Mind f*ck!

PetesSweets86

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So been hoping to replace the LS possibly later this year (around my 25th bday in Aug) but I keep going back and fourth. I've put nearly 8k in aftermarket installs in the LS......and my car is fun when it's working..... so it's come down to if it's worth blowing 20-40k on a newer car...which is likely more reliable..better power, gas...aftermarket.... or stick with the LS and just repaire what needs repair

my choices I like:

2011 Mustang GT
2010+ VW GTI
2009+ Nissan 370z
2009+ Jaguar XK (or XKR)
2008+ Mercedez C63
2008+ Audi A5
Cadillac CTS Coupe
Ford Raptor
Lexus IS-F or AWD V6 version
wait for the Toyota Supra/Celica releases

bahhh...I think i'll hold on as long as I can, least I'll have tons of cash saved up by the time my LS ACTUALLY kicks the bucket :p

I will say though...the Jags are sure making up for all the crap years they've been...even the 5.0L prrrrrrrs like a Jag should it might come down to either the Mustang or Jag in the end for fun fat V8 power or if I decide fuel economy I might be doing the Caddy or VW

Jaguar was rather unreliable last time I read.

Lexus GS350 IMO. Or you can find a V8 430/460.

I've never added up what I've spent on ls mods. I don't think I want to.

Oh, and if I were looking for a vehicle in that range, I'd be getting an a8.

Mustang GT might not be as classy a ride as some mentioned but the aftermarket will be thick with mods...Just my 2cents

8K in aftermarket??

I dont think you have as many mods as andrizzle and im sure he spent way less than that.

But if you want reliable you can scratch audi and jag off the list.

Lexus IS-F is one hell of a car. The A8s are amazing but not cheap to maintain.

GTI's are fast but cramped.

Mustangs are fast but the luxury ride is gone.

+1 on the a8 (s8 for me tho lol)

Never even knew there was an S8 lol. If I could own one practical car (read:family car), it would be the Audi A8 L (long wheelbase) W12. It can be driven as a sports car or a limousine. I think it would satisfy my needs for looks, class, and some speed, but can still fit the 2 kids and groceries.

2008_audi_a8_l_w12-pic-32713.jpg

Never even knew there was an S8 lol. If I could own one practical car (read:family car), it would be the Audi A8 L (long wheelbase) W12. It can be driven as a sports car or a limousine. I think it would satisfy my needs for looks, class, and some speed, but can still fit the 2 kids and groceries.

We have the same taste.

600HP V12 can push the car easily im sure.

Unless the car was repainted, in an accident (or both), I call BS. I'd like to see the breakdown of where that 8k went.

:bsflag:

Ive done system, tint, intake, exhuast, tires and front and rear bumper repaint and 3K cash down payment and still havent hit 8K out of my pocket.

What I can remember:

Wheels - 1100
New tires (though I don't know if that's a "mod") - 800
Springs - $125
Exhaust - $300
McLaren grille - $60
HID's in lows and fogs - $250
Angel eyes - $150
Clear sidemarkers - $35 <-- don't really remember
Paint rear surround - $100
Tint - $275
Kenwood HU - $400
Kenwood nav - $275
Directed D2400 amp and wiring - $250
DC Lvl 4 12" sub - $275
Optima Yellow Top - $250
Drilled/slotted rotors, stoptech SS lines - $325
whiteface guages - free (Thanks Tom!)
Xcal - $225
LED interior - $30

Can't really remember anything costing more than about $20 (Frost King lip, tinted corner lenses, license plate relocate, LED license plate lights, caliper painting, etc.) So maybe add another $50 for those materials. All that adds up to: $5275.00 even. Ouch.

The dent in my wallet is pretty close to yours, Pete. Here's mine so far:

Aftermarket wheels $530
Aftermarket tires $900
Wheel locks/lugs $50
K&N CAI $185
Eibach Springs $200
Pioneer NAV $750
Kicker Sub Amp $200
Alpine Type R Subs $200
Custom sub enclosure $170
Tsunami capacitors $100
Amp/sub wiring kit $75
iPod 160 Gb (stays in car) $185
1LoudLS amp/sub install $100
DDM HID - low and fog $100
Umnitza Angel Eyes $150
RotorPro rotors/pads $350
G2 Caliper paint $35
Window tinting $240
Repaint front bumper $275
Rear spoiler (not installed) $75
New battery $105
Cobrastar emblems $75
Custom floormats $185

Still need to do VLED conversion and exhaust - 'bout 800 - 900. That's still way short of 8k. Like I said, I'd be interested to see where Re-Pete spent his 8k.

REALLY close lol. I'm at 5275, (added rotorpro package and optima yellow top) and you're at 5235.

I'm with ya on that one (except I'm one kid and a wife)

Wait you guys paid 250+ for window tint lol. Cost me 110 for all the windows except the windshield. And its has a lifetime warranty on the tint job and the tint material. :shifty:

8K? Did you put one of Lou's supercharger kits in there?

Mod shops here are overpriced and complete sh*t. My mods consist of

Custom Exhaust $1k
HD Wheels/Tires $1500
Intake $80
Tint $250
Kenwood Indash system $1500
Focal Front/Rear Components w/ JL Audio Subs/ Kenwood digital Amp $3000 (was an idiot and used my BECU card to pay for it, then lost my job 6mo later back in 2010)
Eibach Springs $1000 (Found out the shop had me pay full price 'didn't order from LSK' cause they ordered it at full MSRP)
SS Brake Lines and Drilled/Slotted Rotors $700
Autosocks (lol) $90

NOW TOSS IN $100 per hour for ALL LABOR

Plus I had to pay 9k for a new engine after only 1 mo of ownership cause I was a fool and didn't carfax the car when I bought it...apparently the previous owner f*d up the LS.......another reason why I would like to get into NEW car after doing proper research.

As for Jags being unreliable. JD Powers says that the new Jags are very reliable, just depreciate like a MOFO

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/dependability-ratings-by-brand/

Jag got 3 5-star ratings for 2011

aww f*ck I just added those numbers of all my mods and I was underestimating....sh*t i blew too much money on this turtle!

Members online

Back