mpg

bb58926

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone ever hear of their LS getting over 28 MPG, I hope mine was reading right.

haha wow thats great im happy if im over 20:)

the highest mpg that i got was 27-28. it was on my first trip to florida with the car. i also used a bottle of gumout fuel mileage improver. since then, i only get about 24-25 mpg on the highway

When it's hot out around 90 I get 28 ish on the high way and 24 1/2 around town. When it cold out around 30 I get 17 in town and 22 on the high way.

are you the anti-christ?

DSCF2681.JPG

Geez quik, what do you expect with your demon ride?!!!!! I get 21 highway and 18.9 city

Now I think somethings wrong with mine... Quik has a supercharger and god knows what else, and he gets 12 mpg?!? My usual driving in town gets me between 11.5 and 12.5, and my car is completely stock! I get just over 200 miles on 17 gallons. :p

I average 18-20mpg in the city. Last time I drove to Florida I was getting 28-30mpg. Get your LS tuned, mine gained 3 MPG with just a tune.

i get like 17 mpg all the time no matter what. when i fill up it goes up to 310 sometimes but usually right around the 300 mark.

mine never goes over 15.5 its always under 300 tank. how can i get those 18s or 20s?

I know that the best way to get the high mpg's is to really not be in such a hurry. I know for a fact that the LS is just warming up at 85ish, but when I got over 28 I had set my cruise at lil over 60 because I read about it in a gas pamphlet I got at the gas station. It freakin worked, couldn't believe it! and also taking off should prolly be as little gas as necessary to get moving and then let her cruise. I know, I know, it is kind of sacreligious to poke around in a car like this, but at 3.25 a gallon, what can you say!!!! g'luck, hope everyone can get the mid 300 tank o' gas.;)

Last edited:
i read somewhere that every 5mph you go over the speed limit is like spending and extra .20 cents at the pump per gallon. i dont know if thats true or how that works but its what i heard. im at 20.8 right now and i drive it a little harder than normal. the cts-v gets better mileage than the ls

Man Quik, you gotta watch brodie....too many places for cops to chill in Sunset Valley.

On topic though, my gauge is a constant 17.4 now days....used to be higher and has dropped off gradually since I've had it. If you know Austin at all, this is driving from Riverside to the 360 bridge (where I work) twice a day and not driving much other than that.

Recently my car has been a bit sluggish but that's another story for another thread.

My 2002 V8 Sport gets between 28-30 on all interstate driving. It only gets about 14 in the city.

Top left corner in bold: THIS IS A WARNING

Line under that: THERE IS NO PENALTY ASSESSED FOR THIS VIOLATION

:p Exhibition of speed means he was speeding and the officer could tell that, but didnt clock him, so he couldnt write him a ticket for it since he didn't REALLY know how fast he had been going. Thats about the only time you get a warning. At least around here.

Well, here in the Northland I get 19.9 average to and from work. If I am on the highway for a longer distance I get 32.

Exhibition of speed means he was speeding and the officer could tell that, but didnt clock him, so he couldnt write him a ticket for it since he didn't REALLY know how fast he had been going. Thats about the only time you get a warning. At least around here.

Again, every state and city has their own laws but Exhibition of Speed can mean alot of different things other than speeding. Ex. doing a burnout or even a semi burnout, going WOT from a stoplight up to the speed limit, basically driving crazy. It means he was showing off. In the case like you described where he might have been speeding but the cop didnt know the speed, that'll usually get written as a Violation of Traffic Control device. Anyways he got lucky i'd say. The county i live in now is hardcore about that stuff, they'll write you multiple tickets and check the 'ol "Aggressive Driving" box which will land you in front of a judge to explain yourself and ask for mercy.

My average, Nashville to Atlanta and back, has been running at 27.6 mpg. I reset it when I hit the on-ramp and check it when I get off. It broke 28 mpg, coming down Monteagle Mountain, a 12-mile-long downhill grade.

Here's my mpg each time i bought gas in the past year (calculated from odo readings & gals purchased). Exciting! ok maybe not that exciting ;)
mpgchart.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back