Memphis audio

97blownsaleen

LVC Member
Reaction score
As the title states. I'm looking into replacing the factory speakers and I've been leaning towards these. Has anyone installed any if their products in your vehicles and if so what did you think?

I used to exclusively install memphis and it is a good product for the price. IMO infinity is not the way to go. Diamond would be the other name I would go with.

I had a 15" Memphis mojo m3 running 4500 watts rms at .5 ohm. Best sub I ever had. 6 cubic ft box haha it was LOUD

I can't believe it took that much wattage! Especially in such a huge enclosure and being 2k "peak".

I had a 15" Memphis mojo m3 running 4500 watts rms at .5 ohm. Best sub I ever had. 6 cubic ft box haha it was LOUD

I call bs on this.

No way could a mojo stand a true 4500rms especially at .5ohms very few subs now are able to withstand that and are built much stronger than anything memphis ever made.

I could see an orion hcca taking that or a level 5.

looking for subs or interior speakers

This.

We need to know what you want for midrange and if you wants subs or not.

I call bs on this.

No way could a mojo stand a true 4500rms especially at .5ohms very few subs now are able to withstand that and are built much stronger than anything memphis ever made.

I could see an orion hcca taking that or a level 5.

This.

We need to know what you want for midrange and if you wants subs or not.

Don't really have proof anymore but no b.s it had a modular motor. Easy recone. It took 4500 watts like a champ. Very under rated sub.

I love memphisi was gonna put a memphis 15 in my navigator and if they have door speakers,i shouldve looked into that as well.memphis subs are good, hate their amps though.

As the title states. I'm looking into replacing the factory speakers and I've been leaning towards these. Has anyone installed any if their products in your vehicles and if so what did you think?

I have no complaints. Good quality product for a good price.

I WAS running two 10" Memphis PR10D4V2 subs and 200.2 Reference series(2x100) amp off my factory Alpine headunit. I competed in and won a local stereo contest with a 128db. Ported box. The same set-up should have hit around 138db. For whatever reason the Lincoln LS is not db friendly.:rolleyes:On a side note. I beat out a guy that had over $3000 in his system. Or so he claimed. Lots of fiberglass work.

I am currently running two 10" Memphis PR10S4V2 and a Precision Power 4200 amp(2x200). Upgraded headunit to Alpine W203. Definitely hits louder and harder. Same ported box. I used the same amp in my Chevy Beretta and hit 145db, but I was running two 12" JLAudio 12W6 subs in a sealed box.

Pictures of my setup and install.
First 3 pictures are the "old" memphis subs. Amp was installed in the wheel well.
The last 3 pictures is the current install.

LS%20WOW%2005.jpg

LS%20trunk%201.jpg

LS%20trunk%202.jpg

LS%20244.jpg

LS%20247.jpg

LS%20248.jpg

I have no complaints. Good quality product for a good price.

I WAS running two 10" Memphis PR10D4V2 subs and 200.2 Reference series(2x100) amp off my factory Alpine headunit. I competed in and won a local stereo contest with a 128db. Ported box. The same set-up should have hit around 138db. For whatever reason the Lincoln LS is not db friendly.:rolleyes:On a side note. I beat out a guy that had over $3000 in his system. Or so he claimed. Lots of fiberglass work.

I am currently running two 10" Memphis PR10S4V2 and a Precision Power 4200 amp(2x200). Upgraded headunit to Alpine W203. Definitely hits louder and harder. Same ported box. I used the same amp in my Chevy Beretta and hit 145db, but I was running two 12" JLAudio 12W6 subs in a sealed box.

Pictures of my setup and install.
First 3 pictures are the "old" memphis subs. Amp was installed in the wheel well.
The last 3 pictures is the current install.

thats an amazing set-up

I had the Memphis mojo's in my first build I love them, they are one of the best for the money subs, I agree there are many other ones out there.

Personally I would love to use all McIntosh but I nor 99% of this forum could afford that.

That and some custom built tube amps would have a sound nothing could touch. (by the way making a tube amp is relatively difficult tried that once)

But what it comes down to is that this car is not a theater, so it does not have any acoustics design so why blow money on speakers that you won't here over half of the frequency band.

Buy what you can afford and realize that 80% of car audio sounds just about the same.

as long as everything matches up not brand name but impedance and watts, and so forth it will be a god system.

Get infinity kappas 5x7's run them off a 100 watts rmsx4 4 channel amp and call it a day. Cheap but good speakers that can take 100 watts rms.

I had the Memphis mojo's in my first build I love them, they are one of the best for the money subs, I agree there are many other ones out there.

Personally I would love to use all McIntosh but I nor 99% of this forum could afford that.

That and some custom built tube amps would have a sound nothing could touch. (by the way making a tube amp is relatively difficult tried that once)

But what it comes down to is that this car is not a theater, so it does not have any acoustics design so why blow money on speakers that you won't here over half of the frequency band.

Buy what you can afford and realize that 80% of car audio sounds just about the same.

as long as everything matches up not brand name but impedance and watts, and so forth it will be a god system.

It's not a theater but if you ever heard the THX then you would change your opinion about it not having any acoustics. Theres actually a lot of sound isolation in the cabin compared to other vehicles.

It's not a theater but if you ever heard the THX then you would change your opinion about it not having any acoustics. Theres actually a lot of sound isolation in the cabin compared to other vehicles.

yes but it has little to do with the directioning of the sound as well as sound perjection just sound dampining

yes but it has little to do with the directioning of the sound as well as sound perjection just sound dampining

That's why the THX certification was hard to get. IIRC, the LS was the first car to have the THX certification. The audio system is tuned to the THX equipped cars. When I first heard it in '03 I would have sworn there were "A" pillar mounted tweeters (there aren't). The THX system sounds incredible considering a car is a terrible venue.

Listen to one sometime.

Ive been a fan of Memphis for a very long time ! I used the competition series 12" subs and amps in all four vehicles i put systems in. Plus Jeff at Traffic Jamz is sponsored by memphis, I never let any other company install anything on any of my cars. IMHO , They're great for subs. Unfortunatly they're component set ups arent at the same level of quality. I tried them in my
99' Tiburon and sold them for a set of pioneer after a week.
Well, theres my 2 cents.

speakerbox.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back