Mustang March Ram Air Install Pics

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to have to make a disclaimer here because this is my car and I work on it how I please. This write up does not imply that this is the only way to do this or the best way.Just way I did it. That said,on we go.

I have been grabbing some speed parts off my street stang to pump up the Mk8 abit. I searched this site and noted that no one has ever put this setup on there MK8. I originally just had the 9 inch K&N filter laying in engine compartment not blocked off from engine heat and wanted to fix that.

This install could have been easier if I had no air ride but I do. On a mustang there is NOTHING in the pass fenderwell at all. The mk8 has air ride pump,relay,charcoal cannister all in the way.

Here is all the stuff that needs to be moved around to fit 5 inch hose in.

000_1457.jpg

First thig was take out pump and charcoal cannister and trim away part of the basket.

000_1465.jpg

Next I had to machine up new pump feet to raise the pump up 1.5 inches. Here are the feet and you can see the NOS soloniod vent mod I did on the pump years ago when stock vent froze up. This NOS soloniod has been working mint for 5 years now. Its all plumbed in to work and vent same as stock.

000_1466.jpg

Here is the hole cut out in fender wall and box test fit.

000_1459.jpg

000_1460.jpg

Next shot shows pump raised 1.5 inches and charcoal cannister hung above pump I also relocated the pump relay to back of pump basket. You can see the scoop tube sticking up from bottom now.

000_1470.jpg

Here is everything hooked back up and 5 inch hose run.

000_1472.jpg

Here is pic under hood all hooked up and ran.

000_1463.jpg

Here is front shot of the scoop all mounted. I surrounded the scoop on alum strips to make it hold its shape better. It got little beat up over the 10 years on my stang.

000_1474.jpg

It was way more work then I thought, but came out nice. Roughly took 7 hours for total job. I wanted to finish it last night so I can get to track today.

Nice puddle scoop.... ;) As low as Marks sit, I would be very worried about pulling water into the ductwork.

I had one of those bird catchers in my old 90 LX, caught every bit of dirt and debris on the road.

Good job, it looks very nice. Look forward to hearing about the track run and the improvement it made.

Everyone with negitive feedback. You guys are the best! This car does not get drivin in rain and I had this on my stang for 10 years no problems. If you don't want to do this thats fine, I DID.

You are the cheap mod master.

:Beer:
:gr_hail:
:bow:

Write up the the NOS solenoid, it is a great idea.
I fully expect to see some time slips.

Everyone with negitive feedback. You guys are the best! This car does not get drivin in rain and I had this on my stang for 10 years no problems. If you don't want to do this thats fine, I DID.

Hope you don't suck any small animals up;)

Looks good, nice work!

I love your ingenuity and go at it approach to stuff. :lol:

I would destroy that thing in no time though. Texas driveways suck and scrape the crap out my chit. :(

I think that is awesome, my only concern is that I scrape the little black air dam under my front bumper quite frequently, I would only guess that it wouldn't take very long to start hitting that intake on the ground...

All cleaned up and ready to go to the track with drag radials on. I will get to see what the headers, full dual 2.5 exhaust, only 1 X muff under car and ram air will do for times.

000_1483.jpg

000_1480.jpg

I think I will black out all the alum so you don't event notice it.
Here is under hood shot with all trim in place. All the air ride works happy about that.

000_1484.jpg

what year mustang is it from? if water ever gets that high you have more trouble than that scoop. the engine would die before it got to the airbox

Seems logical but not something I would do. Its your car and you can do what you want with it. I agree with earlier posts about debris and other things getting sucked in. One other issue is what if you back out of or pull into something with a steep incline.......bye bye scoop.

Thanks for input guys. Back to my mine point I had this mounted and running on my street stang since 1999. You now see it on my mk8 so I guess it never ripped off, never tore off facia ,never hydrolocked engine. I know its there and take percautions about it. Its no lower then on my stang too.

Members online

Back