LS1 & 6speed swap into an LS??

im sure some of it works, evne if half the stuff didn't work, i bet that fukcer is fast

i dont know about 15k fast

damm :q:q:q:q prolly is fast id buy it for like 11 or 12 maybe id buy it for 15 if the engine bay looked a little better and looked to be more intact ya know lol not just tossed in there

Sweet. So it was a manual v6 that got a 6 speed installed and an ls1 right, not a v8 auto. That would be awesome if everything work!

Features
Body type: -- Engine: 6 Cylinder 3.0 Liter Exterior color: Black
Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: --
Drivetrain: V8 ls1 6 speed Disability equipped: --

Full Auto Meter CF dash gauges

Apparently at least the gauges didn't work. I would bet anything controlled by the FEM doesn't work. Probably most other electrics too. The IP looks like a hack-job to me.

Since this car has a chevy engine put into a ford and has aftermarket guages the cluster didn't work.
Does it use both chevy and ford pcms to control the car.
Does everything work on this car?
Odometer?

Ok
I have a S/C 383 LT-1 M6 w 420 hp in my 97 Camaro vert.
I was curious so I sent him this question(s)
Let's see what he says.

His response:

The chasis PCM is still in tact from ford. The engine PCM is
chevy. Yes the odometer does work. Though it is not
accurate to the mileage that is on the motor or chasis.

His response:

The chasis PCM is still in tact from ford. The engine PCM is
chevy. Yes the odometer does work. Though it is not
accurate to the mileage that is on the motor or chasis.

The odometer works (it's separate from the stock system and must be the old cable style), and I'll wager nothing else.

The odometer works (it's separate from the stock system and must be the old cable style), and I'll wager nothing else.

My M6 has a VSS and not a cable drive.
Water temp, oil pressure and tach can be aftermarket.
What else would you need to work.
I'm not going to buy the car but you can ask him a question or 2
if curious enough.
I suppose a good one would be will it pass the OBD2 emissions test.

My M6 has a VSS and not a cable drive.
Water temp, oil pressure and tach can be aftermarket.
What else would you need to work.
I'm not going to buy the car but you can ask him a question or 2
if curious enough.
I suppose a good one would be will it pass the OBD2 emissions test.

They could be aftermarket but the pcm wouldn't recognize them. Gas guage, a/c, anti-lock brakes, windows, radio...... Basically anything electrical.

They could be aftermarket but the pcm wouldn't recognize them. Gas guage, a/c, anti-lock brakes, windows, radio...... Basically anything electrical.

All that stuff is run by the stock pcm according to him and works if the engine isn't running so I think it would all work as long as the stock pcm thinks the ignition is on.
The chevy pcm that runs the engine has been somehow piggybacked into the wiring harness.
My question would still be will it pass an OBD2 scan with vin.
If he said yes and I was considering buying something like this I would go out and look at it and see for myself.
Based on my M6 383 it would be like an explosive rocket.

Pretty awesome!
I wonder if he used the stock driveshaft & rear.

I wonder why he did just go with an aftermarket stand alone management unit for the motor? With the stand alone unit, he can reprogram the engine in a matter of minutes. Great for adding bolt ons or internals.

I did a similair swap years ago. Dropped a L67/3800sc into a Chevy Beretta. Used the factory ECM to run the car functions. SDS unit to run the motor. The tranny was run off a piggyback system. I had the same issues as he did. The gauges wouldn't work. But the speedometer and odometer did. I had to use Auto Meter gauges for volts, temp, oil.

hi the car in question is mine everything i can think of works, reverse lights auto lights windows locks sun roof including all down all up with key, A/C will freeze you out, radio, power mirrors, auto dimming rear view, auto wipers, compass, EXT temp, water temp, fuel level, tach, mph. odometer, (but as said not accurate to chassis mileage) car runs and sounds amazing its a extremely good tune done with HP tuners. its a one piece new drive shaft with factory 8" diff with a limited slip (very effective) the car is a daily driver i live in Mo and wouldn't have a second thought about driving to Cali today. it even has to have the chip key to start. i spent a lot of time to make everything work properly all most anyone can do a motor swap but whats the point unless the car works right?
anything i didn't answer please ask.

its alot easier to just get the motor and harness and stock ecu and throw it in there. hp tuners software is pretty awesome for the ls1s and just connects through obd2. all the gm ecu needs is ignition and its good to go. i bet all the electronics it needs work fine,locks, windows, ac heat and all that as long as they hooked up the heater core and ac compressor, that all runs through the body control computer which is still in tact. the v6 manuals dont have any of the fancy monitoring systems in the dash or tranny electronics

if the engine is older than the car it wont pass inspection from what im told. unless you live in rural areas which this guy does. funny thing is with hp tuning software they can change the vin in the ecu so likely you get get around it that way

Members online

Back