)... I moved "out here" to get away from the city,,, only to have "the city" follow my son. I have deer, fox, owls, badgers, coyotes, eagles, hawks,,, the occaisional wild pig... and a bobcat roaming around me. I'm in heaven,,, and i can target practice anytime I want, (and it doesn't really scare the wildlife away).

Part of me wants to "domesticate" the bobcat, (since I am a cat person). It would be cool... but I don't think I would be doing it a favor. I do feed it from time to time,,, and I can tell when it is watching me from the woods, (my hair stands up on the back of my neck).

I'm living "the good life" and doing my best to "commune" with nature. No... I'm not quite a hippy,,, I just enjoy the wildlife. There's nothing that compares to the "nature shows"... when you see an eagle, (in person), "lock talons" with a turkey vulture... because the eagle is defending it's nest!!! I've also hand fed squirrels and birds.

As I have gotten older... I have noticed that the seasons of the year... match the seasons of life. Spring = birth. Summer = growth. Fall = death... and winter is the clean/white covering that brings new life. I'll leave that enigma for people to come to their own understanding.

My son is to young yet to understand this... but the time will come. I have had a small "clip" from some paper... on the side of the fridge,,, for at least 30 years now. It's titled "How Fathers Mature".

at 4 years: My Daddy can do anything
at 7 years: My Dad knows alot
at 9 years: Dad doesn't know quite everything
at 12 years: Dad just doesn't understand
at 14 years: Dad is old fashioned
at 21 years: This man is out of touch
at 25 years: Dad's OK
at 30 years: I wonder what Dad thinks about this
at 50 years: What would Dad have THOUGHT about that
at 60 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more...

I think the point is made. Hopefully my son figures it out in a reasonable amount of time. I only got 14 years with my dad. My son has had at least a decade beyond that.

Made some new trunk hinges, still works the stock way as well.

IMG_20170326_173438.jpg

IMG_20170326_173425.jpg

Color matched surround looks good (IMO, a must). On the fence about the trunk hinge mod. I suppose you could fit a few more bodies in the back :cool:

This will be my first post, just joined yesterday, been lurking for a couple of weeks though. Anyways I just last Friday picked up a 2001 LS V8. FOR $300!!!!
Body is absolutely mint, interior is near perfect with the exception of the lower drivers seat,and the armrest. The car has 134,000 on it. He was told it needed a motor by the mechanics, so he parked it. I did my research on the symptoms it was having, and went back to look at the car the next day. Reached to the backside of the intake manifold and found the large plug on the Backside was missing.

Same here I got mine for 800$

Unfortunately the lady lied me the car was not running properly turns out the door was hit replaced and repainted (salvaged title) .

But worth it One coolant hose later and a removed thermostat later it runs like a champ .

Up next Fuel Pump , seleniod clutch , trying to figure out why it won't rev past 3000 rpm when going 0 to 30.

IMG_20170124_215408.jpg

Bacon, dont forget the fuel filter! Mine was 100k used oem and was filthy with Cali muck. Likely why you need a pump too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back