ls exhaust setups

epikls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Since Rollin started a thread about lowered LSes And equipment used I thought I would start one about exhaust setups
If you could post the year,model and engine you have
The mufflers you used
Tubing diameter
If you used resonators or not
if you Did use resonators what brand
What tips you used
And if you can post a video that would be great

01 LS V8 Non sport. 2.5 cat back aluminized with AP Exhaust mufflers, glass packs for resonators, and 3.5 stainless oval tips.
Here's a video with the old 4" tips

th_photobucket-44327-1332468062702.jpg

th_photobucket-3432-1313976898552.jpg

Eastern CATs
2.5" custom CAT back
Magnaflow style X-pipe
Jones Resonators
Magnaflow mufflers
Flowmaster Dual tips

No pics or video yet...waiting on my brother-in-law to get his car lift setup in his barn to get some good pics.

2006 Lincoln Ls V8

2.5" pipe from cats back no resonators
magnaflow x-pipe
bassani mufflers
4" double walled tips

I have had a few different set ups on my car since I have access to do it myself

all setups with 2 1/2 pips

1) Stock cats, x-pipe, 2 rear borla mufflers
2) stock cats, x-pipe, magnaflow 5x8 14" body dual in/out mid muffler, borla mufflers,
3) Stock cats, x-pipe, magnaflow 4x9 11" body dual in/out mid muffler, no rear mufflers
4) (current) stock cats, magnaflow 4x9 11" body dual in/out mid muffler, 2 rear bullet type magnaflow mufflers.
5) going to redo again soon, have a new magnaflow mid muffler with built in x-pipe, trying to decide how I want to do the rest, it will have both x and h pipes in it though.

So far #3 I have liked the best but my local law enforcement did not

Last edited:
Magnaflow full catback with Mercedes AMG exhaust tips.

LS tips 02.jpg

Magnaflow 07.jpg

No chrome 02.jpg

Last edited:
magnaflow mufflers with straight pipe resonator deletes, also catback dumps when i want to be obnoxious. Have had the setup for 9 years and have always been happy. Sounds mean and exotic, but not overly loud. With the dumps open its stupid loud. Chest rattling loud. Used to have a bit of an annoying drone at freeway speeds but that subsided after the mufflers broke in well(years)exhaust.jpg100_2843.jpg100_2842.jpg100_2841.jpg4.jpg

exhaust.jpg

100_2843.jpg

100_2842.jpg

100_2841.jpg

4.jpg

'03 LS V8

2.5" exhaust - Magnaflow X pipe, Bassani mufflers, AeroTurbine resonators and 3.5" tips:

Bassani video before resonators - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_XBnjDTXk
Bassani video with resonators - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZshmyZk9RwM

2.5" 2 in/2 out Magnaflow muffler, 2.5" Magnaflow mufflers out back with some MagnaFlow tips, no H or X Pipe:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ore-NickT-exhaust-work-(not-dial-up-friendly)

Magnaflow X pipe, Magnaflow mid muffler and Magnaflow mufflers out back....all 2.5":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSh7JF0jkg

All work done by NickT :D

I'm curious, how is the drone with these exhaust set ups?? I would love to give my LS a little "muscle" but I HATE interstate drone.

I have had a few different set ups on my car since I have access to do it myself

all setups with 2 1/2 pips

1) Stock cats, x-pipe, 2 rear borla mufflers
2) stock cats, x-pipe, magnaflow 5x8 14" body dual in/out mid muffler, borla mufflers,
3) Stock cats, x-pipe, magnaflow 4x9 11" body dual in/out mid muffler, no rear mufflers
4) (current) stock cats, magnaflow 4x9 11" body dual in/out mid muffler, 2 rear bullet type magnaflow mufflers.
5) going to redo again soon, have a new magnaflow mid muffler with built in x-pipe, trying to decide how I want to do the rest, it will have both x and h pipes in it though.

So far #3 I have liked the best but my local law enforcement did not

If the youtube video you posted was #3, that is BY FAR the best sounding LS I have ever heard.

If the youtube video you posted was #3, that is BY FAR the best sounding LS I have ever heard.

Thank you, I am going to be doing the exhaust over hopefully within the next month and I am going to go back to that way again I think, Just a mid magnaflow 14386 muffler with built crossover and no rear mufflers, I will see how it sounds as this muffler is a little longer than the other one I have in there.

I want to get new mufflers and get rid of my resonators on my V6. And I want it to be loud but no crackling noise. Just a smooth loud. What's the best options I have? Magnaflow, flow master, cherry bomb, thrush, bassani, etc? I don't have a lot of knowledge about exhausts and mufflers so please help out as best as you can. Thank you:)

I want to get new mufflers and get rid of my resonators on my V6. And I want it to be loud but no crackling noise. Just a smooth loud. What's the best options I have? Magnaflow, flow master, cherry bomb, thrush, bassani, etc? I don't have a lot of knowledge about exhausts and mufflers so please help out as best as you can. Thank you:)

It's a V6 and the firing order can make it sound like the Jungle Cruise boats at Disneyland. It will be very hard to keep it from sounding a bit raspy.

When Magnaflow was prototyping their system on my V6 they started with the shortest resonators they had. They induced a drone at highway speeds that gave me a headache! They put the longest pieces on and the drone went away. Their system sounds mellow at idle and speed, but noticeable on acceleration. I never tried it without resonators.

I actually don't care much for drone because I'm the only one that ever drives my car and i wont mind the loud drone sound. I looked at a bunch of videos on youtube and personally i think the flowmaster 40s with resonator delete sounded the best. But those were all on V8s, will it be significantly different on my V6? And how much of a difference does an X Pipe make relating to the sound?
P.S.
I;m going to be getting a K&N air intake if that will help with any information you can provide. Thanks once again for the help.

I actually don't care much for drone because I'm the only one that ever drives my car and i wont mind the loud drone sound. I looked at a bunch of videos on youtube and personally i think the flowmaster 40s with resonator delete sounded the best. But those were all on V8s, will it be significantly different on my V6? And how much of a difference does an X Pipe make relating to the sound?
P.S.
I;m going to be getting a K&N air intake if that will help with any information you can provide. Thanks once again for the help.

The V6 is quite a bit raspier and does not have near the mellowness of the V8. I have the X-pipe and I imagine it helps balance out the pulses; and the only filter K&N makes for the V6 is a drop-in panel filter. If you want loud, eliminate the entire system. The engine will probably run like crap.......

i have magnaflow resonators so your saying if i put and x-pipe i would little quieter a lot smoother, (more exotic sound, but still muscular).

Hey guys. Have a buddy looking to sell me an exhaust
setup. Will this fit? The muffler body is 18 inches long 5 1/4 tall and 8 1/4 wide. Its a dual in and out magna flow. Comes with x pipe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back