LS Owners Club on Facebook!

Mark my words, there will in the sooner-future be legislation passed that strictly forbids companies from knowingly employing or creating accounts that are used on social media to discover information about potential or existing employees.

This gives employers access to forbidden information such as age, marital status, race, religion, children, etc. (illegal items not allowed to be sought after)

I personally know of someone who is employed by a major US corporation and their job is literally to sniff out dirt on employees and applicants. Of course the job description is smoke and mirrors, but their actual duties say it all.

Facebook, MySpace et.al. are nothing like your private email. They are public domain and there is no expectation of privacy.

I understand that completely. What I was referring to was a potential employer asking you for your username and password to such a site. That is completely illegal and like asking you for your private email username and password or password to anything else you have tied to your name.

Them finding something you have posted online which isn't locked as private is one thing. Them asking for full access to any account you have is insane and asking for a lawsuit.

I understand that completely. What I was referring to was a potential employer asking you for your username and password to such a site. That is completely illegal and like asking you for your private email username and password or password to anything else you have tied to your name.

Them finding something you have posted online which isn't locked as private is one thing. Them asking for full access to any account you have is insane and asking for a lawsuit.

TOTALLY agree!!

I tend to only get on on my phone, I find most of whats on there is just junk, I really only look at the pages I follow dealing with cars or other interests of mine. I mostly ignore mots on my "friends" posts.

You ignore me? how rude :D.

Facebook, MySpace et.al. are nothing like your private email. They are public domain and there is no expectation of privacy. Employers are totally within their rights to access your work email. That's why I rarely ever check mine. The only time I access my @faa.gov is when I have to for a specific purpose. I went over 2 years without checking it before I had to.

Yet another reason I avoid those types of places.

same with my @dhs.gov account i dont check it unless i know of something specific i need to retrieve from it.

You ignore me? how rude :D.

Well, not really, but 99% of the "Friends" on there are useless, and always complaining. I signed up in college and not I use it to talk to mostly my friends in the army and over seas who I can't just pick up the phone and call. Other than that it is people bitching. Oh and it was nice to have all my pics when my hard drive died in my old computer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back