For Sale Mark VIII differential 4.30 limited slip

chargerxr

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm selling my Mark VIII differential with 4.30 gears. Limited slip, and truly the quietest low geared rear end I've ever had. Someone did a good job setting it up. I pulled the rear cover and will take some pics of the inside tomorrow. $300 plus shipping.

I'm considering it myself. It would be cheaper then me converting this 31 spline 3.73ls and having it rebuilt and installed.

4.30 just seems like way too much gear for a daily driver though.

I'm considering it myself. It would be cheaper then me converting this 31 spline 3.73ls and having it rebuilt and installed.

4.30 just seems like way too much gear for a daily driver though.

Roger could tell you what rpm is in OD... it is in a Gen one now.
I ran 4.10s for years for me.....4.30s would be pushing it but fun non the less.
N/A... Auto, I would run these for what he is asking.
Stall, tune,= fun time IMHO.

I originally had this diff in a 97 and if I remember correctly it was about 2800 rpm at 70mph. The 95 I just removed them from, I did not have the speedo corrected so this is going off my memory from a couple of years ago.

Just wondering what half shafts you were going to use? Didn't know there was a 31 spline half shaft for our cars. I also have a Tbird Super Coupe and I am going to run a 31 spline half shaft in it. I am going to mate 02 explorer half shaft snouts to my Tbird half shafts. Let me know how yours works out and what parts you use.

Just wondering what half shafts you were going to use? Didn't know there was a 31 spline half shaft for our cars. I also have a Tbird Super Coupe and I am going to run a 31 spline half shaft in it. I am going to mate 02 explorer half shaft snouts to my Tbird half shafts. Let me know how yours works out and what parts you use.
You should ask that question here.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...does-an-average-rear-end-rebuild-install-cost
What Roger is selling is a bolt up Limited slip housing using your 28 spline shafts.

I originally had this diff in a 97 and if I remember correctly it was about 2800 rpm at 70mph. The 95 I just removed them from, I did not have the speedo corrected so this is going off my memory from a couple of years ago.
That is not a bad RPM for these engines.

03/04 Cobra 31 spline axles with work in the Marks or Birds given the correct diff.

4.30's are just a bit too steep for me... Even for my SVO..

That's a bit tempting for my LS... though I'd probably lean more towards something in the 3.90 range

Here's some pics.

differentail 4.30 ls 001.jpg

differentail 4.30 ls 002.jpg

differentail 4.30 ls 003.jpg

FYI... with stock size tires, your rpms vs mph at highway speeds:

2500 - 64
2750 - 71
3000 - 77
3250 - 84

Members online

No members online now.
Back