LS1 & 6speed swap into an LS??

if the engine is older than the car it wont pass inspection from what im told. unless you live in rural areas which this guy does. funny thing is with hp tuning software they can change the vin in the ecu so likely you get get around it that way

Inspection from what?? I just sold my 99 SS Supercharged Camaro with pretty much everything on it aftermarket except the rearend. All you need is to tune the car so that the Check Engine light isnt on and you will have no problem passing emissions, if thats what you are talking about. If you wanted a lincoln with an LSx engine in it why wouldnt you just buy a 5k lincoln and build an engine for under 4k and have it how you want it. Seems like a waste of money to me, but thats just my opinion

Inspection from what??
To be legal in California, the engine cannot be older (in model years) than the car--f'rinstance, you couldn't put a '95 302 in a '96 Mustang and have it be street legal in CA. Supposedly, most states have followed that standard, as well.

As for that car, what a waste of a Lincoln. :yuck:

Yes
We're LS enthusiasts and this one probably runs 12's.
The engine/trans probably came out of a wreck.
So no waste there.
My Camaro has a similar engine /trans and it goes like riding an intense
controlled explosion.
The 3.9 is very nice but won't do a blast like an LS-1 LT-1 will.
2 thumbs up here from what I see.

Sounds like you two are wasting your time and ours being haters. I find this impressive.

Those guys like it too, just some have to hold the torch, and that's ok.

I'm glad to see that the engine swaps are being done to the LS. In a lot of the posts there tons of "You can't do that", "It won't work on the LS", "The electronics won't work", It can't be done", "It won't fit", You could but it'll be $$$$$$" etc. While some of that may be true, I also like out of the box thinking and that some have overcome the problems or they weren't as bad as some have said. So what we have seen is a SOHC 4.6, DOHC 4.6, a carbed 5.0, and now the LS1.

Now, I like the 3.9L as well and it's a great engine, but I'm always drawn to oddities I think.:p

Those guys like it too, just some have to hold the torch, and that's ok.

I'm glad to see that the engine swaps are being done to the LS. In a lot of the posts there tons of "You can't do that", "It won't work on the LS", "The electronics won't work", It can't be done", "It won't fit", You could but it'll be $$$$$$" etc. While some of that may be true, I also like out of the box thinking and that some have overcome the problems or they weren't as bad as some have said. So what we have seen is a SOHC 4.6, DOHC 4.6, a carbed 5.0, and now the LS1.

Now, I like the 3.9L as well and it's a great engine, but I'm always drawn to oddities I think.:p

IIRC, those were dedicated race or non-daily driver cars and didn't need to pass emissions or safety inspections. Not a viable option on a car that needs to pass inspections and driven daily.

I didn't say anything about inspections or daily driven........just the swaps.

I didn't say anything about inspections or daily driven........just the swaps.

Well then if all you're trying to accomplish is an engine swap why not put in the biggest thing that will fit. As long as it doesn't have to be driven on city streets what difference does it make?

Swapping an engine just for the sake of the swap is meaningless. If it can't be driven with all the parts working it is just an exercise in futility. I'm not putting down fabrication by any means. I have the utmost respect for fabricators. They have a talent I could only hope to have. I am in total amazement with what Lou did with the supercharger. And everything works! It's just that just because something can be done it doesn't mean it should.

Well then if all you're trying to accomplish is an engine swap why not put in the biggest thing that will fit. As long as it doesn't have to be driven on city streets what difference does it make?

Swapping an engine just for the sake of the swap is meaningless. If it can't be driven with all the parts working it is just an exercise in futility. It's just that just because something can be done it doesn't mean it should.

I know what you are trying to say, but what is and isn't meaningless is relative. As far as that goes it's a matter of opinion.

The motor is all aluminum and standard trany and it lost some unneeded stuff like the Hydrolic fan.... its got to be lighter then the factory v8 auto combo

The motor is all aluminum and standard trany and it lost some unneeded stuff like the Hydrolic fan.... its got to be lighter then the factory v8 auto combo

Well you can rest assured once my 3.9 kicks the dust I'll be introducing some bowtie power to my LSE...would make for a nice cruiser car

First off do you have any video of the car?

Man I loved the LS looks when my pops bought it back in 2000. He has since offered it to me since it doesnt get driven alot, but i was hessitant cause of the lack of modification support. But seeing this im going to take it off his hands and do a swap like this in the future.

Ive done an lsx swap into a 82 chevy and know that the chevy electronics are a breeze.

Fecal Deposit

I'm always impressed with good engineering, but...

Somebody took a S H I T in the engine compartment.

KS

lincoln lsx:

Could you please elaborate and the motor/tranny mounts, exhaust, radiator hookup and clutch/shifter linkage?

How long do you think the stock rear and axles can take the extra torque?

The biggest problem here is that he is asking too much. First thing I'd change in the car is the rear end to an LSD 3.58 gears because the 6th gear in that trans is 0.50 throw that through 3.07 gears that are stock in a 5 speed LS and you'll have crazy low revs. Look at the cam he has in that and he's probably lost low end compared to a stock cam and I wonder if he's tuned the ecu for the cam. I'd probably buy it for $7-8K(8 being a stretch) depending upon the rest of the cars condition. He states everything works so I'd have to see for myself, I'd also have to figure out what to do with my current LS :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back