Missed my Lincoln.

Dave 88 LSC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a Lexus a few weeks ago so my 98LSC was parked in front of the house.
I decided to drive to work today in my LSC and I gotta say. I still love the car. It still drives good and has plenty of power. I thought I would sell it, but I think I rather just keep it. Im not getting any calls for it at $3500, and I would not want to sell it for any less, so might as well keep it. Spare car that I like is never a bad thing. 92LSC is in for a winter hibernation.
I just feel bad parking it on the street, its just a matter of time till retards that dont know how to park mess up my bumpers.
Gonna have to get that bumper guard/blanket/pouch thing to hang over the rear bumper at least.

Damn... Really? What do those Fox body Marks have that attract you so much?

Because as a kid growing up, eveyone had a mustang, So I wanted something different, something better and classier. Mark VII fit the bill.
My first car at the age of 18 was 88 LSC. I loved it to death, modified it a lot. 5-speed conversion, gears, heads etc. Got the car running from stock 16.1 to 13.9 at a 100. So you can say we have been through a lot.
Second car was a 90 LSC. 5-speed conversion and exhaust is all I did to that one.

Since then I've had many other cars, but none I missed as much as the LSC.

So a few years ago I found this rare colored one. Out of 5000 Mark VII's made that final year (1992) only about 600 or so where green, and half were Bill Blass. Mine is LSC

I got it with 72 k miles and its been good to me. I even took it on a 1200 mile road trip to canada a few years ago.
Mark VIII is a better car, my Lexus is superior two both of them put together.
But in the end, nothing puts a smile on my face like the LSC.
For a car that came out in 1984, it has Air bags, ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and all sorts of toys. And at this point its rare. I get compliments almost every time I drive it. I ran it at English Town 2 years ago and it ran 16.1 just like from factory. Slow by todays standards but its good enough for me. I don't beat on it, but don't baby it either. Plenty of full throttle blasts from time to time. Car does 110 -120 comfortably without breaking a sweat.

In the end, its just a car that I had when I was a kid, and I wanted to get it again before its too late.;)

Good story sir I still have a soft spot for fox cars never had a VII but my first car was a 85 t-bird then a 85 cougar then a 86 gt. Some day I want the 87 t-bird that won pump gas drags with an 8.15 1/4 mile it still had full interior.

Because as a kid growing up, eveyone had a mustang, So I wanted something different, something better and classier. Mark VII fit the bill.
My first car at the age of 18 was 88 LSC. I loved it to death, modified it a lot. 5-speed conversion, gears, heads etc. Got the car running from stock 16.1 to 13.9 at a 100. So you can say we have been through a lot.
Second car was a 90 LSC. 5-speed conversion and exhaust is all I did to that one.

Since then I've had many other cars, but none I missed as much as the LSC.

So a few years ago I found this rare colored one. Out of 5000 Mark VII's made that final year (1992) only about 600 or so where green, and half were Bill Blass. Mine is LSC

I got it with 72 k miles and its been good to me. I even took it on a 1200 mile road trip to canada a few years ago.
Mark VIII is a better car, my Lexus is superior two both of them put together.
But in the end, nothing puts a smile on my face like the LSC.
For a car that came out in 1984, it has Air bags, ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and all sorts of toys. And at this point its rare. I get compliments almost every time I drive it. I ran it at English Town 2 years ago and it ran 16.1 just like from factory. Slow by todays standards but its good enough for me. I don't beat on it, but don't baby it either. Plenty of full throttle blasts from time to time. Car does 110 -120 comfortably without breaking a sweat.

In the end, its just a car that I had when I was a kid, and I wanted to get it again before its too late.;)

I fully comprehend you. I feel the same way about my 94 T-Bird. I don't think any other car, including my Marks will ever fill its shoes.
b3.jpg

Good story sir I still have a soft spot for fox cars never had a VII but my first car was a 85 t-bird then a 85 cougar then a 86 gt. Some day I want the 87 t-bird that won pump gas drags with an 8.15 1/4 mile it still had full interior.

Here, you might like this... This was my 1987 5.0 T-Bird. Bought it with... Damn, now I don't remember, anyhow, I put over 57,000 miles on the car in 2 years & like 70k in the total 3 years I owned it. Put a bunch of STEEDA suspension parts on it, H-Pipe, Pony wheels, electric fan, Ford Motorsports chrome valve covers, etc... & even custom made my own clear corner lamps. Sold it w/156k if I recall correctly for the same price I bought it. Working perfectly. The interior was flawless. I miss it.

bird2-1.jpg

I like it but if I had an 87 I would make it a four eyed car. I love the look of the four eyed foxes.
All 3 of my fox cars are now in junk yards this makes me sad.

^^^^^^^ Man that 94 T bird is nice Any more :GotPics:?

I do but not too many, back when I owned the car digital cameras were still a brnd new thing so I have a few regular pictures on an album. I have to scan them... so you will have to be patient.

I like it but if I had an 87 I would make it a four eyed car. I love the look of the four eyed foxes.
All 3 of my fox cars are now in junk yards this makes me sad.

I agree, those were nice!

I remember dads friend had a 1985 or 86 Thunderbird Elan, another one had a white Fila edition bird, man I wanted that one so badly, I was 13 then.

87-89 Cougar XR7 became super rare, last time I saw one was probably 10 years ago. One with Mustang Wheels, 15's. Those were sweet. Out that family only LSC came with the same Mustang HO motor. 86-92

Heck I remember Dave from to mk7 forums years ago back when I had my 87 I eventually sold to ant. Had an 88 later also.. Finally got an 98 mk8 but I still miss my mk7.... I loved that car.

I had a 1987 Mark VIII LSC and it was the first new car I liked well enough that I would rather fix it up than some old muscle car. But I really like the Mark VIII better. The Mark VII did have a stonger feel to it.

XR7-Turbo Coupe

Our first new car was a 86 cougar XR7-turbo coupe - silver auto 3.73s posi - we miss that car - Wife drove it 310,000 miles and a deer tried to knock her over one night - got the insurance money and decided not to fix it - still didn't use a quart in 5000 miles mobile one synthetic - gave it away to a poor aquaintance - He drove it 2 more years until the tranny went out - wished i still had it to fix back up with a 5 speed!

That's Heartless car takes care of you for 300k gets hit by one little deer and you give up on her that's so sad poor car.

Members online

Back