Mark VIII - Stainless Steel Rear Shock Mounts

DLF can you supply these with ES bushings? i would like a set when you have them ready. thanks ken

DLF can you supply these with ES bushings? i would like a set when you have them ready. thanks ken

I could, but if I supplied them with the ES bushings and the 1/8" SS washers, then the price would be even higher, and I'd still need to make a dozen pairs, or so. I don't have access to a cheap machine shop like 98lincmk7lsc does. :(

I would have them made with a larger 7/8" diameter center hole, however.

The cost of the parts and materials would exceed $50 (the pair of blank plates alone is over $30), and I'd still have to do some machining and welding.

I'm not sure there's a market for a $79.95 shock mount kit. :confused:

I could, but if I supplied them with the ES bushings and the 1/8" SS washers, then the price would be even higher, and I'd still need to make a dozen pairs, or so. I don't have access to a cheap machine shop like 98lincmk7lsc does. :(

I would have them made with a larger 7/8" diameter center hole, however.

The cost of the parts and materials would exceed $50 (the pair of blank plates alone is over $30), and I'd still have to do some machining and welding.

I'm not sure there's a market for a $79.95 shock mount kit. :confused:

If I can get another run of these made, I'll see about making some with a larger diameter center hole. I just don't think there's enough of a market to make a whole bunch with the larger hole when most people will be perfectly happy with the Monroe Sensatracs. Truthfully, I didn't even think there was enough of a market for the ones that I did make, but I guess I was wrong there....

I don't know if you understand...I'm the one that made DLF's...He just welded in his own bolts.

Well, if you can get some more plates made (with a .875" center hole this time), for less than $20/pr., that would be sweet. :)

The distance of the mounting bolts to the center hole should also be adjusted slightly. Should be 1.6" instead of the 1.625" in the drawings. The distance between the two mounting bolts on the stock mounts is precisely 3.2". ;)

Once I get some lessons on the lathe at work, I may be able to make up the 1/8" washers also. We'll see how that works....

Well, if you can get some more plates made (with a .875" center hole this time), for less than $20/pr., that would be sweet. :)

The distance of the mounting bolts to the center hole should also be adjusted slightly. Should be 1.6" instead of the 1.625" in the drawings. The distance between the two mounting bolts on the stock mounts is precisely 3.2". ;)

Yeah, I noticed that it was pretty close. I'll definitely have that adjusted the next time (if there is a next time).

If I can get the larger hole ones made, how many would you want? Would you just want the blank flange with no bolts/nuts? I've got a bag of like 80 locknuts left over, and nothing to do with them at the moment....

If you do....

1.25" diameter disc, 12mm center hole.

I may even be able to get them done on the water jet at the same time....

Of course, this is all assuming that I'll be able to get another run made... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back