Low oil message

remark

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What's up guys? I just changed my oil a week ago and this morning I began getting a low oil message. Ive had this problem in the past but not until the end of my oil change. The car does not seem to leak or burn oil. Any ideas?

I'm going to on my lunch break, no time this morning. Do you know how low the oil is when it triggers the message? I can't figure out why its eating through oil with no white smoke or leaks on the ground

LOL check your oil...think with your dipstick....

if oil level is ok, in the drivers side of oil pan there is a low oil sensor, which when not functioning correctly, wire is broken....or in the event you are low on oil, the low oil message warning comes on on the message display center....you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink it...

Ok my oils definitely on the low side. I just changed my oil. What is going on here?

Well I put in 5 quarts plus a bottle of oil leak stop and cylinder restore. Would 1 qt short trigger a low oil message?

My second Gen did this to me. I put in a quart and the next day the low oil message came on again :confused:

The O ring gasket let loose between my oil filter/cooler and was pouring the oil out the bottom.
0324001820a.jpg

I got lucky I didn't starve my engine for oil and then really have a problem :eek:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the low oil message comes on then there is only 2 or 3 quarts left in the pan.

It comes on much later than it should.....

Don't drive the car with that alarm on.

Either you didn't put enough oil in, or it's leaking out of somewhere. Either way, find out what it is and refill it before driving...

I ended up putting in like a half quart I had in my trunk and the message went away.

When mine comes on, it's 2 qts low...I always carry 2 qts in the spare well now

It's always good to keep a a little of each fluid in the trunk just in case. I don't understand why more people dont practice it.

Maybe his car has what we would call a damn good low oil sensor that works as it should. I have never had the message but if it has to be down to 2 or 3 quarts before it gives the message, that ain't good. I would rather mine show it if I'm a quart low. I always put 6 quarts in when I change it and I see the light for a second (on first start up) and no more after that. It doesn't last long enough for the message center to show it.

All that other stuff like oil stop leak or cylinder restore, I have never used. That stuff might have had some sort of adverse effect on the sensor and set it off. ~shrugs~ iono

When my low oil sensor come on it is down by a quart if that? If I put in an entire quart it winds up being over on the dipstick so mine must be a good one still.

Well when I checked the dipstick it was still within range, but on the low side. I hope I just have a good oil sensor. If it were 3 quarts low would it even read on the dipstick? I mean I did just change my oil. I can't imagine I dumped 3 quarts in a weak with no leaking

If you burned 3 quarts in a week, and not notice the huge plume of smoke that would produce...

Why is there even a thread on here about checking your OIL LEVEL!!! People really amaze me, how some of you ever survive will always be a mystery

I'm
Done

If it's not leaking, why are you putting stop leak in it?

I meant no oil spots on the ground. Like I said earlier I usually get the low oil message about 85% through my oil change. I was trying the stop leak to see if I still got the message

I know this is a stupid topic people. I was wanting to see if anyone else had oil go missing without the major leaks or white smoke. I'm going to chalk this up to me not putting the full 6 quarts in, someone told me if I'm using restore I could replace a quart with it but I guess not. Thanks to anyone who had some input for me

Members online

Back