Mustang March Ram Air Install Pics

I have mixed feelings about it...

I love it because of it's functionality, but I dont quite like how it looks like you have a mailbox under your front bumper... I agree, black out the aluminum. Worst case, stick some black mesh aluminum in there to cut down on the inhalation of small animals/rocks/etc.

I have mixed feelings about it...

I love it because of it's functionality, but I dont quite like how it looks like you have a mailbox under your front bumper... I agree, black out the aluminum. Worst case, stick some black mesh aluminum in there to cut down on the inhalation of small animals/rocks/etc.

Once I black it out you won't hardly notice it , I bet. The thing is most stuff you think would get sucked up doesn't. Plus even if it does get sucked up it settles to the bottom of the air box.You ever take out a stock paper air filter out of your DD and notice sand,pebbles leaves under air filter its no different.I notice this on all makes and models of cars. The air filter will NOT let anything get to engine no if and or butts. Alot of peeps at track liked the car and I had alot of peeps checking it out.

I don't want to overstep your thread but my first mod done to my car was a ram air setup...mine is much more discreet but fully functional plus it only cost me $12 bucks...I posted pics in "lincbra's" first mod thread.

I don't want to overstep your thread but my first mod done to my car was a ram air setup...mine is much more discreet but fully functional plus it only cost me $12 bucks...I posted pics in "lincbra's" first mod thread.
Too bad yours is ugly as fock and looks like you have a clothes dryer hidden under the hood.

Also any "ram air" effect is completly lost due to the hose shape.

Too bad yours is ugly as fock and looks like you have a clothes dryer hidden under the hood.

Also any "ram air" effect is completly lost due to the hose shape.

It works for me.

Hey Ratdog cool that you had done this too. When I mentioned no other mk8 had ram air I was refering to this exact March ram air setup thats all.

Hey Ratdog cool that you had done this too. When I mentioned no other mk8 had ram air I was refering to this exact March ram air setup thats all.

no problem at all...for the $12 dollars I have invested I still believe it is getting more air than the stock setup...you do have a nice car, I really like the color and the rims kind of grow on you...just for knowledge how much time do you pick up by using the drag radials?

no problem at all...for the $12 dollars I have invested I still believe it is getting more air than the stock setup...you do have a nice car, I really like the color and the rims kind of grow on you...just for knowledge how much time do you pick up by using the drag radials?

Hard to say cuz new rounds of mods gave me more power to work with. I did 60ft 2.032 which was best ever for car. Its funny you comment on color when I painted my stang I flipped coin between this red and emerald jewel green. Green won so now nice to have the red I like too. I will be picking up some cheater slicks for her soon to replace the DR's.

Couldn't you pipe it into the front bumper ??? then it would be out of the way ... Granted the air would have a slight longer route to travel ... also and extra bend but just my thoughts ...

Something like this would be better. Hope that thing don't get hung up on something.

P1010058.jpg

nengun-0000-02-suzukisport-front_bumper_air_intake.jpg

Something like this would be better. Hope that thing don't get hung up on something.

Those are for brake cooling and do not have 5 inch hose running off them for max air movement. I might have been able to cut it into the bumper but I would have to move even more stuff and cut up noticable part of bumper. I can take this off and put tin patch over hole and you would not know.

Hmmmm I don't think if you use a 5" or 3" ducting it will matter. You might as well get a bigger throttle body. You can only force so much air in the stock tbody.

Hmmmm I don't think if you use a 5" or 3" ducting it will matter. You might as well get a bigger throttle body. You can only force so much air in the stock tbody.

Ram air effect works best as this, air enters small entrance into big compartment building pressure...because entrance is too small its hard for for the air to exit the same way it enters therefore creating pressurized air...the end

So 3 inch hose is plenty because all you really need is a big air box to store the large amount of air provided by ram air

You guys can stick with your 3 inch hose and I'll stick with my 5 inch hose.(its a guy thing:D) Everyone I know really likes using 2 inch exh over 2.5, 3 inch exh and all intercooler piping is 2 inch no one makes it out of 3 and 4 inch tubing, NOT.

FYI I won't even be showing ram air stage 2 track only mod to this cuz I don't want to freak people out.(which is code for getting wacked replies) LOL

looks a lot better. Not nearly so noticeable now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back