May be time for the LS to go.

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was washing/claying/sealing the LS yesterday. Also finally threw on the Fondmetals. While jacking up the passenger rear (at the designated jack point), the pinch weld gave way a little. I heard a crunch, and lowered the jack. Then, a nice amount of rust fell to the ground. :( The pinch weld is rusted corroded, and there's no fixin that.

So, I have to decide: sell outright? Or see what I get on a trade in?

And, what to get for a replacement...

This sucks. Guess I'll just get drunk to not think about it tonight.

you should give me your wheels at a low cost, and i would look into something with an aftermarket, and rwd or awd

I f@ckin hate rust.
Rust never sleeps.
Sorry man.
I hate living here.
Cant picture you LS less.

I told the boss last winter this is the last winter for the LSC.
It is still FL clean down under, but I was a car wash freak, the paint paid the price.

I say go out of state, have Bill find one in Texas.
Road trip!

Lets get drunk in Texas!:D

You dont have to be without an LS..get you a nice low mileage 06.

GET ANOTHER LS....AN 06!!! I DONT KNOW WHY I'M YELLING!!! Seriously tho, get another LS and swap wheels/parts like Kaball said. You know you want to.

It is just a car. Move on while you can still get something out of it, too. Hell, you are practically never on here anyway, not even with your drunk posts! :p Take the opportunity to venture into something new; you have paid your dues with this one.

Well a drink to its memory non the less... I cant imagine you not having it anymore...

I remember when i traded in my last car, the salesman made some sly/ smartass comment about it being a substandard car (maxima) ... He almost blew the sale because of it, not realizing how attached i was.... It was the car I brought my son home in, the car i got married (and divorced :p ) in.... These things become part of our lives.. a part of you goes when they go...

geez i sound drunk already :D

So is the place where the line forms for any part outs? If so, grille and exhaust tips(if the price is right)? :)

Well a drink to its memory non the less... I cant imagine you not having it anymore...

I remember when i traded in my last car, the salesman made some sly/ smartass comment about it being a substandard car (maxima) ... He almost blew the sale because of it, not realizing how attached i was.... It was the car I brought my son home in, the car i got married (and divorced :p ) in.... These things become part of our lives.. a part of you goes when they go...

geez i sound drunk already :D

You got married in your maxima? Do you take this woman for better or worse, foriegn or domestic, for new wheels or flat tires....vrooom vrooom I do....:p

I am about to ask probably a "duh" question but what the hell. Can the bad area not be cut out and use it as a template to have a new piece welded in?

it is just a car. Move on while you can still get something out of it, too. Hell, you are practically never on here anyway, not even with your drunk posts! :p take the opportunity to venture into something new; you have paid your dues with this one.

+1000000000

Damn, that is rough to hear man.

I say look @ something new unless you really like the LS - then 06 is a no-brainer.

All pends on that skrilla flow!

Always hate to see someone getting rid of an ls. There is only so many left in the world. The community shrinks and the reality of life sets in. Where there is a beginning there is inevitably an end. Life goes on for other members of the family, but always with a piece of them missing.

You can't go wrong with the new MKS or MKZ ;). lol

Can't offer a suggestion on a replacement, so many out there. Why not just make an addition and park her. Let it be a side project. I'm hoping to keep mine after I land the big one after gradumecating. Then the years afterward making it ready to be worthy of a historic plate in the distant year of 2028. Anyone else see them lasting that long? Either that or I'd sell, it upgrade to a low mileage '06 and do the same thing. I'm under the impression that this is the Lincoln they should have kept building.

Members online

No members online now.
Back