Mark VIII/MN12 front, IRS braces

Front braces installed:

P1010011.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010009.jpg

(NOTE: This is the first set I made for myself, all current braces have closed ends as shown in the original post.)

IRS brace installed:

P1010003.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010005.jpg

I've heard it scrape twice... With 5 people in the car, over a speed bump... It's never scraped with just me.

It's as high as I can make it and still clear the exhaust.

Alright, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the whole set. $245 shipped right? Let me know if you've got a set ready and where to send money.
I just hope the IRS brace clears my exhaust. It seems kinda low.
Thanks!
Jay

saturn5 225.00 for the irs and the front braces where do i send the money

Got Mine and installed. Haven't tried them yet due to other projects being done. will post later. But so far so good, Thanks

It's kind of funny, even having almost no legitimate mechanical knowledge I am absolutely forced to learn as much as possible about cars and my own especially. Because most mechanics can't find parts for this car, and my mechanic of choice wont even look into it XD

From my understanding these are exact replicas of the SCP parts offered. Not sure if I'm accurate here, the pricing is pretty similar as well. I am quite curious to hear how they actually work out. I've been looking at these for quite some time, always found it interesting.

Also, $245 shipped?

Yes $245 shipped and no, not copies of SCP's as I mine are single piece fronts and SCP's are two piece.

Tax Return Special

Now thru 4/30, free shipping with combined order of front and IRS braces.

so the rear IRS brace is bolt in? No cutting or drilling? and the front requires welding?

Correct. Rear is bolt and go.

Front does require welding and one hole on each side drilled to 1/2".

You stated for the MN12 as well. I am interested in some for my tbird. I don't want to weld so how about just the rear? Does it help with wheel hop as I have that problem.

It won't do a thing for wheel hop, it will help keep things from shifting under hard cornering tho.

Yup.

I have two sets of front braces ready for ship, would need a couple days build a IRS brace.

Members online

No members online now.
Back