Mark VIII - Stainless Steel Rear Shock Mounts

DLF

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking into having a run of solid rear upper shock mounts made from 304 stainless steel, with the required stainless hardware (bolts/washers/nuts).

To be cost effective, I'd need to have at least a dozen sets made.

They'd sell for $49.95 shipped via USPS Priority.

Any interest in these?

ShockMount.jpg

im in on a set, could you explain the difference between arc shock and non arc, i seen that stuff on scp and just don't understand

im in on a set, could you explain the difference between arc shock and non arc, i seen that stuff on scp and just don't understand

Automatic Ride Control

OEM on the 89-95 SC's

2-way (soft/firm) electronically adjustable shocks.

So far, 6 people (on 2 forums) have said they'd be interested, so I'll move forward verifying the specs and getting these made.

If I use the shock bushings that came with my Koni 8041-1202SPORT shocks, then the center hole diameter needs to be .945".

Does anyone have any other aftermarket shock bushings to compare and verify that dimension?

And, it looks like the price may have to go up to $59.95 shipped. :(

getting in my back pocket more let me know what the total for both the shock and light adapoters is jds

getting in my back pocket more let me know what the total for both the shock and light adapoters is jds

Well, you'll save $5 'cause I can ship them together.

However, I still need comfirmation of the center hole diameter, or I'll have to go with the dimensions from my Koni shock bushings.

Might want to measure a set of ES bushings too?

Not a bad suggestion, but they make quite a few different upper shock bushings, with nipples ranging from 5/8" to 15/16".

I think what I'll do is measure the diameter of the hole in my '95 SC, and go with that. Then any shock made to fit a Thunderbird should work.

I recall reading of people having had issues with the stock sized hole (mounts) and aftermarket shocks. I don't know if it was the bushings or just the hole size, but might be something to search a little on it before deciding on the final size?

Any of you guys that said you wanted these still want them?
Kevin O'Connell
danny_holtermann
brentalan
Lux
KK
JDS353
?

I've got them for sale, $40 shipped for a set...

The shock pictured is a Monroe Sensatrac 5965.

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

The shock pictured is a Monroe Sensatrac 5965.

IMG_0958.jpg

Have you installed those yet? The hole in the body is only 1.6" in diameter, it looks like you'll have fun trying to get those bushings through. I'm using ES upper bushings p/n 9.8101G which are 1 1/4" diameter. I had to trim the 7/8" bushing nipples slightly to fit the hole in the mount.

Pics from my installation using the ES bushings. I machined the 1/8" thick x 1 1/4"" diameter washers on my lathe from 304SS flat stock.

HPIM1583s.jpg

HPIM1594s.jpg

HPIM1598s.jpg

HPIM1599s.jpg

HPIM1602s.JPG

Have you installed those yet? The hole in the body is only 1.6" in diameter, it looks like you'll have fun trying to get those bushings through. I'm using ES upper bushings p/n 9.8101G which are 1 1/4" diameter. I had to trim the 7/8" bushing nipples slightly to fit the hole in the mount.

Yes, I currently have one installed on my 97. Even though it only took about 15 minutes, I haven't had enough free time at home lately to put the other one on yet. The top washer will not fit through the hole, so I bolted the mount to the body with the shock protruding through it and the bottom washer and bushing installed, and then put the top bushing and washer on from the top and tightened it down. I can't find the camera right now, or else I'd post a pic.

Members online

No members online now.
Back