LS1 & 6speed swap into an LS??

First off do you have any video of the car?

Man I loved the LS looks when my pops bought it back in 2000. He has since offered it to me since it doesnt get driven alot, but i was hessitant cause of the lack of modification support. But seeing this im going to take it off his hands and do a swap like this in the future.

Ive done an lsx swap into a 82 chevy and know that the chevy electronics are a breeze.

never mind i found it on you tube

This is more of a toy and not something to use as a dd.

Why not? Looks like a fun dd to me (well, maybe with some mufflers :D )

In some states it may not pass inspection.

And im sure that engine decreases the mpg even further into the 14's at least. Id like to see someone do a turboed AJ-V8 swap in there....like the 4.2L or even the newest 5.0L.

In Texas it will pass. they dont even open your hood anymore. If the OBD2 is set up, there are no codes and you pass the sniffer your GTG.

I like it. I'd like it more if it were a 2nd Gen :p I'm not to fond of the shift light in the vent idea, and the guages aren't that bad, the CF doesn't mesh very well with the stock guage bezel though. He did a good job I think. Why do some think the engine swap looked like a hack job?

The 5.0 one looked like a hack.. This seems pretty clean. I found another video with acceleration run.

YouTube - lincoln ls ls1 t56 (for sale)

Well first of all its a chevy engine in a ford.....

Something tells me that he has aftermarket gauges because he couldn't get the factory gauges to work. What else, electrically (A/C, radio, windows, etc.) doesn't function properly? I can't see any other reason to replace the larger and easier to read factory IC.

Will it pass emissions testing? Not here in CA.

Never mind. I'm repeating myself.... I still say there are electrical issues. If the Ford engineers had issues trying to make the 4.6 work I'll wager this guy also has issues. Unless he totally reworked the computers. Without an independent inspection I call foul.

hi the car in question is mine everything i can think of works, reverse lights auto lights windows locks sun roof including all down all up with key, A/C will freeze you out, radio, power mirrors, auto dimming rear view, auto wipers, compass, EXT temp, water temp, fuel level, tach, mph. odometer, (but as said not accurate to chassis mileage) car runs and sounds amazing its a extremely good tune done with HP tuners. its a one piece new drive shaft with factory 8" diff with a limited slip (very effective) the car is a daily driver i live in Mo and wouldn't have a second thought about driving to Cali today. it even has to have the chip key to start. i spent a lot of time to make everything work properly all most anyone can do a motor swap but whats the point unless the car works right?
anything i didn't answer please ask.

Like i said everything works and works well. for the inspection problem the OBDII is hooked up and has no codes i just had it reinspected in November with no problems but thats in Missouri.
I drive this car almost everyday it is a daily driver around town it gets about 18-19mpg and mid 20s on highway. i haven't had any problems out of this car and the only reason i even have it for sale is to pay for school.

has anyone got the factory gauges to work in a lincoln ls after a swap?

the gauge cluster is powered by a data bus all it info the cluster works from is supplied by two wires i tried like hell to get it to work....thats the only thing i couldn't get to work

Something tells me that he has aftermarket gauges because he couldn't get the factory gauges to work. What else, electrically (A/C, radio, windows, etc.) doesn't function properly? I can't see any other reason to replace the larger and easier to read factory IC.

Will it pass emissions testing? Not here in CA.

Never mind. I'm repeating myself.... I still say there are electrical issues. If the Ford engineers had issues trying to make the 4.6 work I'll wager this guy also has issues. Unless he totally reworked the computers. Without an independent inspection I call foul.

hi the car in question is mine everything i can think of works, reverse lights auto lights windows locks sun roof including all down all up with key, A/C will freeze you out, radio, power mirrors, auto dimming rear view, auto wipers, compass, EXT temp, water temp, fuel level, tach, mph. odometer, (but as said not accurate to chassis mileage) car runs and sounds amazing its a extremely good tune done with HP tuners. its a one piece new drive shaft with factory 8" diff with a limited slip (very effective) the car is a daily driver i live in Mo and wouldn't have a second thought about driving to Cali today. it even has to have the chip key to start. i spent a lot of time to make everything work properly all most anyone can do a motor swap but whats the point unless the car works right?
anything i didn't answer please ask.

Everything but the factory gauges work thats why i replaced them with autometers. It passes inspection in Missouri I'm not sure how anything thats not battery powered passes in California....

Everything but the factory gauges work thats why i replaced them with autometers. It passes inspection in Missouri I'm not sure how anything thats not battery powered passes in California....

Wonderful swap!

I don't think I would worry about the opinions here if I were you.

I'm sure you have figured out the hot air content is pretty high! :D

Good luck with the sale and with school.

Members online

No members online now.
Back