May be time for the LS to go.

well when I see what other cars I know are not considered luxury have the same options and more power, I would call it over priced.

I mean if this is luxury what is Aston Martin, Bentley, Mercedes... How can you put this car in their class. It's some what cheaply made, look at all the interior parts that break on these cars, seat backs, vents, handles, the center console button, the cheap leather, so on.

My Girl friends sunfire has 200,000 miles and she beats the :q:q:q:q out of it and nothing is broken in the interior.

Sorry, after owning one, I will not buy another. I love my car because what i have done to it, but you have to be insane to act the way some of you do about the LS. It is a good looking car but remember people are aloud to replace it with something better.

Aston Martin - An exotic. So are Ferraris and Lambos. There is nothing luxury about any of them. If somebody told you they are luxury cars, tell them to look up definition of luxury.
Bentley - Prestigious
Mercedes - top of the line luxury car

I don't know what you mean pieces breaking inside of Lincoln LS, cause i have never had anything break on me. I have 120,000 miles on it.
For being 10 years old, LSs hold their own very well. And, i am not praising them in any way.

If we were in year 2000, most of us wouldn't have one parked in the driveway, because we couldn't afford a $45,000 car. And, we would be comparing it to a BMW and Mercedes. Just because it's affordable now where we all can enjoy it, doesn't mean it's comparable to a Sunfire.

You may not know this, but in order to make things nice and sumptuous, a lot of times you have use a materials that are very delicate. So, of course it may not hold up as well as some plastic dashboard in a Sunfire that will hold up a hammer's strike. Doesn't always mean it's got quality.

doesn't mean it's comparable to a Sunfire.

and never will be compared to this
2995876916u_2x424x360f?1334080191.gif

2995876916u_1x424x360f?1334080191.gif

:p

This is my LS. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My LS is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my LS is useless. Without my LS, I am useless. I must drive my LS true. I must drive faster than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must pass him before he passes me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my LS and myself are defenders of my streets, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

... :)

This is my LS. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My LS is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my LS is useless. Without my LS, I am useless. I must drive my LS true. I must drive faster than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must pass him before he passes me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my LS and myself are defenders of my streets, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

:bow::Beer:I:hump::dj::invasion::steering:bowrofl::gr_devil:

and i know one day, my LS will drive me to a self inflicted death!!! It will right in between a failed COP, front end rattle, and someone asking about misfires

It was a toss up between that and the 23rd Psalm. :)

You don't know how freaking long I've been waiting for someone on here to write an LS creed!

BELIEVE:gr_hail:

Kumba said:

Lol nice

yes, and if you read what I posted earlier, a friend and co-worker has an 84 Volvo with all the same options as my car, and more. so where does that put the LS?

All I am trying to say, is anytime someone on here is buying a new car, you claim the LS can not be replaced by anything in its price range that is comparable. That is partially true do to the way the car has depreciated, and what does that tell you about a car? Well? it tells you it's not desirable, Toyota corollas hold their value more than an LS.

Well no disrespect but all LS's are not equal and there's a difference between a 2002 and a 2006. Lots of options were added and these made the car more modern and luxurious. Have you compared them in person?

I don't care about holding value. I care about how nice the vehicle is and mine is pretty damn nice. Not perfect but my interior is immaculate and nothing is cracked or broken.

ive owned both generations, I dont really feel that the 2nd gen was any more luxurious, just fixing most of the mistakes they made the first time at it.

The only thing I think looks more luxurious is the electronic parking break, and the real wood of course

ive owned both generations, I dont really feel that the 2nd gen was any more luxurious, just fixing most of the mistakes they made the first time at it.

I test drove a new gen I and didn't like it, so I passed. A few years later, I was talked into test driving an 04. I was sold, so much that when they stopped making them I got one of the last 06s on the lot.

Joe, what made such a difference for you?

I love my '02. I couldn't justify the $5000 price difference for the 2nd gen improvements at the time of my purchase ('06's were just hitting the dealers and I didn't want to spend that but I did love their front ends). VVT was the only change I cared about so for 1/5 of the price difference to a gen 2, I added over 100hp instead of 30:D. I disliked the attempt to modernize the interior and prefer my black gauges and wood-grain/black plastic to the silver stuff. My seats, with the woven pattern and Lincoln emblems branded into the leather were nicer than the other LS's I saw on the lot. All that said, an '06 is an option as a replacement when the time comes but I would me moving some of my stuff over to it.

Members online

Back