Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
1217222497.jpg

1217222498.jpg

1217222499.jpg

1216656815.jpg

1216656814.jpg

1216656816.jpg

hahaha yup its layed out. I pulled all of the stock air suspension stuff and converted it to fast bags, I have the ability to control the suspension from a 7 switch box.

BTW its laying floor pan.

Nice. But what happened to the front end. The header panel must be on wrong. It keeps everything in place and looks like its tilted down, hence the drop of the grille and the gap between the grille and hood. Its not too hard to adjust. I had to put a new one in mine and it was not as hard as I though.

yeah something is up with the front end, your grille should lay back a little and the top should be under the hood chrome, you arent supposed to see the top of the grille. and on a side note, coming from someone who had a shop building mini trucks, you arent laying floor pan, unless you took the irs out of the back, along with the front k member and shaved off the subframe rails, you'll never lay floor pan lol. you could take the rims and tires off the car and drop it on the driveway and you wont lay floor pan. you do have it low though!!! those tiny tires on them rims help make it lower too.

lol, well I drug the diff cradle to the point its flush with the floorpan, the braces keep getting ground paperthin so I have to keep plating the body mounts.

The k member has been ground down as well. and the front leading arms have been moved up.
Im going to need to get new mufflers soon, if I keep draging it.
The front Grille I have no clue why it sits like that,

Actually what I did was take a set of 96 LSC housings and had a machine shop fab me up rings that put the bowl in the same place as the stock xenons, and I have xenon low's and high's with the mod to make them all come on with the highbeam.

There is still alot of odds and ends need to finish,

I have the Grille as an issue,
I still need to do my 1 off brakes.
Im changing the lug pattern to 6x135mm so I can run Navigator wheels,

My new billet antenna should arrive this week. Im using my Cell phone antenna for my TV tuner.

Looks good, glad to see you putting that kind of work into her or him???

Great job!

Thanks I need to go get my hands on a better camera. camera phones can only do so much.

What's your overall tire height diameter?

Can stock tire dia be had while laying out?

Looks gooood layyyyed out. :D

now its 25.4 stock is 26.4(I think) I went with 255/45/16 instead of 225/60/16

Thanks, I will get some pics of the suspension if anyone likes, Im using a standard air springs. Made by Slam specialties and cups. in the front I ditched the coil/bag over shock. and mounted the shock on the inside of the bag cup. it rides super nice with the RE-6's all the way around.

For your front clip, I'm not sure if I can explain it well enough, but I ran into the same thing once when putting it back on...
There are flat wide tabs on the bumper cover that go under the header panel, under the headlights basically. If they are on top of the header panel piece, the bumper won't slid back all the way and push out like it looks like on yours, and did on mine till I corrected it...

Your car definately looks cool layed out like that :)

For your front clip, I'm not sure if I can explain it well enough, but I ran into the same thing once when putting it back on...
There are flat wide tabs on the bumper cover that go under the header panel, under the headlights basically. If they are on top of the header panel piece, the bumper won't slid back all the way and push out like it looks like on yours, and did on mine till I corrected it...

Your car definately looks cool layed out like that :)

thanks for the tip and compliment, I will have to reposition those pesky tabs. I fought with them for at least 30 min. since the bumper is not shaped correctly.

I found it as a freeby but it was rolled up. Hopfully with this heat its enough to make it soft and try to get it back in orginal shape.

PS my billet celly ant. arrivd today W00T

Sure what pics? I have a few from the build, which I posted in the orginal Mafioso Thread.

Nah just to finish getting it down to the ground,
I maxed the ball joint in the front and I had a little more I *could* go but I didnt want to risk busting out a ball joint. since it is a daily.

Hmm.

My point is, I want stock overall diameter, and I want to lay out when parked. I followed your original post with your custom front bags etc, and have been curious if I can lay out- completely, with a stock diameter tire..

you can but I wouldnt recommend driving it at that balljoint angle. right now mine is done to lay out on 25.8" the tires now are 25.2"

you will run into an issue with the rear because of the camber a 235/65/16 will sightlty rub layed out. you can goto a 215/60/16 and be ok.

Take Geno's and Rays advice they gave me on the cats. drag them. that will grind them flush with the floor pan. But you might not have such a drastic issue with your since we moved the drivetrain up 1" and sectioned the K member and the rear craddle I drug it down as well.

you will need to get shorter shocks for the rear and if you follow what I did with the cups you will need to fab up shock tabs for the front. or ride without them, which I did for a while.

For the rear shocks you need a pair that are 2" shorter because they will hold you up, not that I noticed on the rear bags having internal bump stops, when I changed shocks it came down more.with stock shocks you will be 1" from laying out the rear I'd 2" so that you never bottom out the shock which is really bad.

Staff online

Members online

Back