Mark 8 mirror question

cmcallister6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 98 has a clear square button in the middle of the rear view mirror under the lens, when you push it in..it lights up green. Looked in the manual couldnt find anything about it. Anybody know what the buttons for?

Yup. Stealth mode. When green, no police radar will work!

Or its the switch to turn off the auto-dim feature of that mirror.

it's supposed to knock down the glare from bright lights...dimmer button...if your rear window is tinted, like mine is, you may not notice any difference when you turn it on/off

I left my on at all times. Since it auto-dims, there is not need to turn it off. On the Mark, it will turn off quickly when going into reverse.

I left my on at all times. Since it auto-dims, there is not need to turn it off. On the Mark, it will turn off quickly when going into reverse.

I never understood why there's a button to begin with. I keep mine on as well. Its not like one night someone might think; "You know?, let me turn this off for a bit, i feel like blinded for the night!"

I'm just the opposite. I never turn mine on because the tint stops any rear blinding. I have tried it though and it does dim down but it gets a bit too dark with the tint so, that's why I just leave mine off.

I'm just the opposite. I never turn mine on because the tint stops any rear blinding. I have tried it though and it does dim down but it gets a bit too dark with the tint so, that's why I just leave mine off.

Then I guess there's my answer. I have 20% on both cars so I wouldn't know. I have it turned on in both of my cars. Your's look pretty damn dark though.

Tint or not, the dim effect would be the same. Its variable, so tint would just cause the mirror to dim less. Im the end, same light intensity in the mirror.

I never shut my auto-dim mirrors off, either and never have any issues.

turning mine on/off changes nothing...my rear window is tinted

Members online

No members online now.
Back