Mark VIII T45 swap?

thanks guys it sounds like this may be the mother of all swaps, i thunk Im going to start collecting parts now.

I finally got around to re-doing the shifter linkage to get the interior all back together. The way the linkage was first made, it was too far forward and would hit the console trim piece in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. I basically re-made it about an inch longer, and instead of using the mustang handle which has that z in it, I used a handle for a 5-speed tbird SC, which is straight, and just tilted a bit towards the driver. I also stole the shift knob and boot from a 5-speed SC and modified the boot a bit to fit in the lincoln trim piece. Anyway without further ado...
HPIM0644.jpg

Tell me that doesn't look factory!

Nice job very clean it looks stock. i still have to redo my shifter so that i can put my defrost switch back in. I also like the black consle much better then wood.

Yeah, the black is much better. It got kind of scratched up sitting in the trunk when I was doing the swap though, so I have to re-spray it. I'm also going to black out the woodgrain pieces in the door panels to match one of these days. What I did for the defrost was I actually broke the plastic on the back of the defrost switch so that all the pins were exposed, then I bent the pins 90 degrees and de-pinned the connector and I just put each individual terminal on and taped around each one, then taped around the whole thing. That way it clears the shifter linkage.

Yeah, the black is much better. It got kind of scratched up sitting in the trunk when I was doing the swap though, so I have to re-spray it. I'm also going to black out the woodgrain pieces in the door panels to match one of these days. What I did for the defrost was I actually broke the plastic on the back of the defrost switch so that all the pins were exposed, then I bent the pins 90 degrees and de-pinned the connector and I just put each individual terminal on and taped around each one, then taped around the whole thing. That way it clears the shifter linkage.

Thats a good idea for the defrost i think i will do that.

i found way to mount the computer and the pedal assembly up front where it belongs without too much fabrication. i didnt have to do any wiring though.

I bolted my pedal in, then I pulled the wiring harness over the top of the bracket, and across to the left side of the footwell. For a while, I had it sitting behind the E-brake foot pedal. I removed the E-brake foot pedal, and all of the associated bracketry and bracing, and that just left the drivers side left hand kick panel floppy and hollow behind it. I simply stuck the PCM behind the kick panel, so now it is hidden and out of the way.

This left me with a problem of having no E-brake. I purchased a nissan 240SX first gen e-brake handle, and I am in the process of installing it to the left of the drivers seat between the seat and the door. its small enough that it fits, and when I am done, I will cover it with a boot that will match it to the lincoln interior. Right now it looks kind of sheisty, but im sure after i cut the carpet properly, and have the boot done, it ought to look very similar to the E-brake setup that was in the last generation Jaguar XK cars.

Jaguar setup
dfcc_1.jpg

My interior before i took the E-brake out
IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back