Mark 8 Maintenace Solutions,Recommendations, and Questions

There's no NEED to swap 8 coils at once. That's part of the idea behind them being used.
Just swap your plugs as need be, and replace any defective coils.. they even sell the coil boots seperately so you don't have to replace the coil when a boot splits.

Hunt on EBay for OEM coils. I found a full set for $180 ( that's $22.50) each. But like I said, if they aren't fouled, why change em

If you suspect a coil to be bad due to a misfire code for that cylinder, move it to another cylinder that doesn't have a misfire code and recheck

Merk1n, I'm getting a vibe of a novice when it comes to maintenance on the Mark. I highly suggest you find a good shop to do the work you need. Memories of Ripped Camel comes to mind.:rolleyes:

One of the funniest threads I've ever read. Poor guy.

Can anyone recommend a good place for a wheel alignment. What experience do you guys have with Tire Kingdom?

if one is going, they rest are commonly not far behind...

I replaced one bad coil on my 98 continental, number 3, about 2 years ago. None of the rest have failed. I am all for preventative maintenance but spending money I do not have to blows too.

I replaced one bad coil on my 98 continental, number 3, about 2 years ago. None of the rest have failed. I am all for preventative maintenance but spending money I do not have to blows too.

You guys have a valid point. I don't think I'm going to buy a full set. Some of these coil packs last a ton of miles!

So guys some hater at my job smashed my driver side mirror when my car was parked at my job. I contacted the property manager to see if he was gonna cover the damage done to my car. He said he I have no proof even after i filed police reports and my manager took pictures. I got a driver side mirror in pewter gray and was going to spray it the color of my car. Guess what...... I cannot find paint in a can to match the color code on my car which is TV. I know i can get it done at a body shop but they are going to tax the hell out of me. Does anybody know where i can find ext paint to match my car i tried autozone, pepboys to no avail. I called local ford dealership and they said that color is obselete. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

So guys some hater at my job smashed my driver side mirror when my car was parked at my job. I contacted the property manager to see if he was gonna cover the damage done to my car. He said he I have no proof even after i filed police reports and my manager took pictures. I got a driver side mirror in pewter gray and was going to spray it the color of my car. Guess what...... I cannot find paint in a can to match the color code on my car which is TV. I know i can get it done at a body shop but they are going to tax the hell out of me. Does anybody know where i can find ext paint to match my car i tried autozone, pepboys to no avail. I called local ford dealership and they said that color is obselete. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Here ya go:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Are you sure DupliColor doesn't make it? Go online. You may have to order it because they may not have it locally. I had a hard time looking for my prairie tan & after a second visit to the Auto Zone on SW 8th Street & 61st Ave the manager found 5 cans in a store in Arizona & he had them shipped. Since I saw they were a little hard to find I ordered 5 :)

yea i was at autozone today looking in there little book they had by the dupli color but i did not see my color code tv. I saw dark shadow grey thinking it was under a different name but the color was to light.

Lincoln Mark VIII paint code TV, Midnight Gray Metallic, 2 oz touch-up paint $12.99 + Free shipping! Refillable aerosol cans are also offered by this seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Lincol...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f22a3770

Other Mark VIII paint codes are also available.

Dude you have a nice car with awsome paint..or at least it looked good from the video the original owner posted on YouTube...just do it right and have a shop match the paint correctly and spray it in base/clear, I paid $100 to have my mirror on my old thunderbird painted in torreader red which has a tinted clear making it more expensive. If you are a novice with a rattle can its gonna stick out like a sore thumb on an otherwise clean ass car..if it were just an average daily driver I could see doing that but your car is nice IMO.

got a question guys i was at a red light and i noticed my rpms started to jump up and down and it feels as if the car is about to turn off. I did some reading and it seems as if i need to change either my egr valve or pcv valve? Can anyone shed some light on this, or copy and paste the thread if this has been talked about already.

My first guess might be the Idle Air Control Valve. And, after reading through this thread from six months ago... here's that sparkly engine pic you wanted me to post. :p

Engine4_11_zpsd51d7963.jpg

i was at a red light and i noticed my rpms started to jump up and down and it feels as if the car is about to turn off. I did some reading and it seems as if i need to change either my egr valve or pcv valve?
how would it be different if it was a timing problem?

thanks @ hot mk8 im pretty sure it is IAC but im going to replace both at the same time. @ dnsherill i meant egr and IAC not pcv valve

im about to purchase the Idle Air control valve and EGR valve. The motorcraft brand is $62.79 and The standard motor product brand is $33.79. Which one should i go for? Is this part worth spending an extra 30 bucks on let me know

Members online

No members online now.
Back