Lots of Marks on the road..

nsjuice

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im Going to be in this town for a while, so I figure I'd take a look around...

Fresno has to be the town with the most Mark VIIIs I've ever seen driving around!! A lot of Gen1s of course, but a :q:q:q:q load of Gen IIs too!! What gives?

I've had many occasions where people look at my Mark and ask, "what kind of car is that?" But here, I don't feel that special.. Actually, my car looks like crap compared to the conditions of the GEn IIS here!

anyway..

I can't wait to go to the boneyard!!!!!!!

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/1554330458.html

You still seeing lots of cars only ensures we'll have future parts.:p

Parts in good enough shape to match the rest of my car are already scarce enough that I'm just modifying everything.

I don't see many in my area. Funny you mention this though since I saw two Gen 1's today. Both were in good shape and driven by guys in their 60's.

there are very few by me. (just north of chicago). i've seen maybe 12 different ones in 2 years.

I don't drive mine much in winter but drove it today to go downtown Philadelphia to drop off a job-I don't usually see any Marks anymore, but saw two from a distance-both gen 1's one was pretty beat with white paint and a hideous blue fake-'vert top, the other was a dark green, also not pretty. Mine came out of the garage, I avoid puddles, it was the cleanest car I saw today:D

I havent seen another Mark in over a week. Wish there were some around but there just arnt. :(

OAN my 97 used to get a compliment (unsolicited) about once every couple months. If I was talking to someone about their car and then pointed out mine I would always recieve a compliment but very rarley would someone just out of the blue say "Nice car."
My white one on the other hand has gotten 5 compliments in the last week just out of the blue. I am always pleased and answer all the questions but it has me wondering.... why does the white get compliments? I liked the green color better but the pearl white seems more eye catching.

White's been in style lately, for the last 5 years or so. It'll fall off again sometime, but for now, looks good, catches eyes. When the economy is bad trends seem to stop.

Dude, off topic, I love the picture of the Jeep... but I think you have a slight hump on your driveway!:D

hehe...thanks. Wasn't my driveway though....it was my front yard, the Ninth green to be precise

The "bump" is to the left of the lawn mower
DSCN0670.jpg

/end hijack

Members online

No members online now.
Back