motor mounts gen 1

aimone

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i need motor mounts im not wasting money on stockers. the solid rubber ones are rediculously expensive. ive been searchin for an hour and no luck. so does anyone have pics of real solid motor mounts(steel)? would cobra solid mounts be close?

Solid motor mounts... I take it that you already wear dentures and aren't concerned about jarring your teeth loose

I emailed chuck to ask if he may be doing another run of these... Answer? Don't hold your breath. :frown: they certainly are awesome mounts, I hope he makes another batch soon.

AEB62A5D-13A7-45EB-A81B-B8FCEA53292F-3670-00000380B72E4C1F.jpg

B13445D6-C82D-4531-8CBC-169FA2CFB252-10884-00000A19D5C1F5EE.jpg

5cf939d5.jpg

sapperfire- im not worried about the ridin rough it cant be anyworse then it was for the year my bags were dead and i drove it daily

dieseldan- you sir are awesome thats exactly what i was looking for, quality easy to see pictures...are those rings just poly rings between the 2 mounts or steel??

How is it with the mounts installed Dan? Do they sit lower and do you pick up more motor vibration?
By the looks of it you could probably make a set and use a puck of uhmw, or buy the bushings he used.

If the motor sits lower, it's minimal. As far as vibrations, I noticed none at all...

I'm pretty sure mine sits lower - the oil filter is more difficult to change than before.

I doubt there is any increase in vibrations, at least from what I can tell with my car.

Driller, do you still have your stock front sway bar?

I was worried that when I put the larger front sway bar in that it would be near impossible to get the oil filter out, but actually it became easier. The addco bars are bent differently and make it much easier to replace the filter.

I've looked through all of their body mounts, none of them have an integrated stud. The bolt must go straight through the center on those, that why I asked how they feel.
Not much different from a solid mount.

Driller, do you still have your stock front sway bar?

I was worried that when I put the larger front sway bar in that it would be near impossible to get the oil filter out, but actually it became easier. The addco bars are bent differently and make it much easier to replace the filter.

Yes I am still running the stock front sway bar.

The bushings in the tubo chucks are just polyeurethane pucks, his custom mountsuse a through bolt to hold it together. They are awesome mounts. It's really amazing how they seem to not transfer any NVH.

Just weld the stockers, done 100's that way including my own, no issues at all. Im solid motor, trans and rear in my car, can barely notice any difference at all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back