Missed my Lincoln.

Dave 88 LSC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a Lexus a few weeks ago so my 98LSC was parked in front of the house.
I decided to drive to work today in my LSC and I gotta say. I still love the car. It still drives good and has plenty of power. I thought I would sell it, but I think I rather just keep it. Im not getting any calls for it at $3500, and I would not want to sell it for any less, so might as well keep it. Spare car that I like is never a bad thing. 92LSC is in for a winter hibernation.
I just feel bad parking it on the street, its just a matter of time till retards that dont know how to park mess up my bumpers.
Gonna have to get that bumper guard/blanket/pouch thing to hang over the rear bumper at least.

Damn... Really? What do those Fox body Marks have that attract you so much?

Because as a kid growing up, eveyone had a mustang, So I wanted something different, something better and classier. Mark VII fit the bill.
My first car at the age of 18 was 88 LSC. I loved it to death, modified it a lot. 5-speed conversion, gears, heads etc. Got the car running from stock 16.1 to 13.9 at a 100. So you can say we have been through a lot.
Second car was a 90 LSC. 5-speed conversion and exhaust is all I did to that one.

Since then I've had many other cars, but none I missed as much as the LSC.

So a few years ago I found this rare colored one. Out of 5000 Mark VII's made that final year (1992) only about 600 or so where green, and half were Bill Blass. Mine is LSC

I got it with 72 k miles and its been good to me. I even took it on a 1200 mile road trip to canada a few years ago.
Mark VIII is a better car, my Lexus is superior two both of them put together.
But in the end, nothing puts a smile on my face like the LSC.
For a car that came out in 1984, it has Air bags, ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and all sorts of toys. And at this point its rare. I get compliments almost every time I drive it. I ran it at English Town 2 years ago and it ran 16.1 just like from factory. Slow by todays standards but its good enough for me. I don't beat on it, but don't baby it either. Plenty of full throttle blasts from time to time. Car does 110 -120 comfortably without breaking a sweat.

In the end, its just a car that I had when I was a kid, and I wanted to get it again before its too late.;)

Good story sir I still have a soft spot for fox cars never had a VII but my first car was a 85 t-bird then a 85 cougar then a 86 gt. Some day I want the 87 t-bird that won pump gas drags with an 8.15 1/4 mile it still had full interior.

Because as a kid growing up, eveyone had a mustang, So I wanted something different, something better and classier. Mark VII fit the bill.
My first car at the age of 18 was 88 LSC. I loved it to death, modified it a lot. 5-speed conversion, gears, heads etc. Got the car running from stock 16.1 to 13.9 at a 100. So you can say we have been through a lot.
Second car was a 90 LSC. 5-speed conversion and exhaust is all I did to that one.

Since then I've had many other cars, but none I missed as much as the LSC.

So a few years ago I found this rare colored one. Out of 5000 Mark VII's made that final year (1992) only about 600 or so where green, and half were Bill Blass. Mine is LSC

I got it with 72 k miles and its been good to me. I even took it on a 1200 mile road trip to canada a few years ago.
Mark VIII is a better car, my Lexus is superior two both of them put together.
But in the end, nothing puts a smile on my face like the LSC.
For a car that came out in 1984, it has Air bags, ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and all sorts of toys. And at this point its rare. I get compliments almost every time I drive it. I ran it at English Town 2 years ago and it ran 16.1 just like from factory. Slow by todays standards but its good enough for me. I don't beat on it, but don't baby it either. Plenty of full throttle blasts from time to time. Car does 110 -120 comfortably without breaking a sweat.

In the end, its just a car that I had when I was a kid, and I wanted to get it again before its too late.;)

I fully comprehend you. I feel the same way about my 94 T-Bird. I don't think any other car, including my Marks will ever fill its shoes.
b3.jpg

Good story sir I still have a soft spot for fox cars never had a VII but my first car was a 85 t-bird then a 85 cougar then a 86 gt. Some day I want the 87 t-bird that won pump gas drags with an 8.15 1/4 mile it still had full interior.

Here, you might like this... This was my 1987 5.0 T-Bird. Bought it with... Damn, now I don't remember, anyhow, I put over 57,000 miles on the car in 2 years & like 70k in the total 3 years I owned it. Put a bunch of STEEDA suspension parts on it, H-Pipe, Pony wheels, electric fan, Ford Motorsports chrome valve covers, etc... & even custom made my own clear corner lamps. Sold it w/156k if I recall correctly for the same price I bought it. Working perfectly. The interior was flawless. I miss it.

bird2-1.jpg

I like it but if I had an 87 I would make it a four eyed car. I love the look of the four eyed foxes.
All 3 of my fox cars are now in junk yards this makes me sad.

^^^^^^^ Man that 94 T bird is nice Any more :GotPics:?

I do but not too many, back when I owned the car digital cameras were still a brnd new thing so I have a few regular pictures on an album. I have to scan them... so you will have to be patient.

I like it but if I had an 87 I would make it a four eyed car. I love the look of the four eyed foxes.
All 3 of my fox cars are now in junk yards this makes me sad.

I agree, those were nice!

I remember dads friend had a 1985 or 86 Thunderbird Elan, another one had a white Fila edition bird, man I wanted that one so badly, I was 13 then.

87-89 Cougar XR7 became super rare, last time I saw one was probably 10 years ago. One with Mustang Wheels, 15's. Those were sweet. Out that family only LSC came with the same Mustang HO motor. 86-92

Heck I remember Dave from to mk7 forums years ago back when I had my 87 I eventually sold to ant. Had an 88 later also.. Finally got an 98 mk8 but I still miss my mk7.... I loved that car.

I had a 1987 Mark VIII LSC and it was the first new car I liked well enough that I would rather fix it up than some old muscle car. But I really like the Mark VIII better. The Mark VII did have a stonger feel to it.

XR7-Turbo Coupe

Our first new car was a 86 cougar XR7-turbo coupe - silver auto 3.73s posi - we miss that car - Wife drove it 310,000 miles and a deer tried to knock her over one night - got the insurance money and decided not to fix it - still didn't use a quart in 5000 miles mobile one synthetic - gave it away to a poor aquaintance - He drove it 2 more years until the tranny went out - wished i still had it to fix back up with a 5 speed!

That's Heartless car takes care of you for 300k gets hit by one little deer and you give up on her that's so sad poor car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back