Mark VIII IRS Sub-Frame Bushing Kits

DLF

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Ford has discontinued the stock bushings for the IRS Sub-Frame.

Also, from a performance perspective, the stock bushings allow too much movement of the sub-frame, which can lead to wheel hop and/or poor 60' times in high powered cars.

I am developing performance bushings made from UHMW with hardcoated aluminum sleeves.

I expect the full kit of 8 bushings and 4 sleeves to sell for $400 shipped (lower 48) at this point.

I plan to begin shipments of the completed kits by mid-April.

However, I am offering a $50 discount to early adopters who prepay in full prior to April 1st.

See THIS post on SCCoA for more info.

Please PM me for payment details if you are interested.

Last edited:
Here are some renderings of the bushing designs.

The first two pics are of the upper, the second two are of the lower.

UpperMount_1.jpg

UpperMount_2.jpg

LowerMount_1.jpg

LowerMount_2.jpg

FWIW, There are only going to be 6 sets in the first batch, and 3 are already sold.....

I received the aluminum bar stock for the spacers today, so the machining starts tomorrow.

Crap! Looks like I won't get the UHMW until the 25th. :mad:

Last edited:
Took some additional measurements today, and I won't need as severe a chamfer on the upper bushing as I originally thought.

Revised Upper.jpg

Machining the sleeves. Takes about 1/2 hour a piece to get them to this stage, and the diameters still need to be turned. Got another 8 to go in this batch, then they're off to be anodized. :)

HPIM1255s.jpg

HPIM1257s.jpg

Bolts

Anyone who is considering this, may want to purchase new bolts while they're still available from Ford.

From Tousley Ford:

N805747S100 $14.33 ea.

BOLT-M12X1.75X129.5

HPIM1263s.jpg

HPIM1261s.jpg

Got the UHMW stock in today.

Made the prototype upper bushing and it fits just as I designed. I'm quite happy with it.

Tomorrow I'll make the prototype lower, and then start making a few sets.

Reminder: There are 6 sets in this batch and 3 are already spoken for.

HPIM1267s.jpg

HPIM1268s.jpg

HPIM1265s.jpg

HPIM1266s.jpg

But did you like the pimp talk? :cool:

hell yea, thats dope dad

same goes for the bushings and all your other stuff {for lack of a better term}

Last edited:
doug you got tallent dude its nice to see another guy helping with crap that cant be bought!! hell yeah man looks good. i am thinking about a side project. when i take the
IRS out of my rosemist mark, i am going to disassemble it and weld it up better and deck it out , rebuild it put my center section in and now i think buy one of these too! i want to make it 100% new but 100% better than stock!

Finished the lower bushing prototype today. Took a while to get the dimensions just right, but it came out great. And the bushing set w/sleeve even weighs less than the stock parts they're replacing. :cool:

Made the three remaining upper bushings for my car, and will make the three remaining lower bushings tomorrow. Then I have to wait for the sleeves to come back from anodizing (they arrived in NC today). Once, I've installed mine, and I'm satisifed that everything is as it should be, I'll produce and ship the sets that have been paid for.

HPIM1273s.jpg

HPIM1270s.jpg

HPIM1276s.jpg

Only one set left in this batch!

Last edited:
5 sets of upper bushings done! :) Now I have to make the lower bushings. Still waiting for the sleeves to come back from being anodized. :(

HPIM1289s.jpg

Last edited:
Sleeves came back today.

Pics of installation sequence.

1 set currently available.

HPIM1303.jpg

HPIM1310.jpg

HPIM1312.jpg

HPIM1313.jpg

HPIM1315.jpg

I don't mean to sound dumb but what is UHMW is this stuff like a rock or what

Actually, as far as plastics go, it's fairly soft. I chose it for this application because it resists vibration and sound transmission.

Linky

Put my SC back together today, with the new UHMW sub-frame bushings. :)

Track test this Saturday @ Englishtown. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back